• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your least favorite Shiny of your favorite Pokemon?

Creator of this Thread
Reaction score
THE OPPOSITE OF THE FIRST ONE!!!
Alolan Ninetails is one of my favorites because of its power and Snow Cloak pairing with Snow Warning mons (and access to Dark Pulse for some odd reason), but its shiny is just its regular form, but more purple. Waste of a shiny, Game Freak.

I love Cradily, but the fact that it got the generic "bright unpleasant magenta" shiny makes me a bit sad. :( Since shiny Lileep is the same shade of green as a regular Cradily, I've always been disappointed that shiny Cradily isn't closer to the dull purple of Lileep.

I also feel like shiny Torterra squandered its potential, what with the possibility of making its leaves be autumn-colored or something... but instead they opted for a palette that's just kind of washed out and boring. Meh.

I already don't like shinies much as it is, but the ones I really dislike from some of my favorite 'mons are:

Most eeveelutions aside from Eevee itself, Umbreon, and Sylveon. Leafeon and Glaceon don't really have a different color, they're just a bit darker and lighter respectively, which is really boring. Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon just look unfortunate in their shiny colors; especially Espeon and Jolteon, the green doesn't look good on them.

Jynx, Garchomp, Blaziken, and Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales are also similar with Leafeon and Glaceon in having just faded/lighter or darker coloring, so boring again.

Riolu/Lucario's shinies look ugly with that awful yellow.

Sneasel/Weavile with the bright pink and yellow combo don't mesh very well, also ugly and hurts my eyes.

Latias is just mostly bright yellow that also make my eyes bleed.

And poor Granbull just looks like someone shaved off it's purple fur.

Magmortar accidentaly drops a can of pink paint on itself while painting its house. Nothing against the pink color, but it just looks bad on this particular pokemon.

In general i don't like shinies, it's rare the one i actually like.

Creator of this Thread
I already don't like shinies much as it is, but the ones I really dislike from some of my favorite 'mons are:

Most eeveelutions aside from Eevee itself, Umbreon, and Sylveon. Leafeon and Glaceon don't really have a different color, they're just a bit darker and lighter respectively, which is really boring. Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon just look unfortunate in their shiny colors; especially Espeon and Jolteon, the green doesn't look good on them.
Except in XD, the cool effects it has are neat (pun intended)

Kyogre, Swampert, Vaporeon, Weavile and Kingdra come to mind, as I've never liked most pink/purple shinies.

Espeon.
I don't like its shades of green, wish someone will make the color lighter or change the tones...

its very cruel of gamefreak of giving like MOST of my favorite mons extremely cool or cute shinies (mew and mewtwo, hypno, gardevoir, lopunny, rayquaza, giratina...)

and then give the machop line whatever the hell that is.
thanks guys! i didnt want my favorite mons to have good shinies anywayyyyy......... /s

I like Mega Gengar a whole lot, of course, but I really disapprove of them having a white Shiny. Gengar is a shadow, not a bedsheet ghost. The white Shiny should be black. I'd genuinely take the muted grey shade of Shiny regular Gengar over the white of its Shiny powered-up forms.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom