• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

pastabender

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is another thread for this, but I thought it might be a good idea that seeing as we have a decent amount of Pokemon now revealed for Gen VI, we could make a thread dedicated to who will be on your team for the upcoming games. And then as new Pokemon/MegaEvolutions are revealed, you can post your revised list.

So far, here is my shortlist and I'm not sure how I'm going to choose 6 - as much as I want to use new Pokemon, these MegaEvolutions are definitely making me excited for older gen Pokemon:
  • Fennekin
  • Litleo
  • Noivern
  • Blaziken (because of its MegaEvolution)
  • Lucario (it'd be somewhere anyway, but I love its MegaEvolution)
  • Honedge
  • Pangoro
  • Malimar
  • Flabebe - pending evolution however.

I'm definitely going to have a Fire/Fighting imbalance here.

There are so many more I'd love to use, but I'm just going to have to do multiple playthroughs on one version to get to them all.

Feel free to delete this thread if it's deemed unnecessary.

Re: Your Pokemon Team

Fennekin- It's cute and adorable. I won't evolve it though because the evolution is hideous.

Gogoat- You can ride it and it's a goat and it looks cool.

Charmander- I want to use one of the Kanto starters because the only Kanto game I played was yellow. And it has a cool mega evolution!

Meowstic- It's a cute little kitten and it's psychic type! Yay!

Swirlix- So cute <3

Last edited:

Only thing for sure is that I'll likely not use any I used in a past generation. I don't like ending up with multiple high-level pokemon of the same species after I transfer my previous ones forward postgame. So that means MegaAbsol and MegaMawile will have to wait until I bring them over from Black.

Of the ones revealed to be in the games:
- Fennekin (decided I'm doing this for better or for worse, half the fun is the surprise)
- Torchic (I went with Treecko, but liked all three starters in Hoenn)

The rest I'll grab on impulse.
I may pick up a scatterbug/spewpa/vivillon (at least temporarily). Vivillon is my favorite "regional butterfly" so far. But as usual, I'm already accumulating a common weakness across my entire team. That won't stop me from continuing to grab stuff that's weak to rock (or at least it didn't stop me from building a team that died to fighting in G5), but I'll have to at least get some decent coverage moves in somewhere.

My Gen VI team:
Sylveon
Swirlix
Fennekin
Gogoat
Noivern
And Flabebe, until replaced with Xerneas.

I never know for sure what my team will be, cuz I always catch everything and use stuff as I go along, so I end up with stuff I wouldn't normally expect (like seismitoad in Black), but I know that I'm starting with froakie, I'll probably use the first route bird and rodent for a while like I've always done, and I wanna use a fairy type, torn between flabébé and swirlix, or maybe even jigglypuff... Somehow I've yet to ever have a wiggly ruff on a main team...

1. Fennekin evos
2. Blastoise
3. GoGoat
4. Pangoro
5. Sylveon
6. Talonflame (to be replaced with Yveltal)

Helioptile's evo could steal a spot depending on design and typing.

Froakie
Venasaur/Gogoat
Litleo/Torchic
Spritzee
Pangoro(possibly)

I'd use a team like this for the maingame:
Fenniken
Slyveon
Gogoat
Blastoise
Noivern
Yveltal

Absolutely nothing definitive. I'm certain that I'll be changing my mind about my team. It's already hard to choose, and it keeps getting more difficult as new monsters are revealed and some of my favorites are to said to be appearing. As much as I would love to start all-new, I'm also thrilled to use my favorites in this new 3D environment.

Froakie
Vivillion/Talonflame (or another Flying, depending on what's available since a Fly is a must)
Venusaur
Clauncher/Skrelp (depending on which version I'm getting) - Pangoro (yeah)
Octillery/Golduck (if Psyduck is available early)
Fairy-type (possibly Flabébé or Spritzee).

Rather poor in coverage, but it's something I can work. I can't help to be a Water-type fan D:

So far:

Fenniken
Ohrotto/Venusaur
Clauncher
Sylveon
Noivern
Malimar

Might have a double Psychic if the rumors are true but oh well. Malimar can cover with Dark, assuming it has decent attacking Dark moves. The Torchic will go in my box. Hopefully the Blazekinite can be used on any Torchic, in case of RSE remakes. (I want Blaze 2.0 to have an awesome Mega Evolution goddammit. She needs to go from badass to mega badass.)

I had a team in mind, but the reveal of mega forms completely screwed it up

X Team:

Chespin ♀
Mawile ♀
Malamar ♀
Noivern ♀
Venusaur ♂
Pangoro ♂

Y Team:

Froakie ♀
Helioptile ♀
Spritzee ♂
Skrelp ♀
To be announced
To be announced

Last edited:

I'll probably end up with something completely different, but based on the current reveals I'm thinking:

Fennekin (was gonna go with Chespin, but the first gym being bug would make this a pain in the butt...)
Helioptile
Skiddo
Honedge (if it's part of an evolution line)
Inkay
Spritzee (which I will have to trade for if I chose X...)
Squirtle (if the Kanto starters are actually available and I don't get someone else)

Froakie
Fletching/Talonflame
Pancham/Pangoro
flabebe (if it evolves)
Dedenne (if it evolves)
Bulbasaur (because we're getting a kanto starter and to balance out the team)

I expect this to change when more pokemon are revealed

I've not really decided on any Pokemon I definitely want yet, except for Skiddo/Gogoat, which I 100% know I will be using as soon as I am able to catch one.

If I can trade for a Skrelp egg and a Spritzee egg, then I might use those too (Spritzee really depends on what its evolution is like, though) because I will be playing X. Talonflame and Pangoro are also on my 'possibly' list, but I really need to see what else is available in the region before I commit to either of those.

First time around I'll only use Gen VI Pokemon, unless it turns out there's an older gen Pokemon I really want in the region or there's a Mega that entices me.

Here's my list of considerations so far. It's pretty big, but it is narrowed down some. I probably won't make any final decisions til the moment I'm playing.

Chespin
Skrelp
Pangoro
Honedge
Talonflame
Helioptile
Sylveon
Dedenne
Bunnelby
Spritzee
Flabébé

I will probably end up rotating 8~12 Pokemon total. I'll keep recurring types at a minimum. Recurring types above, such as multiple fairies, is because I haven't decided which yet. Also, for my first playthrough in this region (and probably only until third version), I'd prefer not to use any old pokemon. I may consider some pokemon, such as Ampharos, due to Mega Evolutions, but idk. I'll probably just make it up as I go and end up rotating a dozen pokemon for my team.

The only Pokémon I know for sure I want to use is Fletchling/Talonflame!

Last edited:

Fennekin (And maybe the other two starters, if I can get them traded in)
Vivillon
Talonflame
Pancham
Gogoat
Helioptile
Flabebe or Sylveon
Swirlix
Maybe a Kanto starter
Clauncher

I also might add in Noivern if it isn't obtained too late into the game. I'll be playing X so I can replay Y all the time.

I can't really form a future team at this moment. There hasn't exactly been too many Pokemon reveals, or at least of their evolution, so it's really hard for me to plan now. I suppose I'm just going to have to wait until release date and rely on the information pouring out onto the internet, especially as I really don't think the next CoroCoro will reveal much.

Although I may go with Chespin, depending if I like its evo and if not a different starter, and possibly Pangoro. I was considering Noivern at one point, but with the introduction of the Fairy typing, I think it might be better if I kept away from Dragons at least for the first little while. I may also pick up the Torchic if my wifi is still around by then, although knowing me I'll probably just end up hoarding it into my PC.

Okay here are my Pokémon X and Pokémon Y teams so far...

Pokémon X
1- Froakie ♂ → ??? → ???
2- Eevee ♀ → Sylveon ♀
3- TBD
4- TBD
5- TBD
6- TBD

Pokémon Y
1- Fennekin ♀ → ??? → ???
2- TBD
3- TBD
4- TBD
5- TBD
6- TBD

All of the TBD Pokémon are mainly gonna be Pokémon who were not revealed pre-game release.

If every Pokemon featured in a trailer or artwork is added into this region's Pokedex... then that's one wonderfully diverse Pokedex.

Really, I'm just hoping that my favourites pop up on the dex. ~
Fennekin
Linoone
Leafeon
Flygon
A Gen 6 water type, possibly Skrelp's evo... or now that Blaziken's being given away, a Swampert would just make my day ;w; .

I'm not too fussed about using too many Gen 6 Pokemon as I have a feeling we won't be able to transfer older Pokemon. But if we can, that's still cool. I also just want to play with my favourites this time and so far, they are all available~ (Except Swampert ;_; )

X and Y are just going to be so much fun. c:

I'm just gonna do what I've done for every region: all three starters, the regional bird, a decent electric type, and a decent part-steel type.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom