• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your LGPE Team

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Since these are Kanto based games with only the original 151 Pokémon available, there’s no reason we can’t start planning our teams already (barring version exclusives.) So, which Pokémon will make up your team for LGPE?

Here’s my (tentative) team idea:

-Eevee
-Bulbasaur
-Squirtle
-Nidoqueen
-Ninetales
-Dragonite

I personally prefer Bulbasaur and Squirtle over their evolved forms, so I’m keeping those. Unless I can ride atop a Venusaur, then Bulba is def evolving. I’m also keeping my fingers crossed that you can dress up the basic stage forms of the Kanto Starters alongside Pikachu and Eevee.

LGP:

-Pikachu
-Venusaur
-Charizard
-Blastoise
-Snorlax
-Lapras

Rotation:
-Eevee -> Espeon (if it becomes available later on)

I'll play through LGP as Red, mimic Red's team, and so on.

LGE:

-Eevee
-Magmar -> Magmortar (if it becomes available later on)
-Dewgong
-Clefable
-Gengar
-Dragonite

This game doesn't exactly have a main series feel to it for me, and seeing as I've played through Kanto before I may mix things up a bit. Keep some Pokémon unevolved, like you said. I don't have a full team idea yet, but I'm thinking of getting Let's Go Eevee.

At the moment I don't plan on getting the game, but, before the reveal, anticipating a Kanto return I thought of a funny team to use.

- Dugtrio
- Magneton
- Exeggutor
- Dodrio
- Weezing
- Slowbro

Basically Pokemon with a bunch of different heads/faces. Slowbro doesn't fit the theme exactly, but it kinda works.

I’ve played through Kanto so many times I don’t even know what to use this time. I don’t typically like reusing Pokémon but I might have to.

Probably not gonna use any starters. Haven’t decided yet whether I wanna keep Pikachu/Eevee on my team.

Gosh, this will be difficult. Restricting me to the 151 is horrible. I’m at least hoping that when Masuda said “mostly 151” that might include evolutions of things. Please?

Currently thinking Victreebel cuz I’ve never used one. Maybe Onix as well.

I’ve played through Kanto so many times I don’t even know what to use this time. I don’t typically like reusing Pokémon but I might have to.

Probably not gonna use any starters. Haven’t decided yet whether I wanna keep Pikachu/Eevee on my team.

Gosh, this will be difficult. Restricting me to the 151 is horrible. I’m at least hoping that when Masuda said “mostly 151” that might include evolutions of things. Please?

Currently thinking Victreebel cuz I’ve never used one. Maybe Onix as well.

Box your starter for a Caterpie and go through with Butterfree lol

Box your starter for a Caterpie and go through with Butterfree lol
My dumb ass almost asked why :confused:

Nah, I’ve used Butterfree plenty of times, and I’m Sun I finally bred myself a perfect shiny Butterfree, so I think I’m kinda Butterfree’d out for now.

Say, we know that these games will have version exclusives, right? Any ideas which ones will be exclusive? Cuz I can see 2 ways going about it... either they use the same exclusives as red and blue, or pikachu uses yellow’s exclusives and Eevee gets the stuff you can’t get in yellow... idk, I guess that makes a difference as to what Pokémon I use and what version/starter I go with.

My dumb ass almost asked why :confused:

Nah, I’ve used Butterfree plenty of times, and I’m Sun I finally bred myself a perfect shiny Butterfree, so I think I’m kinda Butterfree’d out for now.

Say, we know that these games will have version exclusives, right? Any ideas which ones will be exclusive? Cuz I can see 2 ways going about it... either they use the same exclusives as red and blue, or pikachu uses yellow’s exclusives and Eevee gets the stuff you can’t get in yellow... idk, I guess that makes a difference as to what Pokémon I use and what version/starter I go with.

We have no idea unfortunately which sucks because my idea for a LGE team depends on being able to get Magmar which is historically a version exclusive.

I've no idea honestly. I've played through Kanto at least 3 times already, yet at the same time there's still a lot of Pokemon I've not used yet. I guess I'll try to use things I haven't used before, but chances are that I'll wing it as I go along.

But as much as I'm sick of them, I'll probably use the Kanto starters since they're available and I've never used a team with multiple starters. I guess I'll put Bulbasaur and/or Squirtle on the LGP team since Pikachu is weak to ground.

I guess versions exclusives will also play apart in what I choose as well, so I'll have to wait to see that happens with that too.

Limiting myself to one team wrecks my enjoyment of the games, but I know I need a Bulbasaur. I only ever used one Alolan form in the previous games so an Alolan Raticate and Muk would be fun, and having one of each Ninetales sounds interesting...

I'll mostly try to use my favourites and my decisions also depend on whether or not Alolan forms are post-game exclusive...
I'll most probably get LGE instead of LGP since having a Pikachu and Raichunin the same team would be weird and I don’t want to box my starter.

LGE If Alolan Forms are Available In Main Game:
1. Raichu
A Wild Pikachu evolved into Raichu.
2. Eevee
My starter Eevee. Hopefully it has some boosts for battling.
3. Charizard
My favourite Kanto starter.
4. Alolan Ninetales
One of my favourite Alolan forms.
5. Alolan Marowak
One of my favourite Alolan forms.
6. Dragonair with an Eviolite/Dragonite (Preferably Shiny Dragonair)

Also considering the idea of using Wartortle, and Gengar in rotation.

LGE If Alolan Forms are not available in Main game:
1. Raichu
2. Eevee
3. Charizard
4. Wartortle (I like Wartortle more than Blastoise)
5. Gengar
6. Dragonair/Dragonite (Preferably Shiny Dragonair)

With Ivysaur and the Abra line in rotation.

LGE
  1. Eevee (Does this count as a Party mon?)
  2. Bulbasaur > Venusaur
  3. Cleffa > Clefable
  4. Meowth > Persian
  5. Snorlax
  6. Jynx
  7. (Gastly > Gengar)
I would rotate in the Abra and Onix line though.

LGP:

1. Pikachu (The starter)
2. Poliwrath (Was planning to use one in my USUM team, but i never got the chance)
3. Onix (Never actually used one and i think now is the time, especially since you can ride one)
4. Tauros (Favorite Kanto mon and thus i want it on my team)
5. Dodrio (Its so long i actually used one)
6. My sixth capture depends on the version exclusives.

I'll probably go with these teams.

LGE:
1. Eevee (Starter)
2. Alola Ninetales
3. Venusaur
4. Rapidash
5. Seadra
6. Pidgeot

LGP:
1. Pikachu
2. Charizard
3. Vaporeon
4. Vileplume
5. Butterfree
6. Wigglytuff

I’m planning to get LGP and I think my party members may be:
  • Pikachu
  • Charizard/Arcanine
  • Venusaur/Vileplume
  • Blastoise/Starmie
  • Clefable
  • Nidoqueen

I am not getting either game, but I feel like sharing my team idea:

Eevee (if it has a decent niche), Rapidash, Vileplume, Lapras, Hitmonlee, Electabuzz

I'm of multiple minds and can't seem to come to a single team. For now here are some ideas I've been kicking around. In all teams I think I'm basically gonna drop the original Eevee and end up catching a new one to evolve. Anyway here are my thoughts.

Team 1
Flareon
Venusaur
Clefable
Onix
Scyther
Cloyster

Team 2
Jolteon
Nidoqueen
Clefable
Poliwrath
Arcanine
Scyther

Team 3
Vaporeon
Nidoqueen
Clefable
Magneton
Arcanine
Alolan Persian

These are of course tentative and maybe these teams will mash together at some point to make on super team. Idk. for now these are just thoughts. They all have some kind of weakness of some kind, but I have to make some decisions. I suppose it depends on whether I'm willing to use placeholder Pokemon for some of the gyms

Hello, New here.
Well, for my team, I was thinking of making a Pokemon Red base team with these guys:
1. Pikachu (Lightning) (Lonely Nature)
2. Charizard (Blaze) (Hasty Nature)
3. Alolan Exeggutor (Treegon) (Quiet Nature)
4. Kingler (King) (Adamant Nature)
5. Butterfree (Haruna) (Timid Nature)
6. Alolan Ninetales (Aurora) (Modest Nature)

I sure hope the moves Liquidation, Hone Claws, and Iron Tail return in Let's Go, as do abilities.
It would make using this guys even more fun.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom