• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Opinion On "Cheaters"

But say for example someone enters one of these tournaments with six Pokémon with perfect IVs, EVs and moves, that they bred and raised themselves.

Is that still unfair or would getting beaten be okay, even though you wouldn't know the difference?

But say for example someone enters one of these tournaments with six Pokémon with perfect IVs, EVs and moves, that they bred and raised themselves.

Is that still unfair or would getting beaten be okay, even though you wouldn't know the difference?

There's a vast difference between putting in that effort and cheating to get them. If someone's willing to go that far to get legit perfect Pokemon without abusing game flaws or cheating, then they've pretty much earned their wins. That takes a lot of time and dedication to pull off, much like time spent practicing in shooter games for tournaments. (*sigh* I miss my UT2K4 days now.)

Back when I was a total noob at Diamond, I always cheated on it, to the point where I messed around with the tweaking glitch thanks to the walk through walls code and had to reset my game.

Now, I only use cheats for only annoyance things (ex: 50000 coins), and that's it.

I saw that u can hack I wanted to know if u could give me some free Pokemon for soul silver? Or any one else I just need some Pokemon for soul silver

I think we can all say we have cheated at some point and if we haven't we would jump at the chance!
I like to catch every pokemon obtainable in the game and at least complete the region pokedex.
So I only cheat for other wise impossible to get pokemon for example I have white version.
The only pokemon I needed to complete my pokedex were vullaby,mandibuzz and tornadus.
I had got the other pokemon that were only in black via the GTS.
Due to the fact I never saw these pokemon I couldn't get them in the GTS so I cheated.
I think you should be aloud to cheat to get pokemon you can't.
I don't think you should be allowed to walk through walls or find shiny pokemon all the time.
One thing which really bothers me is that when your on the GTS you always find some smart guy asking for a zekrom level nine and under! If I could get a zekrom level nine and under do you think I would want the pokemon you have!?
This just gave me an idea I'm going to get my action replay and give them one because I'm not sure if there being an ass or being serious! So I'm telling all of you people who have AR you get a level nine and under legendary and you give it to one of them pranksters!

I used an Action Replay twice for Mystery Dungeon games and once it was only because my friend let borrow his and I felt bad if I didn't use it. Besides that, I haven't used a cheating device. (unless you count using the clone glitch)
I'm not a big fan of cheating and hacking myself, I prefer completing the game the honest way ;the way the game creators intended. But if you want to cheat, I don't really care. It's your game, as long as it doesn't effect me in anyway, I'm fine with it.

No. Cheating is bad. Bad bad bad. No no no.
I don't do it. I don't want or need legendaries, I just pick my faves, pop 'em in my party, and enjoy myself.

I never cheated, and am not planning to ever. Personally I don't mind cheaters, since it's their game and I don't see why they can do what ever they like with them. You wouldn't want somebody else bossing you around on how to play something you bought with your own money...then again, sometimes I do get a tad bit ticked when I battle somebody who's Pokemon is obviously overpowered or any of the sort[or anything you can only get via cheating].

Overall, I don't mind. As long as they don't rub it in my face.

I think its your game and your choice, i like to beat the game till the credits the regular way, then i use the action replay to fill up my p'dex

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with cheating unless you use it to get items or pokemon for competitive battling. Then it's just unfair. I played through Platinum until I had almost nothing left and then I started hacking because I was bored. It gets fun, I'll admit. Usually, I'll play the actual game through normally, but I'll get a ROM for hacking. I'll have so much fun with 3rd Gen games.

In terms of cheating, the most I've ever done is get rare candies because it's harder to train in some games(Gold/Silver and the remakes are the worst about this. I should not still be fighting level 40s at Mt. Silver) and some pokemon level up really slow(like my Aggron in Emerald); and to get certain pokemon that hard to get: Feebas. Oh God, Feebas. Thank you Game Freak more making it easier to catch and evolve in B/W, Spiritomb, and pokemon that only evolve by trade(I grew up in a town where Pokemon was "uncool" so I had no one to trade. Thankfully, my little cousin is old enough to play Pokemon and we trade with each other now).

I don't have a problem with cheaters in general. I'm a cheater myself and not just in Pokemon. I've used a few "light" cheats in other games to make it more fun and I'm still able to challenge myself by just setting the difficulty level higher. Then there are some games that are so hard you have to cheat to beat it; I luckily haven't had to play any games like that so far, but I have seen many stories on TV Tropes about games like Contra and its infamous "Konami Code". Still, I try to use as less cheats as possible because I feel full out cheating to the point of hacking a game takes all the fun out of it, but I don't bash cheaters because like I said, I'm one myself and it's their choice. It's not like I play in tournaments anyway where some anger is justified.

Cheating for legal things:OK
Hacking for illegal things:No.

When you use glitches, devices, programs and other help to get some things that takes an excess amount of real time and patience that you don't have to obtain, but are all still legal, it's all hunky-dory.

When you use these tools to make the impossible happen, or create things that are legal in coding only(but not in organized play), those are when the line has been crossed.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom