• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Your least favorite Pokémon movies

Jewel the Quaxly

Duckies! :3
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I really, really, really don't understand what is so special about the DP movies. They're boring, bland, easily forgettable, and the plot is basically just an extended filler episode. I learn barely anything about the characters from the movies nor do I learn anything else about the main cast and the connectivity between the DP movie trilogy just confused me. It didn't feel like a carefully constructed story so much as a series of events barely strung together with a piece of thread. They had potential, but the pale compared to the likes of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew or pretty much any of the OS movies. Even I Choose You! alone was more enjoyable than the DP trilogy all together.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution. Why was there a need to remake the original movie much less in an ugly CGI format? If they wanted to go with a Mewtwo movie, it would have been so much more interesting had they done a reimagining of it taking place in their movie universe they’ve been using since I Choose You. At least then it could have played out differently enough to justify its existence without being a total retread.

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution. Why was there a need to remake the original movie much less in an ugly CGI format? If they wanted to go with a Mewtwo movie, it would have been so much more interesting had they done a reimagining of it taking place in their movie universe they’ve been using since I Choose You. At least then it could have played out differently enough to justify its existence without being a total retread.
Then they added insult to injury by cutting out the best part of the movie.

darksteel6

Reaction score
Then they added insult to injury by cutting out the best part of the movie.
Yeah CGI works fine for the likes of Disney/Pixar but hoo boy it does not work at all for anime, it just looks WRONG on so many levels it's not even funny, as far as remakes go it feels even more pointless then the Psycho remake(as at least that was accomplishing things that Hitchcock had wanted to do with the original film but was limited by the technology of the time)it feels like this film was created to make money first, it's got a soulless cash grab feel that i've not seen from any other Pokemon movies.

Blob

Reaction score
The stupid Keldeo movie. It was the last Pokémon movie I saw because it was just that bad. Hated how everyone in the Pokémon Center acts like it's a normal-a** Pokémon. I mean it's a freaking mythical, but no, Nurse Joy acts like it's as common as a Pidove.

Also hated how Kyurem could just... change forms by will randomly and everyone acts like that's normal too. Why would Kyurem want to swap forms? Shouldn't it want to go back to being the original dragon? Why is it limited to only using Reshiram OR Zekrom's powers even WITHOUT the DNA splicers? Literally nothing is explained!

The biggest problem with the movie is how much of a brat Keldeo was. Everyone acts like he's some poor kid that's being bullied, even though he was the one who STARTED the fight in the first place. No wonder his mentors told him not to fight Kyurem, since apparently they're weaker than Keldeo and got frozen in like 2 seconds.

Everything wrong with this movie is how indifferent everyone is to what's going around them. Suddenly Iris can drive a blimp and no-one asks any questions. It feels like everyone's about to say "That's just how it is" and move on. There was absolutely no growth for anyone, because of how indifferent everyone was throughout the movie. Keldeo started as a brat and ended as a brat. None of the rest of the cast did much and we got WAY more questions than answers.

Norzan

Reaction score
The stupid Keldeo movie. It was the last Pokémon movie I saw because it was just that bad. Hated how everyone in the Pokémon Center acts like it's a normal-a** Pokémon. I mean it's a freaking mythical, but no, Nurse Joy acts like it's as common as a Pidove.

Also hated how Kyurem could just... change forms by will randomly and everyone acts like that's normal too. Why would Kyurem want to swap forms? Shouldn't it want to go back to being the original dragon? Why is it limited to only using Reshiram OR Zekrom's powers even WITHOUT the DNA splicers? Literally nothing is explained!

The biggest problem with the movie is how much of a brat Keldeo was. Everyone acts like he's some poor kid that's being bullied, even though he was the one who STARTED the fight in the first place. No wonder his mentors told him not to fight Kyurem, since apparently they're weaker than Keldeo and got frozen in like 2 seconds.

Everything wrong with this movie is how indifferent everyone is to what's going around them. Suddenly Iris can drive a blimp and no-one asks any questions. It feels like everyone's about to say "That's just how it is" and move on. There was absolutely no growth for anyone, because of how indifferent everyone was throughout the movie. Keldeo started as a brat and ended as a brat. None of the rest of the cast did much and we got WAY more questions than answers.
I remember watching this movie several years ago and just thinking it just looked like a stretched out normal episode of the show. At no point it feels like an actual movie.

I'm mostly indifferent to the movies (and really the entire anime) but i like to watch them every now and then. But this one just felt off completely off in terms of being just a movie.

macho maniac

machoke is very precious ❤
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
this movie has already been mentioned like twice alrady in this thread so im not going to dwell too much on it, but yeah, i think the keldeo movie is the worst movie ive watched so far. i havent watched that many movies truth be told because my relationship with the pokeani is 'if its got my favorite pokemon im going to watch it', but the keldeo movie was just.... bland, boring, things happened and nobody questioned. i have no doubts in my mind that it was probably either made on a rush to meet some sort of deadline, or was meddled with by higher ups so much that its just a husk of what it was supposed to be.

its probably the n1 reason why i think the swords of justice are the worst legendary group. if theres one impression i got from that movie, its 'these guys are boring as hell.'

as a second place, i really dont get the genesect movie. im going to assume its just an alternate continuity, because to this day i cant wrap my head around the fact that theres apparently two mewtwos now. and also, it was just very boring as well. but at least not as boring as the keldeo movie.

ripplefieldz

#1 faba hater
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
as a second place, i really dont get the genesect movie. im going to assume its just an alternate continuity, because to this day i cant wrap my head around the fact that theres apparently two mewtwos now. and also, it was just very boring as well. but at least not as boring as the keldeo movie.
i mean, type:null's dex entry in pokemon sword mentions stolen research notes lead to one being created in galar, so it's entirely possible a similar situation happened with mewtwo.

Reaction score
My 5 Least Favorite:

#1) Hoopa and the Clash of Ages (The worst of all the films to me, here): What hasn't everyone said about this one before? Just...just the worst so far, IMO, completely uninspired with a random Legendary meet and greet free for all out of the blue-- and bland, forgettable, except for Hoopa which is just beyond annoying here.

#2) I Choose You!: Nostalgia pandering cash grab IMO, with two completely forgettable characters in place of Misty & Brock who will never show up again in an AU film. Sorrell and Verity are just not fleshed out that well at all, makes it hard to truly care for them much.

#3) Mewtwo Strikes Back- Evolution: See above, the CGI is very YMMV, but I didn't really care for it and much prefer the cel-shaded 2D look of the 1999 film. 3D is just not really my thing. Furthermore, as this film is predominantly about cloned Pokémon fighting against their originals, I had hoped that the character designers would rectify an issue of the original film and clearly distinguish between the two Pokémon. Unfortunately, they didn't. While initially, the cloned Pokémon have markings to indicate that they are indeed cloned, once the rest of the trainer’s Pokémon are taken and turned against them, they lack any distinguishing features to indicate I shouldn’t be rooting for them. I understand that this better illustrates the motifs of non-violence and differentiation in nature and nurture. However, I don’t believe they executed it effectively. All it does is cause many to be confused who is good and who is bad.

#4) Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction- Just very, very bland, and forgettable. Also the fashion dressing up scene with Serena & Bonnie comprising a film is just...ehhh, nothing inherently wrong with it, but felt pointless to include them trying on dresses. Also, the way Pikachu dies is very...strange, to say the least.

#5) Giratina and the Sky Warrior- Shaymin is just really, really annoying, and Brock does next to nothing in this film besides get sidelined. Zero is also very "MWHAHAHAHA" style generic to me, thinks he's so special only he can protect the Reverse World: shame, I actually kind of liked Newton Graceland his teacher.

Dishonorable mention: M13, mainly due to Zorua's "Meema" catchphrase

Top Bottom