• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your least favourite Pokémon of your favourite type?

My favourite type is Flying, and my least favourite Flying types are Vullaby and Mandibuzz. They're the only two Flying types that I don't really like. I think it's because of their humanlike elements - Vullaby's nappy, Mandibuzz's skirt and eyelashes, and the tufts of feathers on both their heads resembling hair. If they were just straight-up vulture Pokemon without those extra design elements, I probably would have liked them a lot more. Incorporating bones into their designs is quite clever but it could have been done in a more natural-looking way, perhaps in the form of armour or a weapon.

Dragon-type: Turtonator, Druddigon, Duraludon, Dracovish and Palkia

Dark-type: Alolan Persian, Alolan Muk and Mandibuzz

Ghost-type: Drifblim, Palossand and Blacephalon

Psychic-type: Hypno, Mr. Mime, Medicham, Claydol and Unown

Water-type: Starmie, Pelipper and Arctovish

My favorite type is definitely Rock, but I must admit that I’m not fond of Stonjourner. It looks like the people I used to draw when I was in kindergarten and had no concept of proportions.

An honorable mention goes out to Ghost, which I also like. Sableye just creeps me out because it looks like the little gremlin which I thought lived under my bed as a kid.

This will be very difficult, my favorite type is Ghost and I don't really dislike any, I literally had to search the list to pick one :ROFLMAO:. But if I have to choose I pick Palossand and Sandygast, like I say I don't really dislike them, but I think their design is very simple.

My second favorite type is psychic, and here the decision was much easier, my least favorite is Mewtwo, I'm not fan of its design but that's not the main reason, is because I found it annoying in the first movie. I know all its story but though I generally like villains I don't like Mewtwo or even the first movie, I know it's an unpopular opinion but you can't like everything.

Last edited:
Despite Grass being my favorite type, it wasn't hard finding a least favorite, instead being hard to choose one because ever since Alola games that GF has, in my opinion, being creating less interesting Grass Pkmn.

So, from Alola I HATE Fomantis and Lurantis because it looks like a bug, because it looks like coming from the 60's and because Lurantis' Dex entry makes it look like it's the best thing Grass type has and will ever have.

Less hated and more disliked are Tsareena and Steenee despite loving Bounsweet, which is a cutie. I can tolerate Steenee but Tsareena just looks like a w**** that can thrash someone who doesn't pay it.

Until the reveal of Galar's Grass starter, Rowlet's line was my least favorite. I can like Rowlet, I pass on Dartrix and Decidueye I just can't understand because it has too much stuff going on, from being a humanoid Pkmn with an archer theme but it's also some sort of necromancer but it also looks like a Robin Hood or coming from Assassin's Creed which doesn't match it's pre-evo's dandy style.

As for Tapu Bulu and Kartana: I didn't even bother catching the first (I'm sick of Pixie-like creatures) and the second one was caught and boxed since I hate UB.

Then IT came...Galar...oh boy: Grookey had potencial but it was wasted on yet again another humanoid Pkmn that ditched the lime green body to look just a gorilla on steroids that could fit in a Donkey Kong game, Super Mario or any other vivid Nintendo franchise but not Pkmn. Despite not being fond of apes, every Pkmn so far inspired or connected to it seemed better (and I was never very fond of milky Ambipom nor the simi trio besides Sage).
That flowery Pkmn line (I don't know the names nor I'll bother look it up)...the first seems a cross between Meloetta and Lilligant and the evolution seems like a fusion between Roselia and Jumpluff.
The apple dragons...*sigh*...no comments...Pkmn nowadays seems more like a cooking game than about Pocket Monsters, but hey, at least we can cook curry and be all kawaii with Alcreamie. Certainly, they're putting their effort in the right stuff (fyi, it's sarcasm).
Zarude: monkey villain from Powerpuff Girls mixed with Professor Simian from Gumball with the haircut form that Tekken old guy.
Calyrex: A-B-O-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N and laaaazy design but hey it's the supreme lord of the Pkmn world because it can tame creatures and speak.

Yup, had to vent out.

PS: oh yeah, I just remembered that the Alolan anchor Pkmn is also part Grass...thanks but no thanks, we had enough of it with Trevenant and Gourgeist, with both beeing better (note: Trevenant is a Dusclops rip-off, I guess James Turner was with a little bit of Masuda's "artist block")

Last edited:
TypePokemonPokemon
GhostDhelmise(no clue why its a grass type and not a steel type)Hoopa(anyone who has seen the movie gets annoyed when Hoopa says AlAy-HoOpA-rInG!
IceJynx(the lips I hate sooo much)Dewgong(nothing to have opinions on, it's just a "seel"[laughtrack]but still it just sucks)
PoisonEkans(just the word snake backwards nothing interesting here)Skuntank(good concept but the cry for it is just a fart and I hate it)
GrassAlolan Exeggutor(same case with Dhelmise, why is it a dragon type)Sawsbuck(it had the potential for different types for different seasons but nope. also, why is it a normal type, just make it pure grass)

Last edited:
TypePokemonPokemon
GhostDhelmise(no clue why its a grass type and not a water type)Hoopa(anyone who has seen the movie gets annoyed when Hoopa says AlAy-HoOpA-rInG!
IceJynx(the lips I hate sooo much)Dewgong(nothing to have opinions on, it's just a "seel"[laughtrack]but still it just sucks)
PoisonNihilego(same case with Dhelmise, no clue why it's a poison pokemon)Skuntank(good concept but the cry for it is just a fart and I hate it)
GrassAlolan Exeggutor(same case with Dhelmise and Nihilego, why is it a dragon type)Sawsbuck(it had the potential for different types for different seasons but nope. also, why is it a normal type, just make it pure grass)

Dhelmise is Grass because it’s a clump of haunted seaweed.

Nihilego is Poison because it’s a parasite that uses neurotoxins to influence its hosts.

As for Alolan Exeggutor, that one’s kind of a gag. While you could maybe draw a line between it and dracaena trees, Alolan Exeggutor doesn’t really resemble those - I think it’s probably just because the long trunk of palm trees in the context of a palm tree monster is vaguely reminiscent of a dragon’s neck, and because it’s just funny.

My favorite type is Fairy. My least favorite from the type is probably Aromatisse. It's just so ugly to me and was such a letdown for me back when XY first came out and I loved Spritzee. Klefki is also up there... it's just a key ring and I just don't like it.

Ghost is my favorite type, obvs. And the only Ghost type I dislike is Blacephalon. I dislike UBs as a whole so that's part of the reason.

Fighting: Crabominable. It's in the name. Shame too Ice/Fighting could have been a really cool typing (pun somewhat intended).
Steel: Wormadam. Sometimes I forget this one exists let alone that it has a Steel type form.
Water: Bruxish. I forget many one off Water types exist but I usually find myself remembering Bruxish for not so good reasons.

Mandibuzz is my least favorite Dark type, since it's ugly, a boring wall, and overall just a waste of potential that could have gone to a really cool vulture Pokémon. Although Morpeko does provide close competition, as it's not really any more creative the eighth time you do it and Electric/Dark is just too cool a type combination to be wasted on crap like this.

My favorite type is Dark, and my last favorite dark-type Pokémon is.... Guzzlord, a big nonsense crap thing. By Arceus, not even Darkrai could create a compareable horrendous dream.

Last edited:
My favourite type is dragon, it's kinda hard choosing a least favourite. I don't dislike any in particular tbh. Was gonna say Alola-Exeguttor but it's so ridiculous that's it's actually good or Turtonator but the anime warmed me up to him. If I really had to choose, I guess dracozolt? I don't hate it but it's kinda just there, Dracovish is too popular I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom