• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your idea for a Pokemon Manga series

matt0044

Reaction score
This thread is where Pokemon fans can state their ideas for a Pokemon Manga of their own, be it an adaptation of the main games or side games or even an original story from scratch. Maybe even a parody.

Me? I'd like a Pokemon Manga based on the Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova games that doesn't rush the story like PokeSpe or Pokemon DPA just because it has to last during the generation it's based on. The author (me or someone else) should take his/her time with the story, characters, Pokemon and everything and not worry about what the current generation being promoted is like Kusaka or Ihara. If it's Pokemon, fans will probably take a look at it at least. Like many Shonen Manga, it'd have complex characters, stellar stories, awesome action, memorable moments and many more amazing things that'll keep the readers craving for more. Unlike many Shonen Manga, it'd try to subvert any typical cliches that can be avoided and would have a satisfying ending after a good amount of volumes (like before the thirties). Also, I'd make the main character a girl and add more characters for the story.

What about you? What would your idea for a Pokemon Manga be?

Pokemon Dimensional Travel

Living in the "Real World", which pokemon are video game and card characters, a 15 years old Ash is a pokemon card player who have strange dreams about a pikachu calling him and the mysterious palkia. After end in 2nd place on a card game tournament, and ethereal fearow attack Ash and his school friend Samantha. Ash keep listening pikachu's voice and one of Ash's cards glow and turns into a solid pokemon (let's say... rufflet! XP), who defeat the fearow. After this, a black hole appears in the ground and absorb Ash and Samantha to the pokemon world. In this world, Ash learns about a little boy and a pikachu from Kanto who disappeared for a month in Unova... and the boy look like Ash himself (Am I that obvious? Not in my mind :3).

Characters:

Ash

Tenant at Samantha's parents pension since he was 10 years old, with no prior memories, but with a strange fixation about pokemon, which he satisfy with the card game. After 5 years of dreams about pikachu and palkia, he finally come to the world where pokemon and trainers are real. His own world... or the world where his dreams come true? He's trying to find the missing Ash-boy in Unova. The pokemon from Ash's deck in the real world came to life, revealing the things are more complex than they look like...

This older version of Ash is still eager to fight and meet pokemon, but somewhat wise and measured about strategies.

Team - Rufflet, Sewaddle, Gollet, Tirtouga, Heatmor, Duosion.

Samantha

Ash's friend for five years, she is a kind but strong willed girl. She's able to deal with Ash's personality better than others. Thanks to Ash, she developed some affection for the pokemon game (of course, for Ash himself too *_*) to have her own deck, but not the courage to play. She knows about Ash's dreams and want help him to clarify his doubts... but not at the point to let him stay at the pokemon world. Maybe she knows something, maybe not.

Samantha isn't a good battler, but, by Ash's influence and the pokemon world itself, she start to develop abilities to her own. She have a carefree attitude about battles, but stay serious about the ones she REALLY wants to win. her deck team gains life too.

Team - Munna, Eevee, Shelmet, Herdier.

Sabrina

Saffron City gym leader. By prof. Oak's request, she's using her psychic powers to find any clue about Ash-boy, in part, because she's thankful to him for help her in the past. After meet the grown up Ash and Samantha, she start to travel along them to find Ash-boy. Because of their similarities, Sabrina have her own suspicious about the relation between this new Ash and the Ash-boy... and, getting attached to the teenager Ash, she hopes to be wrong.

She now use her FR/LG look and keep alakazam and her new evolved gengar in her team. Gengar, by the way, can't find the same "aura" between teenager Ash and the Ash-boy he knew.

Team - Alakazam, Gengar, Gothorita, Sygilph

Something with zero deaths and more comedy, of course.

PokeSpe doesn't really have too much death (only on the rarest occasions) and does have comedy, especially in the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum chapter where the two male lead characters are comedians.

Do you have anymore ideas?

All the speculation on the news thread about N's backstory, and him supposedly being raised by pokemon got me thinking... Hareta from DPA in BW? It might be interesting, but that may be the lack of sleep talking. I'll have to think on this more.

PokeSpe doesn't really have too much death (only on the rarest occasions) and does have comedy, especially in the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum chapter where the two male lead characters are comedians.

Do you have anymore ideas?

Then obviously the next step is pure comedy and a negative bodycount.

Me? I think a manga telling the story of Unova's wars would be interesting. :T

Comedy where no one dies, that's basically Pocket Monsters. Unless you count the art style in which case it's a slaughter.

I guess no one dies in Magical Pokemon Journey although there's some pre-story deaths (Mandy the Charmander and the whole thing with Sandy the ghost come to mind).

Anyway for me, I'd want to see more explorations of the Pokemon world. What about the normal people? What about the pokemon themselves? What's the daily life like? PokeWake explored this to some degree, but I'd like to see something with a bit more of a solid story.

I'd want to see more explorations of the Pokemon world. What about the normal people? What about the pokemon themselves? What's the daily life like? PokeWake explored this to some degree, but I'd like to see something with a bit more of a solid story.

A Slice of Life series with Pokemon? DO WANT! It'd really show the Pokemon world from a different perspective.

Yeah. Like I said, PokeWake sort of accomplishes this, but it has basically single-chapter stories (with a very few recurring characters such as Akane and Junk), so not a lot of time to pull off a detailed storyline. Magical Pokemon Journey has some elements of slice of life, but it's more of a comedy with romance than a slice of life.

Something based on a run of a game with added rules to make it harder..... like nuzlocke *shot*
Nintendo, Viz, and the Pokemon Company International would never agree to it, but it would be cool if a manga artist did somethin' like it.

Trading card manga. Newly divorced, depressed guy finds his old box of Pokemon Cards and sets out to become the best player so he can find something to do with his life.

A manga which uses the PMD style, but in a continuous story with a world where humanity is extinct due to an unexplained "outing", following a team consisting of Alakazam, Gardevoir, and Gothitelle called Team Psi of the EAR(Exploration Adventure Rescue) Corps as they fight against the Shadow Pokémon Convergence, led by a super computer(the last remaining human creation) named SCALPER(Shadow Converter And Pokémon Encephalic Reorganizer), which still seeks to complete its last orders: convert all Pokémon into Shadow Forme and keep them under its control!

The life and times of a Pokemon bounty hunter who uses his Pokemon to assist him in catching bounty heads. I don't have an actual story thought out or anything, but I've always thought about such a concept.

A nice Manga series would be of how all of the gym leaders came into power. Another one would be about the Elite Fours.

Sorry if you die reading this, but...
A manga where Red and Green get together?
[/shotshotshot]

I only ever thought of making my own story once, but it was stupid, relied on Special for 70% of the plot, and had the protagonist randomly change from Red's FRLG clothes to Gold/Ethan's, and then Brendan's Emerald outfit (this was before the release of Diamond and Pearl) each time he was forced to travel around another region. It also ripped off some of my favorite (but inappropriate) mangas for half the battles, so much so that a battle against a Grovyle with Pokerus (ie steroid virus in this particular work) was like Guts vs. Zodd with Pokemon and some level of gore.

Thinking about it in retrospect, it was like a Special where the kid gets all 3 starters and Pikachu in his team within the first volume's worth, and where he has the highest frequency of outfit changes in all Pokemon, with influence from sword-oriented Seinen manga.

IT WAS WHACK.

I would love to see a series where they focused on the history of the Pokemon world - that always fascinated me. I don't really have anything to relate it to, but basically it wouldn't have much continuity between the series but it would have one or two volumes with a big world event in the past, and then it would skip forward time to another big world event up until the first games.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom