• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your least favorite Pokémon movies

I don't like most of the movies after DP. They are either really bland or confusing. The Power of Us is probably the only movie post DP that I really like and I don't see why Ash needed to be in it.

The Victini movies could have been interesting if Iris had been more relevant to the plot since both she and the villain are very Native American coded. They even made two movies, why not let her be the focus in at least one of them? Instead we end up with a movie that almost feels a little racist?

I don't like the AU movies, why couldn't they just be set in the same universe as the regular anime? Why make a movie that is supposed to pander to the Genwunners but exclude Misty and Brock? Instead they replace them with a girl with no backstory and a guy who is just a reference to Kimba the White Lion??? Also Ash's dream sequence about Pokémon being fake is kind of trippy. In a way "I choose you" is interesting because it feels like a weird fever dream. Not sure if I would call it the worst but it is definitely the weirdest Pokémon movie ever created.
The only one I think was fairly good was The Power of Us of the AU triad, personally, I didn’t like the last Jungle one at all and like it better when it was called Entei mixed with Celebi while I Choose You just didn’t connect much with me personally (even in Japanese, though I’ll concede it was better, it just felt like a retelling of prior events without the original charm they had but with Verity and Sorrel in place of Brock and Misty).

I've never been a huge fan of any of the movies post Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, although I've still enjoyed parts of some of them to some degree.

The Kyurem/Keldeo movie especially stands out as what Pokémon movies can be at its worst: painfully bland and uninteresting. I've also never been big on the Manaphy movie for some reason, I just find it very boring for the most part. Also the less said about the Mewtwo remake the better, I didn't hate it or anything, but it's the definition of pointless and it's kind of mindboggling how it was made, with little to nothing changed or added over the original.

For a bit of controversy, I don't like any of the 3 AU movies if I'm honest and I never really understood their popularity within the fandom. I do appreciate that they tried something new for once, but I found the execution for them less than stellar.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom