• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your lowest moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
So what, to you, is your lowest moment?

Mine was a year after we had our first cat put down. I was feeling a bit down all day and was quite snappy to people. Later on my sister brought it up and asked me if I missed the cat. "I don't care" was my reply. While I didn't mean it, it was a complete insult to my cat's memory and I still feel bad about it to this day.

The entire year I was 13 years old. I don't know what it was about that year that made pretty much everybody make fun of me, and for incredibly childish and immature reasons as well. My grades were very poor as well, and I was just so frustrated with everything. I would never in a million years go back to that point in my life or any time before it.

However, something good did come out of it; I developed a thick skin because of it. Now almost nothing offends me, and I tend to take many things in stride as a result.

When I was 11. We had just moved back to the U.S and weren't exactly well off in terms of finances. In school I'd get picked on for little reason besides possibly that I 'look white' or am Hispanic and 'look/act/talk white'. I don't know, I just know that things didn't pick up until mid 2005 and I moved to where I live now. I was starting to develop some mental problems too.

tl;dr version: 2004 - Worst year ever.

2005 I think or was it 2006? I had no friends then, nothing to do and was miles away from anyone really as we live in a place thats secluded away from places, until our family moved here, I never knew it existed. I could not get about anywhere cause I could not drive and felt depressed and it got worse by each passing day. (It happened between June-August) but by end of August I was feeling better as I knew I had to start school again and at least then I would have to meet people. I never was good with people then, but better now and thats more why I felt bad, was not able to pick up phone and chat to people, but glad I got over that now.

This week- I was at Sylvan doing math assistance (I go once a week) and I had to correct some parts in one of the questions I did last week. Okay, correcting a question- fine with me, but when I got onto the next question and didn't understand what I had to do, I asked the teacher for help and rather than go through the question with me so that I could have a better understanding of how to do it, she tells me to look at examples of prior similar questions. WHAT THE FUCK??!! You're supposed to be helping me!

Math Assistance = Math Help! Not Math Assistance = Half assed shitty tutoring! I just wanted to fucking cry the minute she told me to do that! Even worse, I've been placed with this tutor for the past 2-3 months! Worse than that, I can't remember half of the stuff they were supposed to teach me and when I was in Grade 10/11, they were giving me 5th grade math to do!

My 17/18 year old math tutor school was far better at helping me with math in Grade 11 and my mom only had to pay her $15 a month (that was the payment the tutor asked for)

Pretty much the entire time when I was in fourth/fifth grade counts as this. During that time, I was separated in a diffrent class from pretty much everyone else I had any sort of relationship with. and not only that, my teacher was nasty. Now, I'm autistic, and it excuses pretty much all of the 'problems' I had in school.

Like for example, say if she was teaching a lesson on adding fractions. I didn't understand a part, so I raised my hand and asked her to please run throught that part again. She says no and that I should've been listening better and that in middle school, my teachers aren't going to stop and let me ask questions. Well, my Algebra I teacher, heck, my Pre-Algebra teacher is willing to stop and help me understand whatever they're talking about better.

So overall, fourth and first grade were frustrating. -_-;;;

All I know is that it was from when I started middle school until before summer 08.

High School... changed schools, hung out with some questionable people, just barely got by with my grades. I'm paying for it now, having to take so many damn math and Science prerequisites in college because I can't test into the higher classes.

Moral of the story is; don't f*** off in school kids, cause you really will regret it later.

Getting blamed for taking alcohol to school.

My principal didn't like me, but eventually I was proven to be innocent. It was still a very bad day, and a friend became an enemy.

October 1997 to early November 1998. That was easily the worst time in my life.

In late October of '97, my then boyfriend admitted that he had cheated on me. I was devastated, but thought that maybe, just maybe we could work things out between us.

God, I was naive. If I had known then what I know now...

We couldn't work it out. At all. In fact, we couldn't even remain friends; something major had changed between us, destroying any chance of us remaining friendly. We could barely speak to each other civilly and mostly fought. Worse, my soon-to-be ex blamed me for everything, even though I had been fighting like hell to work things out between us. At one point I had even suggested couples counseling. He refused to go and had the audacity to say I needed to quit bothering him about stuff that "was in the past". This was only a few months after the incident had happened.

He didn't want to deal with it and tried to sweep it under the rug. In effect, he tried to turn me into the villain. And it worked: A few of my former friends still think this whole messy break-up was my fault. I had done something to him.

We stopped speaking to each other in early November of 1998. That was easily the best thing that happened to me during that entire year. Since I wasn't speaking to him, I was able to move on with my life.

I wouldn't want to relive that part of my past, but if I could ever leave a message to myself, I would. I'd let my past self know that things might be dark then, but it will get better. And it did. The saying "It's always darkest before the dawn" may be completely cornball, but it's very, very true.

Seventh grade. It was the last week of school and it was one of the three full days in the week. [Here, we get 3 normal school days and two half days in middle & elementary. High school gets the whole week as early dismissal.] I come home having a perfectly normal day and I'm looking for my cat. So I go to my mom and I said "Where's Shadow?" [Shadow was my cat. :(] She said that earlier in the day, he had been throwing up blood and had to be put to sleep. And then I was just so sad because he was my first cat and I just loved him so much.

The day after that kinda sucked too. I was talking to my best friend who I've known since kindergarden [we didn't go to the same school, but we had seen each other at the store & stuff. we didn't start talking until first grade.] and she said that I looked sad. And then I told her the story and she made me feel a bit better, but yeah. I still have pictures of that cat too. They're in my scrapbook. =[

When I once beat up my sister for losing something very important to me. It was a gem that i really liked and she lost it so i beat her up for it but after i saw her cry i felt very sad and i thought, what kinda monster am i ? I love my sis way more then a stupid gem. I vowed after that i would never lay a hand on her again. (And i havent)

When people, including my older brother keep harrassing me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom