• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Opinion On "Cheaters"

Benster404

Reaction score
I, myself am what some people would call a "cheater", i use an action replay. Judge me!

But what i'm wondering is, what does the community think of us "cheaters"? I personally only use codes for finding pokémon that are just to complicated to catch. And i never use any codes for shiny pokémon or to affect the game so i have a large advantage.

So what are your opinons. Are you a "cheater" as well and if so, how and why do you "cheat"?

I use AR/ Action Replay! So I can catch the legendary event pokemon. Also, Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo.

In my opinion, playing through the game and collecting Pokemon without an AR is preferable, but it's your game. You can do what you want with it. Personally I dont cheat to get Pokemon or get through the game, to me cheating takes all the fun and enjoyment out of the game and defeats the entire purpose of it.

I only cheats at the very start of the game so i can have more interesting pokemon to use throughout the game. And post game to give me something to do. I never use them during the main story line

It depends on what you use it for.

I keep it to money and alternative payment methods. Never Pokémon, or unavailable items.

I only use an action replay for getting events I miss, decreasing the number of steps to hatch an egg, and to change the season occasionally because i simply dont have that much time on my hands. Unless you are doing the 999x rare candies, all items, full pokédex, etc, i see nothing wrong with it

I always play through once without cheats. But then when I play through again, I'll use cheats.

I think they're lame and shouldn't be allowed to play Pokémon.

If it's available for you to use, take advantage of it. This is franchise is very competitive-heavy, so take advantage of what ever tools are available to you. Me, I play "organically", no cheats for me.

Last edited:
I only use money cheats when i need em. The rest of the time I do it normal style. Sometimes I switch over my pokemon to another game and use cheats like "catch trainer Pokemon" when I'm bored. And then, I'll corrupt my own save file so I don't get tempted to trade the trainer Pokemon to my other games.

I only use hacked Pokemon on the Battle Subway and the like, and even then it's just because of how hilarious an obvious hack like shiny Sturdy Shedinja in a Cherish Ball is. The easy BP doesn't hurt either

Personally I don't like cheating and would never do it. I don't really mind people who cheat a little as long as their cheating doesn't affect me. I despise people who get 900 of every item and level 100 Pokémon from the start of the game though. Just, Ugh.

I used an action replay for the sole purpose of cloning. I had a trade shop awhile back and made it public knowledge, and whenever someone traded me a shiny I would clone it so I could keep a copy of it for myself. Same went for event mons and legends, and anything else I wanted to keep. I don't think it's a big deal really, unless you're hacking shinies and trading them to people without their knowledge.

I also cloned items so I could have enough Lucky Eggs for all my mons, but that's basically the same thing.

I have never cheated, not even for event Mons that I missed out on. I like the feeling of catching Pokemon in a legit manner.

But if someone doesn't want to waste time breeding countless eggs for their preferred natures, why should they? If they don't want to deal with using multiple games to get all Mons, why should they? I think cheating is fine as long as the Pokemon's set is legal and has been publicly released.

play through the game first and then only use it to all the items. after i catch my first shiny of the game i use it make them shiny and then trade them, but i never keep cheated pokemon, i also coppy pokemon and trade those off too. I never use it to go through walls and get hms early, i also dont use the ivs cheats and stuff.

I only used cheats after I beat the game, the games main storylines, and ect aftermath of the conclusion of the Elite 4. A brother ain't doing that painful trade and migrate. I only use the clone cheat and money cheat. Sometimes the Pokemon Modifier cheat.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom