• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Hopes for Ultra Sun & Moon

This has probably been said by now (and I'm too lazy to find out), but I do hope that we'll have trainers that have more than 2-3 Pokemon on-hand, and not just the "big guys" like Kahunas and such. Especially since they're expanding the dex to add other Mons like Electrike, Houndour, and so on. So I want to see more trainers with more Pokemon than just 2 or 3. Early route trainers, okay, yeah, sure, that's fine, since the game is just starting and too many Mons at once could be overkill, but later in the game I want to see more expansive and diverse teams on more people and not just in big battles like rivals and Kahunas. I mean, it's easy to get a team of 6 by the second island alone, if not before that, so why shouldn't other Trainers have that too? So my hopes is that we get trainers with larger teams outside of the big ones.

This has probably been said by now (and I'm too lazy to find out), but I do hope that we'll have trainers that have more than 2-3 Pokemon on-hand, and not just the "big guys" like Kahunas and such. Especially since they're expanding the dex to add other Mons like Electrike, Houndour, and so on. So I want to see more trainers with more Pokemon than just 2 or 3. Early route trainers, okay, yeah, sure, that's fine, since the game is just starting and too many Mons at once could be overkill, but later in the game I want to see more expansive and diverse teams on more people and not just in big battles like rivals and Kahunas. I mean, it's easy to get a team of 6 by the second island alone, if not before that, so why shouldn't other Trainers have that too? So my hopes is that we get trainers with larger teams outside of the big ones.

+ I'd like to have trainer rematches.

Offensive Z-Moves are not commonly used. And Sturdy Incineroar wouldn’t be a Pheromosa counter ever. He's too slow and would get KOed after Sturdy kicks in
even with Acrobatics? 4x damage to bug/fighting?

+ look a steelix and mega steelix speed and stone edge+

how many Stone edge, Earthquake and Surf users are "faster" then Incineroar, dont say that Sturdy with a fire type wouldnt work.

even with Acrobatics? 4x damage to bug/fighting?

+ look a steelix and mega steelix speed and stone edge+

how many Stone edge, Earthquake and Surf users are "faster" then Incineroar, dont say that Sturdy with a fire type wouldnt work.

Incineroar has enough bulk to survive super effective moves. Sturdy is useful, but intimidate is even more useful.

Incineroar has enough bulk to survive super effective moves. Sturdy is useful, but intimidate is even more useful.
ok, sturdy better be for a fire/steel , fire/poison or fire/ground then.
But tigers are said to be sturdy in real life.
then what other kind of abilities would you suggest? tough claws? fluffy?

then what other kind of abilities would you suggest? tough claws? fluffy?

I feel like Incineroar should've had a brand new ability like its counterparts.

Brawling Rush
Incineroar's Attack stat raises once each time it uses a physical move that makes contact. Stats are not raised if the move dosen’t hit due to any reason.

It could be broken, but no more broken than Mega Blaziken or Greninja. In fact, it’s low speed makes Brawling Rush Incineroar quite balanced. It also fits thematically.
But I'm fine with Intimidate. No biggie.

I feel like Incineroar should've had a brand new ability like its counterparts.

Brawling Rush
Incineroar's Attack stat raises once each time it uses a physical move that makes contact. Stats are not raised if the move dosen’t hit due to any reason.

It could be broken, but no more broken than Mega Blaziken or Greninja. In fact, it’s low speed makes Brawling Rush Incineroar quite balanced. It also fits thematically.
But I'm fine with Intimidate. No biggie.

nice idea but rather would want speed , or defences rise then its attack.
what about Stamina?

Thematically, Sturdy would allow it to survive Surf and very powerfull moves of powerfull pokemon.

maybe Immunity against poison?
Or maybe a new hazard counter ability? what if it would not react to entry hazards?

Last edited:
nice idea but rather would want speed , or defences rise then its attack.
what about Stamina?

Thematically, Sturdy would allow it to survive Surf and very powerfull moves of powerfull pokemon.

maybe Immunity against poison?
Or maybe a new hazard counter ability? what if it would not react to entry hazards?
Considering Incineroar's main damage output is flare blitz, I don't think sturdy would even be a wise choice. You'd kill yourself after 1 attack because either A: sturdy activated and you blitzed to death, or B: you blitzed, lost health, and sturdy didn't activate.

Considering Incineroar's main damage output is flare blitz, I don't think sturdy would even be a wise choice. You'd kill yourself after 1 attack because either A: sturdy activated and you blitzed to death, or B: you blitzed, lost health, and sturdy didn't activate.
depends on the other moves you use, I would rather use Incineroar with Fake Out first to weaken the foe.
Depending on what pokemon is out against it.
Seriously it can learn U-turn and make use of it too if used right.

Hope they fix water compaction, amount of dancing moves, bulletproof, freezing and other things that bothered many fans in this game and further.

I don't know if this has been said already, let alone if it can be done inter-generation, but I think you should be able to rename a traded Pokemon. I get the whole "but the nickname is supposed to represent the feelings the Trainer had for it!" sentiment. But let's be real-not everyone has that in mind when naming Pokemon. Especially through Wonder Trade, where you can get a variety of different words or play on words. Or thoughtless names like "agsbaj" or "BBjay142" (both of these are real nicknames I have received on Pokemon).

My little brother was eight when he received a shiny Slyveon nicknamed "V*rgin," and I think that's ridiculous. He immediately knew it was an inappropriate name and was reluctant to use it for anything (suffice to say, it now resides with me). I've gotten Pokemon nicknamed "b**bs" before as well as other weird names that completely take away from the charm of using a Pokemon. A lot of children play these games and shouldn't have to be exposed to someone's ill-nature attempt at bypassing the name restrictions. The fact that evolution removes a nickname is great, but why not extend that to just being able to rename the Pokemon in general? Somewhere on the screen can be its original nickname.

For example, my family adopted our current Boxer several years ago from my dad's past coworker. They were moving to a smaller home and didn't want her anymore. They had named her Mouse. Yup. A beautiful, energetic Boxer puppy had the name of a rodent. We immediately renamed her London, fitting with our British city and town theme, and never looked back. And people do that all the time when acquiring new pets. Or when people legally change their own names. So I think Game Freak should wise up and get with the times, especially since this would actually be a practical application and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

I think the Totem Mimikyu (if Mimikyu is still the totem for Acerola's trial) will be in it's "true" form, judging by Acerola's frantic cameo in the trailer. I hope this is the case anyway.

I don't know if this has been said already, let alone if it can be done inter-generation, but I think you should be able to rename a traded Pokemon. I get the whole "but the nickname is supposed to represent the feelings the Trainer had for it!" sentiment. But let's be real-not everyone has that in mind when naming Pokemon. Especially through Wonder Trade, where you can get a variety of different words or play on words. Or thoughtless names like "agsbaj" or "BBjay142" (both of these are real nicknames I have received on Pokemon).

My little brother was eight when he received a shiny Slyveon nicknamed "V*rgin," and I think that's ridiculous. He immediately knew it was an inappropriate name and was reluctant to use it for anything (suffice to say, it now resides with me). I've gotten Pokemon nicknamed "b**bs" before as well as other weird names that completely take away from the charm of using a Pokemon. A lot of children play these games and shouldn't have to be exposed to someone's ill-nature attempt at bypassing the name restrictions. The fact that evolution removes a nickname is great, but why not extend that to just being able to rename the Pokemon in general? Somewhere on the screen can be its original nickname.

For example, my family adopted our current Boxer several years ago from my dad's past coworker. They were moving to a smaller home and didn't want her anymore. They had named her Mouse. Yup. A beautiful, energetic Boxer puppy had the name of a rodent. We immediately renamed her London, fitting with our British city and town theme, and never looked back. And people do that all the time when acquiring new pets. Or when people legally change their own names. So I think Game Freak should wise up and get with the times, especially since this would actually be a practical application and make the game more enjoyable for everyone.
Game Freak probably doesn't want to get rid of the "nickname = trainer's original feelings" bit, especially if a trade was going to be temporary between friends. What if my Pokémon that I nicknamed had its name changed without my consent? Sure,I could always change it back, but I'm sure little Billy won't be happy that his shiny nicknamed "McCoolname" got changed to "Bulls**tF***" by his douche of an older brother. That's probably what Game Freak has in mind when it comes to the nickname system. However, I think there might be a way for Game Freak to solve this:

When you first catch/hatch/are gifted a Pokémon that's not from an event, there's a lock in place to prevent other trainers from changing the nickname you gave your Pokémon. However, you are able to lift this nickname restriction by people who are either in your friends list or even right before a trade. Additionally, Wonder Trade should be able to remove this lock automatically since it's obvious Pokémon that are Wonder Traded most likely won't result in the original trainer wanting that Pokémon back.

^ Honestly, that just creates a bunch of unnecessary extra hoops and limitations. It would be easier to just change the name on your own, and wouldn't require you to know some semi-esoteric gameplay quirks that kids likely wouldn't find out on their own.

If little Billy's mad his brother changed the name, it's no big deal. Just change the name when you can. It takes like no effort to go back and change it, and it's his fault for trusting his douche of an older brother in the first place. Sure, making all Pokemon nickname-able would give way for incidents like this, but it would also mean that there's an easy fix, on top of fixing the abuse of the naming feature we have in place now.

I know it's really unlikely, but it would really help my hair follicles if I didn't have to beat so many trainers in a row to battlle Red/Blue on Super Battles. If they could just reduce the amount of battles needed by half, I'm sure a lot less profanity would be thrown at the facility.

I know it's really unlikely, but it would really help my hair follicles if I didn't have to beat so many trainers in a row to battlle Red/Blue on Super Battles. If they could just reduce the amount of battles needed by half, I'm sure a lot less profanity would be thrown at the facility.

Then people would complain that the games are too easy...

Then people would complain that the games are too easy...
The amount of hax in the Battle facility will still be there. Besides, if a player wants a real challenge they can just continue their win streak as much as they want (or can, depending on when the facility decides to screw them over). All I'm asking is for the bosses (who are actually easier than the regular challengers) to appear earlier.
But if you want to win 200 times in a row for a Berry you'll never use, go for it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom