• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Hopes for Ultra Sun & Moon

They could lower the thresholds for rewards but give more rewards. It's not making the game easier, but just rewarding the player for slogging through it more. Seems a better way to do it than needing 200 wins for something like a berry. At 200, they could give you a shiny Pokemon like B2W2 did for beating the White Treehollow/Black Tower, as an example, and then move the berry to a lower threshold.

Now that move tutors are confirmed, I hope Lurantis, Silvally and the Lycanroc forms will get access to Superpower. It fits the dogs so well (especially Midnight) and would help them hit Steel-types with something stronger than Fire Fang. It doesn't seem quite as fitting for Lurantis based off design, but obviously it would work great with Contrary, and would help it finally be something other than a slow, defogging Serperior. Silvally is unjustly deprived of good coverage moves for a Pokemon created to be adaptable, and a strong Fighting move could help remedy that.

Also, I hope they add some Gen 7 moves to Move Tutor like Psychic Fangs.

Add the move Powder to the Move Tutor list. It's a waste for it to just be exclusive to Vivillon. Also, please make the Light of Ruin move available in the same vain as Draco Meteor. I understand that it's too late for Eternal Flower Floette, but the least you could do is let us have that one move for our own Pokémon instead of just leaving it in there unused. Pretty please, Game Freak?

Also, please make the Light of Ruin move available in the same vain as Draco Meteor. I understand that it's too late for Eternal Flower Floette, but the least you could do is let us have that one move for our own Pokémon instead of just leaving it in there unused. Pretty please, Game Freak?

> Drawing power from the Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot.

How is anybody else going to use it if they don’t carry an Eternal Flower, though?

my final hopes before the release:
-let me catch riolu before post game, please.
-add 6vs6 mode to battle spot
-give zygarde some story, maybe in post game.
-add all champions to the battle tree (iris,steven etc...)
i hope at least one thing from the list will happen.

I hope there's something better than the Battle Tree, with even more cameos. Plus a great story that hopefully would be better than Sun/Moon's.

I don't have too high hopes as this is technically the third game, but it does look promising for now

> Drawing power from the Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot.

How is anybody else going to use it if they don’t carry an Eternal Flower, though?
By changing the flavor text. IIRC, the flavor text of Sacred Sword was also changed to allow it to make sense for Pokémon other than the Swords of Justice to use that move. The same would obviously have to apply here. Here's an example of how Ganme Freak could change the flavor text.

> Drawing power from the life energy of nature, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot.

This way, it still makes sense for both Eternal Flower Floette and other Pokémon to be able to use it.

By changing the flavor text. IIRC, the flavor text of Sacred Sword was also changed to allow it to make sense for Pokémon other than the Swords of Justice to use that move. The same would obviously have to apply here. Here's an example of how Ganme Freak could change the flavor text.

> Drawing power from the life energy of nature, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot.

This way, it still makes sense for both Eternal Flower Floette and other Pokémon to be able to use it.

Sacred Sword’s text barely changed at all, it just adjusted “horns” to “horn,” and while Aegislash does technically have a horn, that is almost certainly not the part that it is attacking with.

I hope there's more clarity over what side Wicke plays for. She can't be that ignorant to not know what goes on at the Aether Foundation. Not saying that I want her to be evil, I just wish the game gave more of hint over what her true intentions are.

I hope there's more clarity over what side Wicke plays for. She can't be that ignorant to not know what goes on at the Aether Foundation. Not saying that I want her to be evil, I just wish the game gave more of hint over what her true intentions are.
Well, I won't necessarily call Wicke ignorant while we are at that. She seemed to know from the start that Lusamine's actions are evil, and consistently disagreed with her obsession; she was the one Lillie and Gladion confided in before running away; she assists the International Police in their efforts to capture the Ultra Beasts in an attempt to atone for the Foundation's sins. Eh.. with all so much revolving around her, calling Wicke ignorant, and about Aether Foundation's actions of all things, is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Well, I won't necessarily call Wicke ignorant while we are at that. She seemed to know from the start that Lusamine's actions are evil, and consistently disagreed with her obsession; she was the one Lillie and Gladion confided in before running away; she assists the International Police in their efforts to capture the Ultra Beasts in an attempt to atone for the Foundation's sins. Eh.. with all so much revolving around her, calling Wicke ignorant, and about Aether Foundation's actions of all things, is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

I didn't imply that she was totally ignorant, I just mean that I think her story could be a little more up front - especially if she means that much to Gladion and Lillie.

Sacred Sword’s text barely changed at all, it just adjusted “horns” to “horn,” and while Aegislash does technically have a horn, that is almost certainly not the part that it is attacking with.
Considering how Glare's description only started to explicitly mention a pattern on the user's belly in FRLG when it stopped being the signature move of Ekans and Arbok in Gen II, I'm pretty sure they aren't that bothered anyway.

Considering how Glare's description only started to explicitly mention a pattern on the user's belly in FRLG when it stopped being the signature move of Ekans and Arbok in Gen II, I'm pretty sure they aren't that bothered anyway.
^This post expresses my thoughts exactly! Seriously, not using Eternal Flower Floette is one thing, but leaving a move in the code when it's never going to be used is just pointless. TBH, I was half-expecting them to retcon Light of Ruin in Magearna's signature move when it was first revealed, but they gave it something else instead. Besides, with Draco Metoeor being carried over a a staple Move Tutor move, having Light of Ruin be the Fairy-type equivalent of that in regards of Move Tutors makes sense given that Fairy-type was added to nerf Dragon-types.

Okay, fair point. But still, signature moves for “special” Pokémon like Legendaries and, I presume, AZ’s Floette tend to be designed with those Pokémon specifically in mind, and have been much more closely guarded when it comes to being distributed to other Pokémon. For instance, it would surely make sense for Thundurus, the Bolt Strike Pokémon, to have access to Bolt Strike - but since Bolt Strike is meant to be Zekrom’s signature move, only it can use it. Yeah, it’s not really a big deal for things like Glare, but moves such as that one aren’t meant to be very special.

Granted, they have become ever so slightly more relaxed as of Generation 6, as evidenced by them giving Sacred Fire to Entei (although Entei does have a connection to Ho-Oh in lore which justifes this somewhat). However, I don’t expect them to make a habit of this. And of course, it is entirely possible that they don’t even want us to have access to that Floette or to Light of Ruin, and programmed them into the game just in case they ended up ever needing to have AZ’s Floette appear in battle.

I'm hoping that they implement a way to keep track of the Zygarde Cells and Cores. Show us how far we have progressed and which locations we have already found Cells and Cores. I also hope that the locations are different than SM.

I'm hoping that they implement a way to keep track of the Zygarde Cells and Cores. Show us how far we have progressed and which locations we have already found Cells and Cores.

Well, there already is a way to track how many Cells you’ve obtained. Just go into the Key Items pocket and use the Zygarde Cube. But a way to mark down which areas you’ve already collected them from would be nice, perhaps as another function of the Rotom Dex.

Although unlikely, I'm still hoping for a full national dex on this game, otherwise I feel like my completed dex on Alpha Sapphire is just sitting unused, as I don't feel like transferring through pokemon bank to USUM, if I can't register them to my dex, and then not be able to transfer them back to AS.

Although unlikely, I'm still hoping for a full national dex on this game, otherwise I feel like my completed dex on Alpha Sapphire is just sitting unused, as I don't feel like transferring through pokemon bank to USUM, if I can't register them to my dex, and then not be able to transfer them back to AS.

I have the feeling they will include the National Dex this time. Last game of the generation. Plus, part of their reasoning for not releasing the National Dex before was probably because they knew they would be adding new UBs and such which would mess it up.

That all trainer customisation options are available to both games without having to go through all that Festival Plaza bullshit to get blue shirts in Sun.

In addition: Fix up the clothing menu. Make the default clothing actual options in the menu, instead of just showing up when you take the article off. It got super confusing when I tried to find the red ribbed capris again.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom