• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Your own Pokemon gags

Reaction score
We all know the Anime has given us running gags that tend to get old as they run themselves into the ground (LOL get it?) but what gags, be they one-off or running within an episode, would you put in yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Dr. Zager having his helicopter destroyed every episode he's in... Oh, wait!

Last edited:
Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Well...I...uh...fuck, there's just no beating that.

I'd like a Pokemon on the main cast who's always left behind at the end of each episode. A lot of episodes already will have a Pokemon suddenly dissapear without ever showing them return (in the Ligray episode, I believe, we see Hatoboh hit by an attack and then he's just...gone), so it'd be nice to see this incorporated as a joke.

Reaction score
I always kind of wish we had a girl version of Brock. A female who flirted with every male COTD would have been funny, not to mention the double standards of seeing a girl "put herself out" toward every guy on the show.

BURN ALL THE THINGS
Reaction score
I would put in Cilan's brothers calling him (via the map or something, I don't know, maybe Cilan would have an Xtransciever) all the time to hound him about something at the gym or to complain.

"Cilan, Chili set the kitchen on fire!" "NOT ON PURPOSE!" "......can you two work it out or something we're really busy being trapped by Team Rocket and I don't have time for this."

I am the Aqua Rabbit.
Reaction score
Iris gets her hair caught on something. Everytime she walks, runs, or jumps away, she gets yanked back. Hard.

Last edited:
The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
TR breaks the fourth wall in front of Ash who complains that the concept of breaking the fourth wall is LCD and makes no sense because how can someone realize they are fictional if they don't have conscious thought. Later Ash after the episode announces a contest or upcoming event. Iris points out the "Hypocrisy" of Ash breaking the fourth wall. Ash then yells at her on how it is different because it serves purpose and is outside the context of the episode and therefore is less pretentious.

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Iris using her hair as unlimited storage. May or may not be used as a mode of transportation.
Axew has a furnished little house in there and everything.

Why hasn't this been done yet?!

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
A recurring trainer constantly complaining about Ash commanding his Pokemon to use a move that's not its highest stat during a battle.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
This gap's might be suitable for older Ash-
-(1) Because of His clueless & Dense Personality , Ash gain a ability to say some word with Such a Passion that It cause All other Girl around him ''Blush & Nosebleed'' ! Something he does this with boys too
However , He doesn't know's why this happen .
Like Lo from Acchi Kocchi !
-(2)Because of his Dense Personality , Ash also say this thing that Cause's Girl to Misunderstand it as a Confession
Example :
Tsundere Rival : Why , Why Do you care so much ! I treat you horribly & I mock you all the time So why do you always try to help me ?
Ash :Because I like you !
Tsundere Rival : WHAT , WHY , Why do like me for ? I'm not someone for you to ......... ! Just Why did you say this !
Ash : Why shouldn't I ! You are a awesome trainer & you are so Cool ! And Although you act like you don't care but you always come to help us ! Also by mocking us , you actually help us ! And you love Pokemon so Much ! Their no reason for Me & Pikachu to Dislike you ! I bet everyone gonna like you if they saw how kind you are !
Tsundere Rival : Wait , What Kind of ''Like'' you're talking about !
Ash : Is there another type of ''Like'' ?
So how do you guys like !

Last edited:
why
Reaction score
A female Whimsicott pulling pranks on Ash & Friends in order to get attention from Pikachu.

Iris pulling Cilan's ear if he is in another Connoiseur mood.

70% Critical Hit Rate
Reaction score
-(1) Because of His clueless & Dense Personality , Ash gain a ability to say some word with Such a Passion that It cause All other Girl around him ''Blush & Nosebleed'' ! Something he does this with boys too
-(2)Because of his Dense Personality , Ash also say this thing that Cause's Girl to Misunderstand it as a Confession
Example :
Tsundere Rival : Why , Why Do you care so much ! I treat you horribly & I mock you all the time So why do you always try to help me ?
Tsundere Rival : WHAT , WHY , Why do like me for ? I'm not someone for you to ......... ! Just Why did you say this !
Ash : Why shouldn't I ! You are a awesome trainer & you are so Cool ! And Although you act like you don't care but you always come to help us ! Also by mocking us , you actually help us ! And you love Pokemon so Much ! Their no reason for Me & Pikachu to Dislike you ! I bet everyone gonna like you if they saw how kind you are !
The latter scenario will unfortunately never happen because, as so many people have pointed out to me, Ash is eternally 10 years old and will never start liking girls.
(Plus, I don't like the idea of him & anyone but Misty as a couple.)

As far as running gags go, how about a character in the background quasi-breaking the fourth wall like Cilan does in Movie 14 ("It's not very effective"). I LOLed for 20 minutes when he said that. (Then again, my sense of humor is kinda wierd.)

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Ash and Iris nosebleed and/or kill themselves after witnessing Cilan crossdressing again.

Cilan thinks of an alternate use of his cooking equipment, eg. frying pan as a drying pan, saucepan as a helmet, etc.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Example :
The latter scenario will unfortunately never happen because, as so many people have pointed out to me, Ash is eternally 10 years old and will never start liking girls.
(Plus, I don't like the idea of him & anyone but Misty as a couple.)

As far as running gags go, how about a character in the background quasi-breaking the fourth wall like Cilan does in Movie 14 ("It's not very effective"). I LOLed for 20 minutes when he said that. (Then again, my sense of humor is kinda wierd.)
Ash don't need to be older or fall in love for those Gaps !
Those gap's are suitable for current Ash as well .
His personality need to undergo some change & writer has to create some cute girl to fall for him, !
It doesn't really matter if Ash fall in love or not for those gap as long as those girl fall for Ash.
I simply just said how Ash's denseness about Romance can be use for proper gap & same time make him look cooler !
A lot of people think Pokemon Can have any connection with love because it's a Kids Anime.
However , Doremon , Perman , Shugo Chara , Jewelpet , Jugioh, Guro Guro, etc are also Kids Anime too But those Anime has even serious connection with love So there is nothing wrong in using Other girl feeling for Ash as a Running gap !
Romance can be A Great Source for Humor if it properly use !
My other Gap-
- A New Male Cast who completely the opposite of Brock ! He's Rush ,Native , Impatient , Stupid , Less-Intelligent , Overactive, Hot Temper, Clumsy & Same aged as Ash !
However there one similarity between him & Brock ! Their love for Girl !
However , If more playboy type !
The Gap is that Most Girl get attracted to Ash childish personality and when this happen he shout ''Why Ash Get's All The Girl !''

Reaction score
Ash getting sweet on someone from the trainer school his age.Or maybe a recurring place where pokemon are dumped outside of pokeballs and its revealed they have superior intelligence to most humans.

Reaction score
How about Cilan being mobbed by girls who all love him instead of him being attracted to them? He'd be living Brock's dream and his nightmare.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Bring back Island of The Giant Pokémon-type episodes.

3 a season!

I wanna see what Snivy/Emolga catfights sound like(and how dense Stunfisk really is)!

Better yet, have 'em make it so only the audience can understand their language!

I'm sick of Meowth the translator...I want to hear the Pokémon speak...for themselves!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
How about Cilan being mobbed by girls who all love him instead of him being attracted to them? He'd be living Brock's dream and his nightmare.
Well, in his debut, there were a lot of female fans shown...

But we haven't seen that since. Hell, does anyone in the show like Cilan?