• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your pets as Pokémon

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Pet owners of Bulbagarden, here's a question to consider: if your pet were a Pokémon, what Pokémon would they be?
In other words, which species of Pokémon do you think your beloved animals are most similar to; whether that be in personality, appearance, or both?

Maybe your parakeet acts as majestic as Moltres, but in reality is smaller than a Starly. Or maybe one of your dogs looks as sweet as an Igglybuff... but can be as destructive as Tyranitar! Maybe you've even named them after one?

As for me, my own cat — a short, bulky tuxedo cat, his favorite activities being to run around and eat food — would certainly be none other than a Munchlax. (note: unlike Munchlax, my cat cannot learn Fire Blast... but he does know Bite.)
Spr_4p_446.png

How about yours?

I share my home with two loveable feline idiots.

PXL_20201227_223133469.jpg

I think the black one would be Umbreon because I just can't see her as anything else but a void with eyes. And she really, really loves me and I'm always up at night, so if she were an Eevee, she would've evolved into Umbreon for sure. The white one might be Litleo because he's a goofball and Litleo is has the cutest goofy face. He could also just be a Jolteon or a Luxio, because of his high energy and speed. He's always running around, attacking and playing.

I live with three cats. I see Zora, my cat, as a Purrloin, given her strong troublemaking tendencies; she'll sometimes pull open drawers and take stuff out, for example. Blue, my older brother's cat, is definitely an Espeon; she's very friendly and loves sleeping in the sun. Domino is, uh, maybe a Skitty; he's pretty clumsy, and doesn't really care when his clumsiness causes issues- which sorta feels like a more Skitty thing than any other cat Pokemon? He's also pretty playful at times, also a Skitty thing.

My family also has a dog, Buddy. I'm not sure at the moment what he'd be, though, I don't know feel like any dog pokemon quite fit him...

My cockatiel, Zeru, would most likely be a Chatot. While he can't say actual words, he does make noises that sound like words (for example, one of his signature chirping noises sounds like "I'm a baby bird" in his own kooky language). He's also got the comical/show-off nature of a Chatot, and the fact that he has a crest is another match to the Mon. And given the fact that when he belts out a screech it sounds like Hyper Voice. So, yeah, I think he'd be a Chatot.

I have 3 cats. Twin black cats Magic and Midnight, and my old lady Tortoiseshell named Flora.

Magic is a Liepard. A sneaky little demon who causes trouble. And gets away with it by being cute. Seriously he will lay in the hallway in front of my door and just wiggle on the ground until I get out of my chair at which point he runs around demanding my attention and or to turn on the sink in the bathroom so he can drink from it. Also he pushes my digital clock off the shelf into the food bowl if I dont listen to him if I'm trying to sleep. And he zooms around often and can vanish into hiding just as quickly.

Midnight has a vacant stare that reminds me of an Espurr. He is also a massive snuggly baby. I don't really know which cat to label him as to be honest. It may even end up being Sprigatito once we learn more about it since Midnight craves attention.

Flora is a Purugly. Not because she's ugly (I find the pokemon quite adorable, actually) but she is the queen of this castle lol. She will glare at the boys as if seeing through their souls. And they've learned not to sleep in the spot she has claimed as hers (in the armchair, specifically on my winter coat I don't need anymore and at least one plastic shopping bag). When she was younger she was a total Glameow. And if something has upset her just right she WILL bite. [Me. I have three scars to prove it. No one else though. Just mom.] Old sassy lady who is too old for this crap. <3

Mom has four maltese, but they'd all be whichever dog pokemon has the most 'no thoughts, head empty DER PLAY' energy.

I have two cats named Lyra and Furiosa, and three chickens named Buffy, Biddy, and Della.

Lyra is definitely a Gengar. She's stealthy, follows me around like a ghost, and often startles me when I almost trip over her in the bathroom at night. Oh, and she definitely knows Lick, because that's what she'll do if you start petting her.

Furiosa, on the other hand, is a Glameow. She's what I like to call "dim and vacant", but she's adorable and loves to be petted and held (well, she tolerates it, at any rate).

Buffy is a Blaziken. She's the alpha female of our three hens, and the other two steer clear of her. Biddy and Della, then, are probably both Combusken.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom