• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your LGPE Team

Assuming that GameFreak does more in the next 3 months to win me over, then my tentative team for LGE would probably be:

-Eevee
-Victreebel
-Golem
-Clefable
-(Kanto) Ninetales
-Lapras

I may substitute Lapras for Slowbro if Mega Stones for the original 151 end up being available postgame.

Okay, so since I found out the games aren't going to be gender-locked, I've decided to come up with new teams.

LGP:
Pikachu
Venusaur
Rapidash
Lapras
Mew
Pidgeot

LGE:
Eevee
Alola Ninetales
Blastoise
Charizard
Vileplume
Clefable

So with the new Info today, I actually re-did my team, with some minor tweaks here and there:
1. Pikachu -Starter, and the main star of my team
2. Charizard -Favorite Fire type before it was popular
3. Victreebel -OK, I know its LGE exclusive, but I have 25 Bellsprout's in GO to send over, so its fine
4. Poliwrath -The Adventure mange really made it look cool, so I gotta try it out!
5. Butterfree -I like butterflies, and the way they change reminds me of Pokemon evolution
6. Alolan Vulpix (Ninetales if we get Ice Stone in game) -Never used it, favorite Alolan form, and I will deff use my first hatched Alolan Vulpix for this!

Probably will use:
-Nidoking
-Rapidash or Arcanine
-Some Water type I haven't used a lot before?

And not sure what else really yet. Probably gonna make it up as I go along.

Since Let's go have Gym requirement, I'm going to pick different teams for each Gyms
Against Brock:
  • Pikachu
  • Oddish
  • Nidoran
  • Mankey (Original in Yellow)
Against Misty:
  • Pikachu
  • Bulbasaur
  • Gloom
Against Lt. Surge
  • Geodude
  • Sandshrew
  • Pikachu (If they make me use a pikachu, like in the anime)
Against Erika
  • Pidgeotto
  • Growlithe
  • Charmeleon
  • Ivysaur
Against Koga
  • Dragonair
  • Alakazam (If I find someone to trade to help kadabra evolve online)
  • Blastoise
  • Charizard
  • Rhyhorn
Against Sabrina
  • Gengar (If I find someone to link trade to help Haunter evolve online)
  • Snorlax
  • Dragonair
  • Charizard
  • Blastiose
Against Blaine
  • Blastoise
  • Lapras
  • Rhydon
  • Dragonair
Against Giovanni
  • Venusaur
  • Blastoise
  • Lapras
  • Dragonair
Final Team Against the Elite Four and Champion
  • Pikachu
  • Venusaur
  • Charizard
  • Blastoise
  • Dragonite/Snorlax
  • Lapras
These are my team for far, I don't know the level requirement, or more yet, but for type requirement, this what I got.

Pikachu (Starter)
Arcanine (How can I not we can ride it it looked so cool)
Mew (pokeplus)
Vileplume (always wanted to use it but never did)
Alolan Muk (Sabrina O_O must be taken down and I htached one in GO so I just need to get to fuschia)
Seadra (another I always wanted to use but never did)

I've thought about my teams and I think I finally have a solid idea on what to use for each game. I might change a few things, but this is what I have thus far.

My Let's Go Pikachu team will be Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Vaporeon, Alola Muk and Sandslash. My Let's Go Eevee team will be Eevee, Clefable, Victreebel, Arcanine, Blastoise and Dragonite. I might put Blastoise in my Let's Go Pikachu team just to have all three starters on my team again, Sandslash could change into a different Pokemon and I'm still not too positive on Dragonite either, but this is the general basis of my teams thus far. There are a few Pokemon that I want to try out for the first time, but I also have plenty of favorites to use again simply because I wouldn't want to pass on them.

I don't know how I'll get Alola Muk, but I do have plenty that I can transfer from Pokemon Go if getting the Alola forms in the games is saved for a pretty late stage in the game. I know that Growlithe is exclusive to Let's Go Pikachu, but I can either get someone to trade with me or transfer one of the Growlithe I have from Pokemon Go. Fire types are ridiculously common in my area, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm not concerned about the Gym requirements either, mainly because I don't think we know how those work exactly. I can easily just show up with a specific type of Pokemon that isn't in my party, show it to challenge the Gym and then go back to the Pokemon Center to change back into my normal team before battling the trainers inside the Gym.

Hidden Mew said:
then go back to the Pokemon Center to change back into my normal team before battling the trainers inside the Gym.
Not needed because there's a mobile PC that lets you access your storage from anywhere.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Nidoking is literally the only guaranteed team member for me. Everything else is up in the air.

We have no idea unfortunately which sucks because my idea for a LGE team depends on being able to get Magmar which is historically a version exclusive.
Could always just try to transfer one from GO. Would even let you get it slightly earlier I think.

I am most likely not buying a Switch for this game LOL.

But hypothetically, if I were planning a team for LGPE, it would be something like this:

- Pikachu
- Charizard
- Gyarados
- Pidgeot
- Alola Sandslash
- Haunter

I am most likely not buying a Switch for this game LOL.

But hypothetically, if I were planning a team for LGPE, it would be something like this:

- Pikachu
- Charizard
- Gyarados
- Pidgeot
- Alola Sandslash
- Haunter

Might as well bro, it's the next system for the next generation or two of Pokemon games, in addition, it's got other great titles like Pokken, BotW, Mario Kart 8, and you can get cool ass colorful joycons which I'm such a sucker for unique touches like that, I just got an XB1 myself and couldn't resist getting a custom Xbox controller made too lol

I plan to slowly catch my team throughout the game (I may transfer some from Go) but I'll be getting LG Eevee so my team will consist of

Arcanine - Charizard has always been my fire type of choice when it comes to gen 1 so I want to do something different and use Arcanine. I'll probably have to go without an Extreme speed version but it's definitely still worth using!

Alakazam - one of my favorite Psychic types to use in the games and with the limited choice of Gen 1, this is an easy pick for me :D

Gyarados - My all time favorite water type has to be used! I was tempted by lapras though, purely because of how nice it looks to ride on its back.

Dragonite - Still my all time favorite Pokémon and with Pokémon following you and being able to ride them again, how could I not pick Dragonite!

Eevee - No choice since it's the version I'm getting. If only I could evolve it into Umbreon, then I would be over the moon with joy.

Venusaur - I almost never use grass types so this will be a good and fun change :)

So I was told that we would have enough money to get a Switch before this game comes out, meaning that I'll essentially be picking it up. I've planned out this team, though I may change my mind:

m6a2jhnthuCu-czeYh4GvdCpLzCRoaGBDqkFXrsPot2xHL_0iUWuItzhOL7TwDlM70A8Lk_Dt2oIB0iRixBJuQGZ4NaKL7kglCH-GeQ-hPm5O9nP5Ps6qMpN5OrQex4Vp2Kyw1XF
9Whagt3GNKjtdS32p7q1-fqBFoMvwkmmg2tPJ0xIDqZpGgsSKRlWCmH6JpEtW6QZZcsLh1FAJyRJqudIy4lJYUpPAeaF_SHApc7ECbKLNr1oVAdN393rgpDoMaxV8K2PzagL8wJA
YFMYkSnzov2RWfqZpVqAq3AFvcqveoj1Frjz6B_UC4hfOogZKEVVlU7MkPIE1CfsEfCf22o_CU6MIuX1NA-opjnlAwOsCxsTxkSsaIC6r8QeUixih84ZZg2sw3g8cByC9pKqBJdv
WoBpb0-rs4T2t6keMYU5pRqoPYp7SB_AmliUmDGVbDUJA5Ph5RDQ_5D8U2cvXlYvcPMp5wleEvuduwItI9Ue4dOx6PvubJfp-nZGZOZwzsUj1IpOuuuVxXxTSaQY5outT0ADbfod
hBc7HZ0ZO2UELMBqYBndocw11GeaVOD8aVOz152k50Ab1vwZ1ZqyysUUT1XQiq39s3NX7zGxC9UJRKztnsAg3opbzDN_KJRkx4izqzj_kmNG4aSdzqV3gFBIhqzZ9eBhY2tYsHCx
0USQ5b9rSrgPTWeUMDxbrDVpmx9NJWfFKQr4VveFYHuPWtaeLWiCsYiQEHvqBcFrVpPkjd1ldaeZJKDl16ZuUw1mErNz62unLyfEQTTAxhfnpYGjL_vMXan5EPihFSxKUNDWX7uG

• Flareon [Aveh] - Will replace my starter Eevee, because I can't stand not evolving the Pokemon whose entire concept is evolution. Flareon is my favorite of the original three Eeveelutions.

• Charizard [Bahamut] - I've never actually used a Charizard before, as I previously had tradition of choosing Grass-types only. So I'll give it a shot here. Don't care about the redundancy with it and Flareon. It's part Flying anyway, so it's meant to fill that slot. Also, I love Mega Charizard Y.

• Ivysaur [Vivi] - Not Venusaur, no. Ivysaur. My favorite of the Kanto starters. I don't plan on evolving it, don't like Venusaur. Plus, it's to honor that how I've chosen Bulbasaur as my Kanto starter in the past.

• Sandslash [Kislev] - I just think Sandslash is cool. Always been a little favorite of mine I've never tried out.

• Magneton - Same as Sandslash. Except I did want to try something outside of my comfort zone by using a more mechanical object-based Pokemon. That Steel-type will also be of great use.

• Dewgong - Dewgong has always been a nice, cute Pokemon. One of those Gen I designs that randomly has a horn and I love it. I feel it just gets forgotten a lot, so I want to give it some love here.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I realize that Nidoking is literally the only guaranteed team member for me. Everything else is up in the air.

Could always just try to transfer one from GO. Would even let you get it slightly earlier I think.

I have an irrational pet peeve where I want all my in-game teams to have my OT, I'm thinking that Pokemon transferred from GO will retain some sort of identifier/OT from GO that will distinguish it from Pokemon caught in LG, but I could also see it resetting it entirely to your OT in LG since the Pokemon never existed in a main series game prior to the transfer? I'm not really sure how that works, but I will find a way as per usual.

I'm still debating on getting Let's Go (I probably will) so I'm on two minds for my team.

If LGP: Alola anti team
A-Exeggutor
A-Muk
A-Ninetales
A-Marowak
A-Dugtrio
A-Raichu/A-Golem

If LGE - generic/Standard
starter eevee
Gyrados
Dragonite
Charizard
A-exeggutor
A-ninetales

With mega between Gyrados and Charizard X

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom