• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Hopes for Ultra Sun & Moon

Zygarde should have a role. Maybe it's in Alola because of the UBs threat. Have it fight them.
I'd like it if it gets revealed that the Aether Foundation directly interfered with Zygarde and attempted to use it. I mean, you assemble Zygarde in an Aether Foundation building for crying out loud! How can they not have a connection!?

I also have to concur that they need to end the Gen I pandering. I understand that it's a "correction" after people complained about no old Pokemon in BW1 until the post-game, but for God's sake give some of the other regions some love.

I wonder what the percentage of Pokemon from each Gen there are in the Alola dex?

Last edited:
I'd like it if it gets revealed that the Aether Foundation directly interfered with Zygarde and attempted to use it. I mean, you assemble Zygarde in an Aether Foundation building for crying out loud! How can they not have a connection!?

Oh this kind of makes sense. I'd like to have more integration with Kalos in terms of plot.

Oh this kind of makes sense. I'd like to have more integration with Kalos in terms of plot.
imagine that in the anime where for now reasons Ash finds out that Zygarde and Greninja come to Alola to rescue a other core.

My hopes:
- New megas
- new moves
- new abilities
- buff and changes to those introduced in sun and moon (water compaction)
- more beast kind forms for all the UB

Honestly, my biggest hope is that Gf remembers that Generations beyond I & VII exist. Hell, the most love they gave any gen besides that one is cameos from prominent characters (and Grimsley) from the games. Let's maybe see a couple Gen II, III, IV, V, and VI Alola formes huh?
Maybe some new Megas too (Electric/Dark mega Luxray when?).
I also hope they'll have the plot as different enough that it doesn't just feel like a re-skinned SM. I know it's just a 3rd version, but they can still mix it up. I've seen a post that speculates that you get your Z-Ring from Nanu as opposed to Hala, but that's just speculation at this point. Either way that would be a good starting point to changing the plots a bit.

My hopes and dreams are that GF introduces brand new pokemon mid gen like never before. Yeap, that's never gonna happen but this is a thread about hopes so wynaut.

Other hopes for the games:

- New Alolan forms (no more kanto please) and new forms of pokemon that already have forms or are suitable for having forms.
- No gen1 pandering because enough already.
- Walking pokemon but that may happen next gen instead.
- I'd want the region map to be expanded and changed to a significant level. Yes, I also hope for new islands because who's to say it can't happen? The map had enough clouds to make an excuse about newly discovered land.
- Better dex and type/pokemon distribution 'cause the one in SM was atrocious.
- New trials and at least some new captains/kahunas/e4. Improved trials would be welcome.
- If trials won't be improved, then I hope they are either increased in number or that we see gyms return in some form alongside trials, even if they're some postgame thing.
- I hope the story is an actually good one and isn't rushed/half-finished like the one in SM. Better be worth the split in 2 since these are not even sequels.
- Get rid of the shitty pokeride music and the riding outfit, introduce different riding pokemon. Even those are too much kanto for my taste.
- Improve plaza and separate the online from it, just make the pss return. MAke it possible for people to level up their own shops and make a distinction between being online or offline for your plaza passerbys (currently if you go online even once, youre stuck with the same visitors you got when you were online instead of randomized offline visits).
- Improve pokefinder and make it actually meaningful. (like, make minigames or quests out of it).
- I hope the new pokering flipping feature shown on the trailer is not anything that is bs-level gimmicks.
- ADD UNDERWATER TO FRIGGIN HAWAII!
- Add a dexnav-like feature.
- Bring sitting back. Bring tv channels back. Bring interactive items back, SM had them lacking.
- Improve level design of region.
- Allow people to skip cutscenes if they want. Personally, I like cutscenes and don't care about having them, but I understand the need for a skip feature.
- I'd want a facility that is Frontier-tier, even if it's not a frontier per se. Even a PWT-like facility would do, just stop with the reskinned battle towers already. Or add more features to the tree, like more interesting battle modes (yes, that includes rental challenges and whatever else is Frontier-tier)
- Longer post-game that includes more than your average Looker sidequest. A Sevii islands-like chain of side quests would be awesome. I'd even forego expanded region for them to reveal to us a newly discovered small island pelago to do side quests on.
- Well I'd love for zygarde to stop being shafted and have actual relevance. Same goes for the UBs that they overhyped so much, only to make a half-assed plot about Nihilego with a random cameo of Pheromosa/Buzzwole that amounted to nothing. I hope these games do them justice and make a good plot out of UBs and Necrozma.
- I might still be salty that the obvious resemblance between some UBs and some characters was left unacknowledged, but I still hope they do something with that. Even if we can give an excuse that Lusamine dressed Lillie like Nihilego, that doesn't explain Pheromosa or Xurkitree(mannerisms, stance, color scheme and shape resemble ya boi Guzma), or Guzzlord(shape and color scheme resembling Hala), since Lusamine has only ever seen Nihilego and no other character has seen the UBs they resemble.
- Hope they have a new villain team but still not get rid of ya boi Guzma or skull/aether characters.

Honestly, I just want these games to be different enough from SM to be worth it and I'd be happy if even half of these hopes and dreams became reality.

Last edited:
Fix fishing: My god does fishing suck in SM. Let us go back to fishing wherever we want. Having to find a fishing spot every time you want to do it is infuriating. Also, keep it to Pokemon only thanks. If I wanted to get an item out of this, I'd go looking for items, if I'm fishing, it means I'm after a f*cking fish.
Less 1% encounter rates: Really they only serve to add artificial length to the game by making some Pokemon just infuriating to find.
Related to the above: No more Mareanie situations (1% encounter, from an SOS, from a specific Pokemon), that's just mean.

Fix fishing: My god does fishing suck in SM. Let us go back to fishing wherever we want. Having to find a fishing spot every time you want to do it is infuriating. Also, keep it to Pokemon only thanks. If I wanted to get an item out of this, I'd go looking for items, if I'm fishing, it means I'm after a f*cking fish.
As much as I agree with you, I think the reason for those fishing spots were because Game Freak had to get used to a fully 3D no-grid map, so it would have been harder for them to define which areas could have Pokémon/allow fishing than in previous titles. Thus, fishing spots were kind of necessary evil in that regard.

As much as I agree with you, I think the reason for those fishing spots were because Game Freak had to get used to a fully 3D no-grid map, so it would have been harder for them to define which areas could have Pokémon/allow fishing than in previous titles. Thus, fishing spots were kind of necessary evil in that regard.
But couldn't we fish anywhere in XY and ORAS? Or am I remembering wrong?

We were able to fish anywhere in Gen 6.
Yes, but I do see their point. In Gen VI, even thought surfing with the Circle Pad would get us off of the grid, when you went to fish it'd approximate the grid square you were closest to, and put your lure there. So I suppose I can see the purpose for it.

An actual battle frontier with more lenient difficulty options.
Story and characters that are at least as good as the previous game.
Altered encounter rates. I feel that some of the new pokemon are too difficult/tedious to find and require a bit too much "trickery".
More alolan forms. In particular for more generations or using rare type combinations. Still want my water/dragon Dragonite.
Some way to buff some of the alolan pokemon. New moves like Ice Shard and Mach Punch for Crabominable for example.
Probably redundant with pokebank but some old legendaries in Alola. Would be pretty cool if Lugia could be catchable as a reference to the Orange Islands.
More Mega evolutions. Particularly for the rest of the starters and gen 5/6 pokemon.

I don't mind the fishing spots too much, what I do mind is that most fishing spots are useless and only the bubbling spots are worth fishing at :/ As soon as you figure that out I doubt anyone ever stopped at the non-bubbling spots anymore so it's a pretty pointless and frustrating mechanic.

I'm fine with the fishing spots staying, but just give them all the same encounter rates as the bubbling spots and don't make 80% of them almost only Magikarp.

An actual battle frontier with more lenient difficulty options.
Story and characters that are at least as good as the previous game.
Altered encounter rates. I feel that some of the new pokemon are too difficult/tedious to find and require a bit too much "trickery".
More alolan forms. In particular for more generations or using rare type combinations. Still want my water/dragon Dragonite.
Some way to buff some of the alolan pokemon. New moves like Ice Shard and Mach Punch for Crabominable for example.
Probably redundant with pokebank but some old legendaries in Alola. Would be pretty cool if Lugia could be catchable as a reference to the Orange Islands.
More Mega evolutions. Particularly for the rest of the starters and gen 5/6 pokemon.
These points remind me that I forgot to add difficulty modes/multiple save files to my hopes and dreams

And also, I REALLY hope the move tutors this time around are going to be placed in a less retarded spot than SM (includes move relearners and deleters). Some Alolan forms and even gen7 pokemon are utterly crippled by their evolution method and level up movepool (e.g. Golisopod and alolan Marowak)

Ooh! Something else I thought of:
Change the move select layout back to the way it was. Yes it looks cool, but the move buttons are really small, and I've accidentally used the wrong move simply by pressing a little too high or low far too many times. I know you can use the buttons, but I like using the touch screen, and the new layout makes it difficult. Really there was nothing wrong with how they layout looked before, It's not like they need to keep the middle of the screen open either since you can't check the status shortcuts from the move screen.

And also, I REALLY hope the move tutors this time around are going to be placed in a less retarded spot than SM (includes move relearners and deleters). Some Alolan forms and even gen7 pokemon are utterly crippled by their evolution method and level up movepool (e.g. Golisopod and alolan Marowak)
Well, it's not like there's really any tutors in SM anyway, and the deleter is now pointless since there's no HMs to get rid of. The Reminder also kinda has to be at the end of the game too considering what they've done with the system (you can now cheat the level-up system and "remember" moves from later levels).

Ooh! Something else I thought of:
Change the move select layout back to the way it was. Yes it looks cool, but the move buttons are really small, and I've accidentally used the wrong move simply by pressing a little too high or low far too many times. I know you can use the buttons, but I like using the touch screen, and the new layout makes it difficult. Really there was nothing wrong with how they layout looked before, It's not like they need to keep the middle of the screen open either since you can't check the status shortcuts from the move screen.

Well, it's not like there's really any tutors in SM anyway, and the deleter is now pointless since there's no HMs to get rid of. The Reminder also kinda has to be at the end of the game too considering what they've done with the system (you can now cheat the level-up system and "remember" moves from later levels).
True, that was also a pretty bad change on their part because now you have to wait for the end of the game to make use of certain pokemon that are compromised in their moveset because they cant possibly evolve early enough to learn those moves...seems like a bad trade-off just to be able to learn later level moves..

True, that was also a pretty bad change on their part because now you have to wait for the end of the game to make use of certain pokemon that are compromised in their moveset because they cant possibly evolve early enough to learn those moves...seems like a bad trade-off just to be able to learn later level moves..
I fail to see how the new Reminder system is to blame for poorly designed Pokemon. Especially given that most Pokemon take linger to learn moves after evolving. The way I see it, those Pokemon would be hindered anyway, and the new Reminder system gives them a chance to pull out the good stuff once they finally get there.

that's not actually why. the fishing system we have is in place because PokeRide takes up the old key items menu, so anything that was a key item had to be tweaked to accommodate this. hence, Tauros bike, Stoutland itemfinder, RotomDex map, and fishing spots. and we know it's a function of the loss of the key item menu because there's no useable key item at all, meaning Game Freak had to find a way to re-incorporate them.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom