• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Your Masters Teams!

My go-to team is Serena/Delphox, Dawn/Torterra, and Gloria/Zacian. I swap them out for specialized fights, but they can handle quite a few things. They're also a slow team (lots of building energy), which suits my reaction speed.

I have several teams saved for the sole purpose of Daily Regional Rotation:
Kanto - Giovanni EX, SS Leaf EX and SS Blue EX
Strat: Try to lower defenses (particularly Sp Def) with Leaf's Razor Leaf and Giovanni's Psychic, then it's time for a Giovanni nuke! Blue for gauge acceleration.

Johto - SS Ethan EX, SS Lyra EX and SS Kris EX
I use this for offtype Champion Stadium clears too!
Strat: Set Rain and Terrain, have Lyra flinch everyone while Kris sets Ethan up for Aeroblast OHKOs (and 2HKOs for centre I guess)

Hoenn - Brendan EX, Maxie EX and Phoebe
Strat: Pheobe buffs crit and then provides gauge support. Brendan and Maxie buff their offenses and then with Speeding Sun goes full-on dual striker until the enemies are done.

Hoenn Team 2 - May EX, Archie and Roxanne
Strat: Roxanne buffs Sp Atk and Speed, May uses her Trainer Move in tandem with Dire Rain from grid to deal big damage, but not as much as Archie! Stage clear!

Sinnoh - Cyrus EX, Lucas EX, SSR Cynthia EX
Strat: Lucas sets Dragon Zone for Cyrus. Cynthia's just here for extra offensive pressure with gaugeless Shadow Force. If it were a stage that required more than a daily battle but rather a Battle Challenge or something, I'd swap her out for a Support.

Unova - Anniversary N EX, Caitlin and SS Elesa EX
Strat: Elesa buffs Sp Atk, syncs, then accelerates sync with Trainer Move. N debuffs Sp Def and hits hard with Blue Flare, plus has Move gauge Accel. Caitlyn is only here because it's a Psychic-weak stage.

Kalos - Sycamore, SS Serena EX and Lysandre EX
The 3 Kalos Legendaries!
Strat: Lysandre reduces countdown to get Serena to sync ASAP, while Sycamore tanks, heals and supports gauge.

Alola - Anniversary Lillie EX, SS Lusamine EX and Kiawe
Strat: Kiawe buffs speed gradually, but really it's just simple: buff Lillie and Lusamine with Trainer moves and sync with Lusamine.

Galar - Raihan EX, Gloria and Hop
Strat: Hop for buffing Gloria's crit and Attack, Raihan obliterates the sides in one hit and then syncs after Gloria whittles down Sirfetch'd with Play Rough.

I also have a reliable Battle Villa team: SS Ethan EX, Leaf EX and Sycamore.
Strat: Since Ethan can reliably recover MP, he's perfect for this! Leaf mostly just Tackles and then syncs the first opportunity, maybe scoring flinches with Staggering in the process. Sycamore has reliable Horn Leech recovery, main reason he's here.

All other stages just use teams optimized (by myself, not by the game's terrible "Optimize" feature) to the task, never consistent.

• Staff
My go-to team is Serena/Delphox, Dawn/Torterra, and Gloria/Zacian. I swap them out for specialized fights, but they can handle quite a few things. They're also a slow team (lots of building energy), which suits my reaction speed.
That sounds like a fun gang of friends!

Might as well share my teams:

IMG-6914.PNG

Team Sabotageshipping: My main team, and my team of blorbos. I love them very much. (and yes they're all at max stars/EX if applicable. EX Winona someday
Team Obligatory Red: Pretty good for Fire weakness events! Blaine is a good babysitter.
Team Dream: Psychics doing Psychic... things. Liza and Sabrina are just feeding Will's ego.
Team... Flying?: Blue tries to fit in with the Flying type trainers. #2 will surprise you.
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds: A very good Trapped+Badly Poisoned setup. Great for event stuff.
Green Team: Grass types. They get along.
Hau do you do: They're trying their very best

“Sycamore/Xerneas, EX Charizard/Red, final destination:wynaut:

But yeah, I find myself putting these two on just about every team, ESPECIALLY Xerneas. I’m trying to work more on my strategies though as well as leveling up other unit and upgrading them, because I’m absolutely terrible at the champion stadium. I often use Maxie, Archie, EX Silver, EX Cyrus, Serena/Delphox and Renegade Cynthia. Additionally, EX Zinnia, Sygna Suit Elesa, and Rosa/Serperior are typical party members along with Giovanni/Mewtwo (sadly, I was too busy to get him to EX) Gloria/Zacian and Sawyer. I’m also trying to use Looker because all that poisoning is working out great!

My typical strategy is just replaying stages that I’m too underleveled for until I get in a lucky hit, lol. I’m really impressed by how well planned y’all teams are!

I use Elio, May (Swampert) and Siebold for anything water weak. Siebold's sync grid is crazy, what with the Sync Burst and his trainer move giving him three guaranteed critical hit sync moves. Elio quickly maxes out Special Attack and May throws on the Rain multiplier and activates Racing Rain so that there's gauge for Sparkling Aria. The biggest problem for the team is that no one boosts defenses so the odds of surviving long enough to use all three sync moves are not high.

Honorable mention goes to Hop, Gladion, and [insert physical sync pair of correct typing here]. The free physical tank goes well with the physical attacking multitool, and their Rival Theme Skill overlaps so I can say this largely gameplay based pairing has some thematic cohesion.

My squad consists of SST Red EX, NC Marnie, and SS Blue EX or Sycamore. Basically (At least in Sycamore's case), max out stats from Gentlemanly Geomancy, then just do loads of damage with B Volt Tackle and B Fiery Wrath or Regular Fiery Wrath. Throw in a Max Move from SS Red or a sync from Marnie that hits all foes, then you'll do fine, at least from my experience. I managed to clear some tough bosses and stuff with them pretty handily. In SS Blue's case, well... I haven't formed quite the combo yet, but he's a really good support, providing Endurance for SS Red and himself when Mega Evolved, while Marnie covers that with her TM. Overall, a solid team with some of my favorite characters.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom