• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Opinion on the new Season 12 Opening

Do you like the new Season 12 opening?

• Total voters
Reaction score
To be frank, it's the greatest thing I've seen in quite a while, yet again it was kinda rushed, maybe due to the pace of the music. Overall it's good.

What are your opinions?

I just recently had the chance to play through it in slow motion (DVRs are great). It's amazing how much they crammed into that brief 30 seconds. I also hope later episodes will have a true widescreen version-a lot of those shots seem awfully tight and crowded in 4:3.

The song's great only the opening was super rushed they cut in many places and made it short (But since the song was 30 seconds I believe they could have done better).

I love it so much, I love TPCi now. I wish they could of shown everyone in the one scene with May and Misty. And I'm hoping for a full version. TPCi must of been listening to us b/c they removed the annoying ending.

Um... okay I'll say it. Can someone post a video, because I have never been this confused for a song.

The opening, as posted by Meron in the "Lonely Snover" thread.

The only real problem with it was it thre in the shots of the twerps and their Pokémon watching Pikachu and Piplup wrestle, the shot of Ash and Dawn fighting their rivals, and the shot of the supporting cast in a few seconds, so you have to pause to even catch anything, and you're still missing so much... what's the point of including the rivals if you're not going to have Paul's face or including the supporting characters without Misty, Gary, and most of May? I'd much prefer they simply use that time to just focus on the rivals shot, as that's the most relevant.

Oh, and it's lame how the only one of Ash's Pokémon that didn't keep its "attack the camera" moment was Gliscor. :p

But these are seriously minor complants. I mean, we haven't had a real good opening both music-wise and visual-wise since season freaking 7, except for maybe season 11, and even that was full of quickly-out-of-date weirdness like Cacnea appearing and presenting Ash's team (minus Pikachu) as Turtwig, Staravia, Chimchar, and Aipom.

I like the amount of information they got into such a short amount of time; it feels like such a tribute to DP. I've already found a fan opening on YouTube that's better, but still, this is certainly better than what we had to put up with the first few episodes of this season. And it's just so refreshing to get a dub opening that compliments in original counterpart to such an extent after all these years of crappy openings.

Not to mention it's nice how they went and used the High Touch clips and removed the Pokémon cries after the fandom collectively complained about it. Now to respond to complaints about CN not airing the eps in widescreen and not leaving the score untouched!

I have to admit, I definitely wasn't thrilled with the scene of all the recurring characters--the fact that they didn't show Misty or Gary at all and they barely showed half of May's face, wtf? And it seemed too rushed. But aside from that it was fine. At least they used scenes from High Touch at all.

I mean, it could have been way better...but it was a pretty big improvement over the original one, which was just an embarrassment.

Last edited:
Its an improvement, that is for sure. I think this is about on par if just a little below with the 4kids openings.

I think it needed some slow scenes to balance out the fast ones.

The song itself is nice. Im glad they used High Touch, this one is much better than the old one.

But I do agree that it was rushed. The random pic of Tracey/Proffessor Oak/half of May's face really wasnt necessary.

I don't get why they just get rid of some scenes and let some scene go with better flow I mean..I felt like I'm Fast Forward it. However I'm glad that they use Japanese opening!

Until they can actually make an opening with a good song, it'll be sub par at best.

I can not believe that they added an extra hunter J scene but left out Paul,Misty and May(most of her).

They could have done much better.
But hey. It doesn't make me want to turn the channel when it comes on, ahaha. The horrible thing in the other one at the end was so bad. ugh, the Pokemon cries. I couldn't stand that, so I'm happy they got rid of that.

AND YAY. they used quite a few scenes from High Touch. ...But I'd have to agree with Dana ..about the shot of the group. ..WTF. MAY'S FACE?! They showed fricken Oak, Max, Tracey ..but not May, Misty and Gary? D: that disappointed me. But eh,
TEAM GALACTIC. ..they got a very short part of their amazing scene, but I can't complain. aha. the three of the commanders look sexy as ever, and Cyrus even got his .second cameo ..aha.

But yeah. It beats the other one by far. But it could have been better, way better. It's too rushed ...and THAT GROUP SCENE. ugh. D:
lolol

Okay who the fuck gave Pusa the right to fuck up High Touch?

Okay who the fuck gave Pusa the right to fuck up High Touch?

The people who demanded for high touch scenes and complained about the first version despite knowing PUSA is well known for using their own songs, not the most brilliant at making good themes and seems to always make them short. Honestly in the end the better question is what were the fans expecting while demanding high touch scenes knowing all the past history?

Personally I find it okay. Like the song and the clips. From what I have seen on youtube it's better than the first attempt at least. I'm satisfied.

Last edited:
Still not that great but an improvement over their original attempt. I have to give TPCI kudos for taking time to remake it. That impressed me. Though I suppose it was an obvious mistake NOT to use High Touch clips in the first place.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom