• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your original ruby and sapphire teams

Wow, can't believe people remember their original teams so well. 2003 was 11 years and X^Y saves ago. I know I had a blaziken and castform. I might of had a pelipper.

My original eh...
Sceptile
Swellow
Ninetales
Absol
And the other two that I don't remember.

I don't completely remember what all I used. Sapphire was my first Pokemon game, and I literally used over 20 Pokemon iirc. As a little kid, I just caught everything I could that was interesting to me and I used them all, at least a little bit. But, if we're talking about the team we actually used at the Pokemon League, I don't quite remember. I know for sure I had Swampert, Hariyama, and I think Pelipper too. Not sure about the rest.

Now, I actually have a good deal of the Pokemon I used in Sapphire on Y version now, including my Swampert, my first starter and pokemon ever.

My RSE teams were all pretty similar. They almost always consisted of Sceptile/Swampert, Swellow, Glalie, and Heracross.

The last two spots varied between Gyarados, Raichu, Alakazam, Crobat, Mightyena, or one of the box-art legendarys.

well, definitely Swampert (always my favourite Hoenn starter, and most often used on runs)
but I also tended to catch whatever caught my interest

and I remember catching a Poochyean, naming it Jack (don't ask me why) and discovering it was a girl. Oops. I guess

I'm fairly certain I also had a Beautifly, though I doubt I used that all the way to the end

Shroomish possibly, I know I've used a Breloom

Problem is that I restarted the game so often (often before E4, or if I hadn't played for like a month or 2) that I can't remember exactly what Pokémon I used on the first run (if at all XD)

My original Ruby team had Swampert, Pelipper, Mawile, Breloom, Electrode, and Groudon at some point.

My Sapphire team had Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mightyena, and Skarmory at some point. There may have been a Magneton, as well.

Pretty sure my Emerald team had Swampert, Manectric, Gardevoir, Swellow, Torkoal, and... maybe an HM slave? Don't remember the sixth member.

I only extensively played Emerald, but from what I remember...

Sceptile
Aggron (shiny)
Ninetales
Seaking
Swellow
Mightyena

I currently have that Aggron on my X and she's lv. 90 now. I regret not putting her through Super Training first though, her nature is really good (Brave). >_<

My ruby team was: Blaziken, Minun, Delcatty (that was a Skitty for a long time because I didn't know it used a moon stone), Tropius, Gyarados, and Groudon.

Emerald: Swampert, Plusle, Flygon, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel.

Sapphire: I don't remember everyone, but here are the few that stayed in my head. Chimecho, shiny Bellosom, Ludicolo?,

From Gen III I only played Emerald, around 2007.
-Swampert (Mate)
-Altaria(Pajaro)
-Phanpy(Colas)
-Beautifly (Hermosa)
-Gardevoir (Linda)

Yes, only 5 Pokemon. Swampert and Altaria got transferred to Fire Red, but that cartridge stopped working so they died. The other 3 are still in emerald, around level 89.

(Ruby)
Swampert
Breloom
Gardevoir
Ninjask
Manetric
Aggron

(Sapphire)
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Manectric
Swellow
Banette
Flygon

(Emerald)
Sceptile
Gardevoir
Heracross
Skarmory
Camerupt, latter Houndoom
Sharpedo, latter Milotic

My personal favorite is my Emerald team. I find it funny that Gardevoir is on every team but hey she gets stuff done.

Ruby was one of my first games ever (I think only following firered and colosseum).

I had:
Sceptile (Scept)
Swellow (Tali)
Aggron (Aggro)
Milotic (Mimi)
Claydol
Lanturn (Luno)

The names are whatever, I was in middle school. I need to reassemble this team, they're scattered across time and space through various levels of transfers. I think Scept and Mimi are the only ones that made it to X currently.

I also did another file, with a different starter this time.

Blaziken (Ruzha)
Breloom (Uaithne)
Manectric (Xanthe)
Crobat (Porfirio)
Azumarill (Aoi)
And... I don't remember the last one. I wanna say either Exploud or Wynaut...

I recently found my old Gameboy and several older Pokemon games during a cleaning fit.
So I started Sapphire for the first time in a decade, super excited!

...To find my main team was a level 100 Blaziken and a level 76 Kyogre. And a bunch of HM slaves. I was that kid. Oops.

Looking back at it, my original R/S team was a little off (no wonder it took me years to defeat the elite four lol)

1.Sceptile
2.Pelipper
3.Electrode
4.Starmie
5.Bellossom
6.Bannette

I'll definitely be changing it for ORAS

Oh, crap, like I can remember!

Blaziken, yes. Manectric was definitely in there. I captured an Absol and a Tropius, but I don't remember whether I kept them about. I know I discarded Furret somewhen around Lilycove. Flygon, I used a lot. Held onto Relicanth. I'm going to hazard a guess at...

Blaziken
Manectric
Flygon
Relicanth
Absol
Groudon

My first playthrough of Sapphire was the last time I had the "one or two overleveled Pokémon, four/five Pokémon at level 20 or lower", so it was a bit all over the place. I had two core Pokémon:
- Swampert
- Wailord

Plus a revolving cast of extras that were mostly acquired long after I beat the game:
- Vileplume
- Medicham
- Crobat
- Exploud
- Flygon
- Tropius
- Latias
- Walrein
- Salamence

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that stuck out to me.

My main team was Swampert, Gardevoir, Mawile, Absol, Altaria and Manectric. All of which have ended up with mega evolutions now.

I also had a bunch of others including Linoone, Delcatty, Breloom and Zangoose for contests and varying my team. I actually spent a ridiculous amount of time raising stats for the contests.

Considering I restarted Ruby many times due to not knowing you could send off the cartridge and get the berry glitch fixed, this might not be entirely accurate.

Sceptile
Minun
Gardevoir
Walrein
Banette
Pelipper (I think?)

Sapphire was even worse because I restarted that every time I got bored. The only thing I remember from all those times was that I always started with a Mudkip named Muddy and that's it.

Ruby
Sceptile
Swellow
Azumarill
Raichu
Alakazam
Wobbufet

Emerald
Sceptile
Swellow
Azumarill
Ludicolo
Linoone
Mightyena

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom