• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Your Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrebird

Goddess
Reaction score
Pokemon Teams:

@Lone_Garurumon - Justin whatever is last name is (Make one) - Cyndaquil is your starter,

@Flaze - Martin Soto - Oshawott is your starter

@Doctor Celebi - Renee Baskel - Fennekin is your starter

@MillanMcChillin - Miller (Make a last name) - Torchic is your starter

Me - Valerie Parker - Bulbasaur is the starter:

Me - Dave Larsson - Piplup is the starter

What's happening:

You're coming to Johto. You have your starter Pokemon and the plane is landing at New Bark Town. You need to go to the Pokemon Lab to get the code to unlock your Pokemon and to sign up for Trainer, Breeding comps, Coordinator or whatever Pokemon activity.

You can catch Pokemon only after Cherrygrove Town due to a storage of Pokeballs. You can't catch any shiny Pokemon, Legendaries or Psuedo Legendaries. The Pokemon you can catch must correspond to the Pokemon you can catch in HG/SS in routes and stuff.

The Time is: 12:20 PM.

Go Nuts :)

Last edited:
(So I changed the LOB in the sign-up and added in that last name you asked for)

Justin was sitting in his seat on the plane playing with the Pokeball that contained his new partner that he'd picked up before he left, a Cyndaquil he'd decided to name Marshal. He was stuck in his Pokeball for the time being though. It was fine though, the plane would be landing in a few minute and then Marshal would be free to stretch his legs. Justin snuck a packet of airline peanuts into the pocket of the jacket he was wearing, Marshal deserved a little snack when they got off.

Last edited:
Renee was having trouble staying still in her seat, as she was nearly bursting with excitement over heading to the Johto region and meeting the great Professor Elm, having the ball containing her future best friend unlocked, and being on an airplane in general. She took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down, she did not want to just sprint off to the Lab, she felt that she should take it slowly, and just enjoy the sights of New Bark Town. To pass the time she looked out the window, thinking about all of the adventures she and her Pokemon were going to have, all in their pursuit of... something, she had not really taken the time to think about what they were going to do yet. Renee took another breath, resting her head against the window, telling herself that the wait wouldn't last too much longer.

Last edited:
(Added in the last name in the sign up)

Miller was simply dozing off. The journey was long, and while Miller wanted to see the region as he flew by, the sleepless night he had earlier got the best of him. His hands gently caressed the Pokeball in his hands while he leaned against whoever was in the neighboring seat.

OoC: I've updated your starters to give you game starters. They are pretty fair and will give you more room to play with. Oh and for the hell of it, it is night. So I'll adjust the time

7:30pm

Valerie was looking at a few of the passengers on the plane. She was 17 year old and spent most of her time in Snowpoint City in Sinnoh. The sun was going to be a novel experience from her. She wasn't as pale as a ghost but she couldn't wait to add some color. A part of her wanted to know what her starter Pokemon was. The vivacious brunette who was wearing a pair of black business trousers, heels and a black blazer over a white blouse was reading a magazine on the sights of Johto. It was a big region in a nice cool, sunny weather.

Dave was listening to the airplane music. Well, kind of because he was fast asleep. There was only an hour left according to the flight map but that really didn't make a difference to him. He was sleeping and looked pretty uncomfortable. He was from the sunny shores of Lilycove City. The best beach city in the world. He had dark brown hair, greenish eyes and a buzz cut kind of haircut. He was wearing a white polo shirt and a pair of chinos for the hell of it.

8:45pm

The plane at finally landed and the passengers were finally let out into the airport. New Bark for town actually had a very a really big airport. The only problem was that Professor Elm's lab was closed until 10am in the morning but luckily for everyone there were a lot of hotels and restaurants still open.

"Hi!" A man greeted each of the budding Pokemon people. "This is a flyer for the Airport hotel!" At different times after they went through a long line at customs and getting. "Just go to the desk at the otherside of the large airport. Near the arrivals section. Have a great time in New Bark Town!"

The airport was very straightforward. There was shopping, free Wi-Fi, restaurants, bars and a lounge. The hotel was a very simple business like hotel for those weary businessmen. There was a underground train that took people to Cherrygrove Town and towards Tohjo City next to Tohjo Falls in Kanto.

Since you landed in New Bark Town and the lab isn't open. You can stay the night at the hotel in the airport or a hotel, motel or a hostel in the city. The airport is a lot more expensive while the city is cheaper but longer to get to. The night life is pretty businessy like. Couple of fast food joins, restaurants and bars. The Pokemon center doesn't house people anymore.

Now you can go nuts and have some fun.

Martin yawned as he arrived on the airport in Johto, his Oshawott, Raindrop sleeping on his shoulder as the two got off the plane. He was a bit nervous about being in a new region all on his own, but he was finally getting a chance to start his journey properly after so long, and he had to learn to do things himself too. "Yeah, this is how we start out," he said to himself, filling himself with determination...at least until he heard about the lab not being opened until tomorrow.

Now that he had to wait until tomorrow morning he really needed to find a place where he could sleep in the town. He could afford to stay at least one night on the airport thanks to all the money he was given to start with, but it wouldn't be wise to spend it all. "Gues we really need to start moving on our own huh buddy?" he asked th elittle oshawott who was looking around in curiosity.

Renee quickly made her way off the plane. Despite the flight taking much longer than she expected, and not being able to get to the Lab that day, she felt no need to complain, as she was finally in Johto! Her adventure was finally about to begin! After saying hello to the person handing out flyers, slowly going through customs, being redirected to different sections of the airport a few times, and almost losing her luggage, she was finally at the entrance. Despite being mildly irritated at how long that took, she quickly bounced back. NOW her adventure could finally begin! Quickly weighing her options, she decided that she could either spend most of her money sleeping at the airport, and get a good night's sleep, or she could go out and immediately see the sights of New Bark Town. Picking the latter as the better option, she excitedly sprinted out the doors, down the path to New Bark Town.

Miller groggily walked through the airport, accepting the flyer with a quiet "thank you." After collecting all of his luggage, he sat down at a nearby bench to make sure he had everything, and by that, he simply made sure he had the correct suitcase and everything inside, as he never had many things to begin with, just some clothes, a few pictures of his family, small knickknacks, money, and a small camera. Once that was settled, slightly less groggily than before, he decided to take a look at the flyer he received.

"Ah, this isn't so bad," he said to himself as he scanned everything, including the price, "It looks professional enough, I could definitely afford- wait a sec." He scanned the price again, this time noticing the two zeroes he skipped over. He frowned. "Whatever, I slept enough already."

Miller felt a hard lump in his pocket, his Pokeball. Not just anyone's, it was his and his alone. The very thought of finally having his own Pokemon made him ecstatic, distracting him from the present financial situation. He was Miller, and he had his own Pokemon like a real Rocket, not some chump who works at a Pokemart. Money made no difference, he was gonna make the most money ever!

The young lad later woke up amidst tons of burger wrappers in a local fast food restaurant.

Justin was positively ecstatic as he got off of the plane, he was in New Bark Town, and his future best friend's Pokeball was about to be unlocked and they'd go on an excellent adventure together. He didn't have to wait at the airport, considering he only had his backpack of belongings that he had with him on the plane, since his parents insisted that if he went on this journey, he'd be paying for it himself, and he only had the money he'd saved up from summer jobs and the like. Plus having a suitcase on a walking journey just seemed silly to him. Once he got out of the airport he made straight for the lab... Only to be sorely disappointed to discover it closed.
"Well, I guess that's fair... It is kinda late." He mused as he began to just casually wander through the streets. He didn't have a lot of money, he could probably afford to stay at that motel he saw a little while back. He popped in and got a key for the room he'd be sleeping in, before heading out to find somewhere to eat. He hadn't eaten since those peanuts on the plane.

Dave looked around. He wasn't the most narrow person out there. His mind would wander and it did as he checked out a lot of the stuff an airport from the food to the little monitor that showed all the planes that were arriving and what time they were expected to land. He looked at the flyer and immediately scrunched it up and threw it into the bin. There was no way he had that much money to spend on a classy joint. A motel or a hostel was probably his bet.

Dave walked out of the airport and immediately pulled out his phone. He wanted to see if it was possible to get a ride share in an app but alas it was too late to get one. "Damn," He muttered to himself. "Should have got one before I left. Now I'm gotta get a taxi or something." He looked at the costs for a taxi and immediately walked back. "Bus it."

The bus would take anyone pretty quickly to the center of the city and to the Pokemon Lab. It was a lot better than walking after a long trip but then again DVT was a major issue for anyone flying. So the attractive male decided to stop being lazy and hauled ass to the city. It was a peaceful walk, kind of dull though. There were sights and sounds but they were kind of a drag.

He found a motel, it was just for one night. "Hey" He walked up to the guy at the front desk. It was a stuffy kind of like motel. There were a few travel brochures and a small TV on the side. "I just need something cheap for the night. Something with a clean bed, windows and a hot shower. Do you guys have a room like that?"

After much back and forth, well actually little. The guy explained the rooms, and told the price. Dave paid for the room and took his stuff into the room. It was a pretty standard room. He had to pay for Wi-Fi which he didn't, there was a small, dinky little television, a small bathroom and a decent sized bed. "9:30? Man this day keeps on going and going. I gotta find something to do." He turned on the TV and watched an old classic movie on TV.

------------------------

Back when Val was at the airport. She looked at the flyer. "Oh this is something I would so do." Val picked up her luggage and immediately walked across the airport via a few travelators and then to the hotel. It was perfect for her. The floor was all clean, there were beautiful potted plants, piano music that played throughout the place giving it spectacular ambiance. She walked up to the front desk. "Room please." She stared at the guy at the front desk with those cold, blue eyes. They were beautiful but there was something sinister about them.

Val paid for the room and took the elevator to her room. A porter had her luggage and was going to carry it inside. This was the life for her. She had money and lots of it. She looked at her room, it was just a little smaller than she expected. There was an amazingly large shower with hanging towels, a large bed that was right front of a large big screen television. Val dumped her luggage and jumped on the bed. She picked up the phone.

"Room service"

"Hi," Val took off her boots and threw them on the ground. She rubbed her feet while talking. "Can I order a salad and I wouldn't mind a ice cream sundae and a bottle of wine. Oh my age?" She was younger than 18. "Well," but she had a plan. "I'm 18 years old of course" She pulled out a very impressive fake ID, it was practically perfect. "Room 66" She smirked as she hung up the phone.

"Suckers." She laughed softly to herself as she walked into the large bathroom. She took off her clothes and threw them on to the floor.

Renee stopped for a moment to catch her breath. She had finally made it to New Bark Town, specifically she found her way to Professor Elm's lab. As expected it was closed, but she still tried the door in a vain attempt to confirm its closing. After checking that it was, in fact, locked, she started to explore the city.

Despite the town's beauty at night, Renee could not really find much to do, most of the shops looked like they were getting ready to close, she was not hungry enough to go to a restaurant, she would probably immediately get kicked out of a bar due to her age. Still, she wandered around, enjoying the sights, at least moving around felt good after being trapped on the plane for so long. Eventually deciding to call it a night, she made her way to a hostel she saw near the lab. After checking in, showering, and storing her luggage, she made her way to the crowded room. The room was quiet, way too quiet, so she decided that the best thing to do was liven it up with some conversation. "So, what are all of you planning on doing tomorrow? I'm going to the Professor's lab and getting my Pokeball unlocked. I don't really know what I'll get, but I'm sure we'll be the best of friends. Speaking of which, do any of you know what time his lab opens? I want to be there as soon as I can. Eh, I'll just set my alarm for 9 A.M. and hope that'll be about right. By the way, does anybody have any ideas for what I could do after I head out? I haven't really thought of anything yet, I mean, fighting the Gym Leaders could be fun, but I'm not sure if I'm strong enough for that yet. Performing in Contests could also be interesting, but it could be really hard knowing which Pokemon I should use, which moves I should use, and when. I just don't know, so I'm completely open to any of your suggestions. By the way..."

Amidst all the glares she was getting from people trying to sleep, she continued talking for about another hour until finally dozing off.

Last edited:
Val smiled when she got her bottle of wine and a glass. "This is just perfect." She smiled to herself. She was dressed in a bathrobe lying down and watching some television while having a nice, giant ice cream sundae next to her. She raised the volume up on the TV to some music.

"This is the life." She laughed to herself.

---------------------------

The next day:

The Lab has been open since 9 am: However you need to take a ticket like the DMV or whatever and wait.

Dave looked at the time. "Oh shit..." He spent all night sleeping, absolutely hit by jet lag. He rolled off his bed and walked straight into bathroom to freshen up. He threw on some clothes and then immediately checked out. He hit up a cafe and quickly ordered something to eat, to take away. He looked at the time, it was 11 am in the morning. "Man, the lab is like open right now. Shit, shit shit. Man, I wasn't supposed to be this late."

Justin wasn't sure what time the lab was supposed to open, so he just had his alarm set to 9 am and winged it from there. He was unfortunately slowed down by the fact that he had absolutely no clue where anything was here, so by the time he'd had a shower, breakfast, and made it to the DMV station it was getting pretty close to 10. He dashed to buy a ticket and make it onto the DMV, only just making it onto the 10 am before it pulled out. He started playing around with Marshal's Pokeball,
"Not long now, then you'll be out of that ball and we'll be going on our adventure." He couldn't wait to reach the lab and actually meet his Pokemon.

About an hour later

"Number 32." The robotic voice called out Justin's number.

At the same time, Dave just walked in and pulled a ticket.

Renee was jolted awake by her alarm going off. She stretched and got out of bed, the hostel room seemed strangely empty. She found it weird, she had expected some people to be gone at around 9, but she was not expecting it to be deserted. Shrugging it off, she took a quick shower and got ready for the day. As she was walking out, she noticed a clock on the wall, and what she saw made her stomach drop. It was not 9 A.M., but much later instead. She had no idea what time the Lab opened, but she was pretty certain she was late. Almost dropping everything, she started sprinting like she never had before to where she remembered the Professor's Lab was. As she was running, she tried to figure out what happened, a question that was quickly answered by a quick check of her phone. She never set the clock to adjust to the time zone change. With a roll of her eyes, she put her phone away right as she burst through the doors of the Lab, and quickly got in line for a ticket. Looking at a clock, she saw that it was about 11:10.

Justin practically leaped out of his seat as he heard his number called out for the lab. He swung open the door, and winced a little as it slammed into the wall. Maybe a little too energetic there.
"Hey, Professor Elm? I'm here to register as a Pokemon trainer? I've already got my first one, but I need to register or his ball won't open." He said, holding up the Pokeball he'd been playing with for quite some time now.

Professor Elm looked stunned. "Well, ummm sure. Give me a minute." It took a couple of minutes and "Here you go." He hnaded the Pokeball to Justin.

"Remember take care of your Pokemon and don't let it out in the lab. Good luck"

Professor Elm looked stunned. "Well, ummm sure. Give me a minute." It took a couple of minutes and "Here you go." He hnaded the Pokeball to Justin.

"Remember take care of your Pokemon and don't let it out in the lab. Good luck"

Renee finally got her ticket and took a seat, despite being late, the wait would not be too unbearable, as there did not seem to be many people there. She was grinning at the Pokeball in her hands, it would not be long now, she would finally get to meet her starter Pokemon. Still, the excitement of getting her first Pokemon only lasted so long, and boredom quickly set in. She noticed that the room seemed a bit quiet, and that needed to be fixed. "So, anybody else have a Pokeball they can't open?" She asked out loud to nobody in particular. " I wonder what I'll get. Maybe it'll be a Water type, or an Electric type. OH! Maybe I'll get a Fire type! That'll be awesome! I could even..." She suddenly went quiet for a moment, remembering how strongly her parents enforced that she never play with fire, especially after the carpet incident. She shuddered at the memory of the scolding she received after that one. If she got a Fire type, it would need to be used responsibly, or at least not to an extent where her parents would find out. "So, anyone else have a type they hope they'll get?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom