• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your least favourite Pokemon and why you dislike them?

Well, for me sometimes it will change a little depending on my mood, and that's when I'll add different pokemon onto my list of dislike if I see them in the anime or something similar.

Right now, my all-time disliked pokemon is Eevee. It's just the way it sounds and acts gets on my nerves.

Charizard. It kind of hurts to write, but doing so makes me feel it's clearly true.

I used to like Charizard. I liked all the starters, at least for the first bunch of generations.

But since X and Y the ludicrous favoritism it's been getting has crushed all my goodwill towards it.

I don't really hate any Pokémon...but I could do with a lot less Charizard.

Least favorite: Gardevoir and Charizard. They're everywhere, they're pandered to far too frequently and quite frankly, I'm tired of them both.

The sad thing? I liked Gardevoir. But far too many rabid fans doing Rule 34 artwork has ruined it for me. =/

I think it’s a tie between Jynx and Mr. Mime. I really shouldn’t be one to bash a Pokémon due to its ugliness, but I personally just find them really ugly and gross with no redeeming features outside of their typings and pre-evolutions.

In my childhood I didn't dislike anything, but when I got Emerald Zubat really got in my nerves because of how it was in every cave. Then in Gen V I choose Hydreigon because it was hideous and disappointing, then Aromatisse because it was even more hideous and disappointing and then Alolan Golem because it was hideous and disappointing to a new degree. Gen 8 has a few disappointing creatures but thankfully not to the degree of those.

Durant, and also Kricketot and Kricketune
more due to the species its based on - those two insects (ants and cockroaches) seem to ruin everything I have saved, somehow find ways inside even when I have everything very sealed, an hour later they are inside, I have to waste food beaches of them
they are so annoying to get rid off
every time I see the Pokemon, they remind me of the pests

from the Pokemon I given a try before - Gardevoir and Gallade
like the typing, really dislike the designs

I don't really have a least favorite but I do vent a lot about the Pokemon, Eevee.

God, it's so overrated, everyone loves the damn fox... dog... fluff... thing. It's got mountains of fanart, constant pandering from Game Freak and Players ever since LGPE came out. The constant supply of Eevee creepypastas have stacked above the height of Lavender Town Tower, and those weird art of how the species is 'sick of evolving' when it's one and only purpose is to evolve into one of multiple types. God, my salt for this overrated fox-thing has boiled so much that I even dislike it's evolutions due to the sheer toxicity of it's entire fanbase. Overall, I do like Eevee. It's just that it's incredibly overrated.

A few I really dislike:

My absolute least favorite Pokemon is Bellossom. The rest of the Oddish line consists of my absolute favorite Pokemon, so it's a bit of a shame. It loses its poison type and becomes monotype grass, which I am reeeeeally not a fan of. Its design also doesn't feel like a smooth progression from Gloom like Vileplume does. Bellossom was also in USUM as an NPC, even though Oddish wasn't even catchable in those games, so I'm also super annoyed about that because Oddish is my favorite and I'm petty.

I also hate Thundurus, Landorus and whatever the last one was, because I think they're super hideous, and way too palette-swappy. The therian forms are a lot better, and I wish they looked like that from the get-go.

Then there's the Pokemon I dislike because I hate fighting them; like Lapras, Skuntank, and Bronzong.

I have a few that I have an absolute hatred for: Trapinch, Glalie, Dugtrio, Zubat, Graveler, Unfezant and Liepard. They all have one thing in common: Stopping the battle from becoming a smooth and fast experience when against the AI.

But if not counting towards battle experiences and simply in general, I will have to say Charizard, that stupid lizard got way too much attention, 90% of that attention wasn't even deserved in the first place. It's starting to feel like Charizard is not even a starter Pokemon at this point, which is a telling sign of too much favoritism, and you know how I absolutely hate favoritism in any video-game that has no lore-related reason to be there.

Hypno - not only is it creepy (especially its Dex entries), but it is also slow and can't hit hard.
Lumineon - has awful stats, shallow movepool, bland design and annoying cry.

I have like 3 least favorite Pokemon, but the main offender if Mewtwo. I hate how absolutely overrated it is, especially in the anime where it's gotten three movies and two special episodes (1 of which is like two hours long ffs). I never saw the appeal of Mewtwo even back in the Gen 1 days; to me the Frieza/cat fusion look is freaking hideous.

Sawk and Throh are the absolute worst and deserve to die in a fire. I can forgive most of the other humanoid Pokemon (though Gallade has a weird butt) but I simply despise Sawk and Throh.

For one, they look like muppets. I don't have anything against the Muppets but they should not be in Pokemon. For another, those gis are part of their skin! That is sick and wrong on so many levels!

I hate these freaking things so, so much!

Voltorb line was one of my disliked Pokemon because of its (okay but dated) design and utility. Even Vanillite line looks cooler and more usable than them.

Scyther. I never liked this thing. As a kid the idea of a giant bug terrified me, but I lost my fear of Scyther when I got older and back into Pokemon.

For the heck of it, I decided to do a Nuzlocke in SoulSilver. It was my first nuzlocke ever, I had only recently gotten back into Pokemon, and it was going well. Then along came Bugsy with his Level 17 Scyther.

My Pidgey, dead. My Rattata, dead. My Mareep, dead. My Ekans, dead. My Sentret actually somehow managed to take the Scyther out after I lost over half my team, but then died to poison from Metapod, when Scyther had Switched out. I barely managed to make it out of that fight with only my Chikorita standing, who evolved into a Bayleef after that. But it didn't matter, I quit that nuzlocke. Scyther glued itself as a horrible Pokemon in my mind, and I was done with it.

It certainly did not help when my ex (while we were dating), heard of my hatred and for giggles bred a competitive Scyther who he would use against me in our friendly battles. I hated that thing so much.

So that's why I hate Scyther.

Honorable mentions go to the Regis because of the nightmares of my childhood they fueled with their horrifying anime cries from the Mystery of Mew movie. Especially Regice.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom