• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your personal review

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubchloe1

Reaction score
Its been a few days now that its released in NA, NZ, Europe, and Australia, so I figured, why not create a thread about your personal review? This is the place to submit your review!

Please, lets not have any flaming about stuff such as:

• Arguments about whether the game is good or not, this thread is about your personal review

• Fan wars, about Gen V (or that the newer Gens suck, or are better than others), always assume that every Gen is gonna get better than the past ones, even if there are uncreative Pokemon introduced

Anyways, my review:

This game has changed and expanded the Unova region so much, in BW, the Unova region actually feels empty compared to B2W2. I especially love the use of 3DS features, such as Dream Radar, and the fact that when using WiFi on B2W2, you don't have to update the game to use it. The changes to the Dream World is nice, and bad in some ways: you can find Unova Pokemon if you're using a B2W2 card, but if you use a different game card for Dream World, then everything is gone (that you have collected on your other game cards), even Dream Pals, but the cool thing is, you can have your Game Pals as Dream Pals, and there is now a 50 Dream Pal limit, but I had a hard time keeping up with 20.. I'm not sure whether or not Victini is obtainable, I heard WAY before the game even released that it wasn't, but if not, I'll just trade my Victini over from my Black game. And why can't Keldeo just be downloaded to B2W2 as an event? I'm just assuming that when M15 (Kyurem VS. The Sacred Swordsmen) releases, that there will be a Keldeo event, but whatever, I already have it on my W2 card. The games story doesn't pick up until you have about 6 badges though, so in my opinion, BW's story is better. The after game is a little bit longer than BW, and the after game trainers are higher leveled (about level 62). Of course, your Pokemon were meant to be higher leveled at a point in the game compared to BW (your Pokemon after you beat the 2nd gym should be about level 18; after you beat the 3rd, about level level 25; after you beat the 4th, level 31; after you beat the 5th, level 33; after you beat the 6th, level 35; after you beat the 7th, about level 45; after you beat the 8th, about level 53). SPOILER: Ghetsis is actually a LOT more evil in this game, to the point where he tries to kill the player character. He is in my opinion the most evil out of all Evil Team Leaders. Spoilers end here. All in all, its a better game than BW, and its very different (being the sequel), but in my opinion, the story in BW is better.

Can someone please make this a sticky also?

I'd dare to say BW2 are the best games story-wise and really good,but I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as the first two. In my opinion they lack the feeling and coherency of the first two and seem a bit rushed at some points and I've caught myself thinking:"this was done better in Black" on more than one occasion. Post-game additions were great though.

I really liked BW2 a lot more than Black and White. For the most part I found BW too easy, BW2 had a bit more difficulty level but not too much. The gym leaders required a bit more effort and weren't as much pushovers as in BW, I liked that. It was also little things that I appreciated like you automatically getting a message asking you to use another repel when it ran out or being able to move a held item from one Pokemon to the other, I just thought those were nice touches for convenience sake. For the most part I enjoyed the new characters, I found Hugh amusing especially him talking about "unleashing his rage" xD For the most part, I didnt dislike anything about the games at all and definately would replay it in the future.

Wow, what a coincidence. I'm supposed to write a review for BW2 for my school's newspaper. lol I didn't complete the game yet, though, so I can't give it a full review. I'll edit this and post my review once I do, though. But here's what I think of it so far:

The game lets you experience the Unova region all over again...but in a new and interesting way instead of feeling like merely a repeat. With a brand new story and new characters, new locations, improved graphics, awesome music and remixes which are in no way redundant, animated trainer sprites, and new features! And they bring back some old friends, both Pokémon and humans alike!

So here are the pros and cons:

Pros

>expanded Pokédex

>improved graphics

>new story

>better bag (now with a free space pocket where I can store all my rare candies lol)

>if your repel wore off and you have another one it will ask you if you wanna use it instead of you having to open your bag and get it (I don't use repels so it doesn't matter to me but it matters to other people so I'm putting it here)

>improved battle scenes (not sure what to call it but I think it's called a battle scene)

>cool music and remixes

>you actually get to skip *some* tutorials

Cons

>rebattles (it helps you train but after a while it gets extremely annoying especially when you're in a hurry)

>Castelia Sewers (I actually didn't mind it that much and only found it mildly annoying but it's a big deal to some people so I'm putting it here anyways)

>I don't know to me the start seemed a bit rushed I go get a Pokémon then bam next thing I know I have two town maps and I have to give one to my rival, it's better than if the story's pace was too slow but still...but's probably just me I don't know what this is doing here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom