• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your least favourite Pokemon and why you dislike them?

Honorable mentions go to the Regis because of the nightmares of my childhood they fueled with their horrifying anime cries from the Mystery of Mew movie. Especially Regice.
Am I the only person who find their cries hilarious?

Also, I hate Magmar. The thing is ugly as sin. It has a butt for a head and a duckbill. And it isn't really anything special so it could dissapear and I doubt I would notice and if I did notice I'd be glad.

budew because they are worthless pieces of garbage who take up a slot on your team and you think that someday they'll be a beautiful roserade and then they never gain a single bit of friendship and die after wasting your TMs and your hard work on grinding levels out of them.

Don't most games have you able to catch Roselia a little later on, anyway therefor making Budew's very existance obsolete?

I have a few that I merely dislike, kinda meh on, or absolutely loathe.

1. Chewtle. Seriously, Drednaw looks fine, but this thing's ugly as sin! I can draw a better Pokemon design than this! It looks like a water balloon attached to a shell with a weird face drawn on it! Turtles are supposed to be cute, not ugly!
2. Grimer and Muk. They're sentient piles of sludge. Not my thing. I do like Ash's Muk in the anime, though. That one at least had a fun personality.
3. The Chimchar line. I don't hate it, but I do think its kind of overrated. Plus, I just like Turtwig and Piplup better.
4. Bruxish. Also really ugly looking. It's like a fish got tye-dye poured all over it.
5. Blipbug. Orbeetle and Dottler are fine, but Blipbug is definitely one of the more uninspired early bug Pokemon designs. It just looks odd and kinda creepy looking. And its kinda useless in battle, too.
6. Diggersby. I'm so glad Clemont's Bunnelby never evolved in the anime, because I hate this thing. It doesn't help that the anime gave it a hillbilly voice in the English dub. Uuuuugh.
7. Aromatisse. Dear lord, this thing is revolting! I love Spritzee, but I never evolve it because Aromatisse is so overly furry and ugly by comparison.
8. The Binacle line. I'd like it a lot better if its face wasn't so stupid looking. Plus, it's horribly weak in battle.
9. Simipour. Out of all the elemental monkeys, this one has the least appealing design and is the weakest to me in terms of efficiency in battle. It's a shame, because Panpour is actually kind of adorable.

Don't most games have you able to catch Roselia a little later on, anyway therefor making Budew's very existance obsolete?
Well let's see.

- DPP: You can get Budew on Route 204. First time you can get Roselia itself is Route 212, which is a fair way's off.
- BW2: You can catch Roselia in Lostlorn Forest. You have to breed for Budew!
- XY: Budew's on Route 4, Roselia's on Route 7. It's pretty close in this case, might be worth holding off.
- SM: Roselia's an Island Scan Pokemon, and you again have to breed Budew.
- SS: Budew can be randomly found when you get to the Wild Area. But Roselia can be found wandering there too, and is in fact catchable right away with no badges!

So in its debut Budew might be worth using. If you can make it through, you'll end up with a Roselia with early training.

Though dang, that's a bit harsh about Budew above. Then again, I feel the same about Treecko: only stuck with it in an unofficial game. Unless you give it Bullet Seed it doesn't get any actual Grass moves for way too long. Though I don't hate the thing.

5. Blipbug. Orbeetle and Dottler are fine, but Blipbug is definitely one of the more uninspired early bug Pokemon designs. It just looks odd and kinda creepy looking. And its kinda useless in battle, too.
Creepy, I'll give you. Useless in battle, I won't. But then again, I evolved it pretty quickly so the only chance I had to use it was against early game Nickits.

Greedent looks way too cartoony for me to like its design. I get that it's designed by a westerner, but he made much better designs than that dumb Looney Tune-lookalike. However, this isn't the end of my hatred against this thing. When I try to get berries, I don't know when to stop shaking the tree, so that annoying squirrel swoops down and no matter the outcome, a group of berries will be unobtainable from that tree. I know Cherubi swoops down as well, but at least I didn't encounter Cherubi as much as Greedent. I know a lot of Galar Pokemon have a western feel, but at least none of them have a dumb look. When you make Bibarel look less cartoony in comparison, that's when you really messed up.

Last edited:
. When I try to get berries, I don't know when to stop shaking the tree, so that annoying squirrel swoops down and no matter the outcome, a group of berries will be unobtainable from that tree.

If some posts above gave advice, I may as well give one: Just shake the tree two times. I have avoided Greedent like 98% of the time.

If to be perfectly honest, I'm indifferent to most Pokemon, which is to say that I haven't ever felt the need to use them (I'm pretty sure that I speak for most people here). But there are three Pokemon that give me bad memories:

1. Arceus: If Game Freak had to explore a creation myth, I really don't think that a central deity was the way to go. Talk about ruining the mystery of the Pokemon world; the only upside is that they haven't proved that the myth is the truth (the Sinjoh Ruins only showed that Arceus could create its minions with the help of the Unown). Its movie portrayed it as the holier than thou diva it really is.

2. Complete Forme: It was given a rather derivative role in the anime just a year after the superior Mega Rayquaza had done more, and the fans wouldn't shut up about its hypothetical game. The design is a definite downgrade from snake Zygarde, too.

3. Ash-Greninja: Greninja was never a looker to begin with, but making it resemble Ash hardly helped. The whole Synchro shtick was pretty disturbing especially when limited to a single snowflake Pokemon, and reeked of favoritism more than giving Charizard an extra Mega Evolution ever did. I am not sure what the point was if Ash was meant to lose the league after all that hoopla. Merchandise, I guess.

Lickitung and Jynx. I don't hate many Pokemon, but these two are just too ugly for me.

finished said nuzlocke last night. Cynthia is cold-blooded. Only survivor was my Garchomp, who I stuffed full of rare candies.

Gengar, hands down. I've never really liked the Ghost-type much to begin with, especially due to the lack of decent Mons, though Gen IV did change that with Mons like Giratina and Drifblim. But one of the reasons why I hate Gengar is because it's so overrated. I get that it's the "first" Ghost Mon, but seriously, it just gets too much glory. It's design isn't even that great, either, as it's just so generic. Haunter was more creative than Gengar in that regard. On top of that, every time we get a new transformation gimmick, Gengar inevitably gets it, while more deserving Ghost Mons that really need it get shafted. It doesn't help that Gengar is a creator's pet to one of the high-ranking staff members of GF (forgot who), so, naturally, it will get more attention because of it. Honestly, Gengar has become the Elmira of Pokemon to me, as it's ALWAYS in our face and ALWAYS gets something good out of a new gen's gimmick. I just want it to go away and let other Ghost Mons that really need the attention to take center stage for a change. But, as stated before, Gengar is a creator's pet, so that's highly unlikely, as it'll almost always get some priority by GF's staff for the new "toys" that the Mons can play with no matter the gen.

The entire Lillipup line. They're easily THE laziest Pokemon out there in term of both design and lore - and it's seriously saying something with the likes of Voltorb or Dugtrio around. But as much as Voltorb is just a pokeball with eyes, designing it still required spending ten seconds to put those eyes on pokeball, and then some time to come up with lore for it. Lillipup's line... no. Just no. They... just picked up a photo of a terrier and decided "Yep, from now on that's a Pokemon", then quickly googled some info on yorkshire terriers, copypasted it into Pokedex and called it "lore". No other Pokemon, I repeat, NO OTHER Pokemon is that lazy. And no, it's not the same with many Normal types. They still get some interesting design elements, lore info, or at least evolution that clearly differentiates it from real life animals. Lillipup's evolution is... a terrier pup growing into an adult terrier.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom