• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Ideas For New Pokemon

Freinare Unimentra

Reaction score
This thread is for You to share ideas on new pokemon, pokemon that you made up. The following is what I hope you'll include in your pokemon's description.

1. its name that should be theme related.

2. its type(s). can have no more two types at a time.

3. it pokedex Species. ex. Bulbasaur the seed pokemon, Charmander the lizard pokemon, Lucario the aura pokemon, Jirachi the wish pokemon.

4. looks description. what its design is based on. ex beedrill is based on the wasp. vulpix is based on foxes. Klingklang is based on gears.

5. known members of its evolutionary line. is it an evolve form and/or pre-evolve form or a mega evolve form of one of your other pokemon or of an actual pokemon.

6. brief pokedex entry. ex. Dragonair. A mystical Pokémon that exudes a gentle aura. Has the ability to change climate conditions. Mew. Mew is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon. It is capable of making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people.

while I only require one of these in order to post, I would prefer if most were done. pictures or links to pictures would be welcomed. please no invincible pokemon. As far legendary pokemon, they are allowed but I encourage people to focus mor on regular pokemon. Also if you post your pokemon idea but come up with some more info on your creation, you can edit the post to add it. also look at others ideas and if your inclined, give feedback and perhaps some little ideas about the pokemon. remember to be polite. and give credit were it is due. and remember to have fun with it.

Last edited:
Here is a pokemon I thought up a long time ago.
Name: Pyrosus. Pokedex species: (TBD)
Type: Fire/Flying. Evolution Ponyta, Rapidash, Pyrosus, M.
based on the Pegasus, Slightly bigger then Rapidash, fames sprout from the sides of its back which forms into wings. the area around its flames, the lower part of its legs, it's horn, and a small strip on its for head is a light pink while the rest is cream colored. the fire of Pyrosus's mane and tail are thicker and are link together and with its wings by flaming fur on its back and can be seen flickering from its horn.
Pokedex description: Pyrosus. This evolved form of Rapidash uses its wings to increase its jumping abilities and then gliding. the flames of its body will not burn unless it wishes, keeps its rider pleasantly warm and helps keep him/her safe.

pokemon: Mega Pyrosus. Type: Fire/Fairy
skin turns from cream to light pink. It's fiery mane, tail, and wings that burn red, orange, yellow now includes all colors of the rainbow, and spirals around the horn which grew longer when Pyrosus mega evolves.
Pokedex alt description: Pyrosus. the flames will burn those it considers unworthy and pleasantly warm to those it favors and will keep them safe from falling and attacks. legend say a hero once protected a kingdom from invaders with hoards of dragon pokemon using a "Sacred Pyrosus that Ho-ho blessed with its mighty flames". While the description of Ho-ho's Pyrosus has caused most to believe its only myth, many now think it refers to mega Pyrosus.

Mega Ditto! This is all I want.
Also Mewthree, Mewtwo has been lording it around too long now, time to put that Primadona in her place.

Name:Sandwerm
Type: Ground-Dark
Pokédex species: Tapeworm Pokémon
Looks description: Tapeworm, with a long body, multiple mouths, etc.
Evolutions: It has 2 less strong forms that it evolves from.
Pokédex description: It thrives in deserts. It sneaks into the bodies of sleeping people and Pokémon and feeds off of food in their guts.

Pokémon: Twisand
Type: Ground-Flying
Pokédex species: Dust Devil Pokémon
Looks description: A twister of sand with faint eyes peering out.
Evolutions: N/A
Pokédex description: It causes dust storms and wreaks havoc wherever it goes. No one has ever seen it without a twister of sand.

Name: Polarcane (I can't do names :p)
Type: Ice/ Dark
Species: Polar Wolf
Appearance: DSC_0039.jpg Please have mercy on my poor drawing skills as I've always been a bad artist, and haven't drawn for a while. But it's essentially a large white dire wolf, with a black mane, and black fur on it's underbelly. It also has pale blue eyes, and 2 claws on each foot. The tail starts off white, then is covered in black fur once it starts to split in 2.
Base stats: HP:69, Att:110, Def:68, Sp Att:110, Sp Def:68, Sp:100, Total:525
Location: Anywhere cold in a region, mainly icy forests, but can be found in tundra and mountains.
Evo line: Cute wolf pup -> Level 20 Slightly larger wolf -> level 38 Polarcane
Pokedex entry: It won't hesitate to fight to the death against something that poses a threat to it's pack or territory, but has been found to help injured and lost people and pokemon survive the harsh conditions it lives in.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom