• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Re: Your Pokemon Team

My team for beating the game/elite four was:
Charizard/Mega Charizard Y
Talonflame
Greninja
Lucario/Mega Lucario
Tyrantrum
Yveltal

As for my official team, I'm definitely using:
Absol/Mega Absol
Tyrantrum
Aegislash

I'm considering these:
Haunter/Gengar/Mega Gengar (I really prefer Haunter's looks over Gengar)
Talonflame
Lucario/Mega Lucario
Pyroar
Noivern

That's as much as I've gotten so far.

Nidoking lvl 61
Blaziken (Mega) lvl 70
Blastoise (Mega) lvl 66
Raichu lvl 61
Yvetal lvl 62
Chesnaught lvl 63

As of right now:

Shurikroak: Frogadier, level 17 (F).
Sting: Beedrill, level 15 (M).
Leobreaker: Litleo, level 15 (M).
Tesla: Pikcachu, level 15 (F).
Blackjack: Pancham, level 9 (M).
Mirage: Abra, level 10 (M).

I may drop Pancham and Abra in favor of Ralts and Bulbasaur, respectively. But Sting and Shurikroak go nowhere.

Currently my team consists of:

Yveltal- level 64
Florges- level 67
Lucario- level 67
Greninja- level 67
Raichu- level 67
Blaziken- level 74

I've had 4 of these since before/right after the first gym (Torchic, Froakie, Pikachu, and Flabebe were all with me at that time) but I added Lucario when I got it, it replaced Charmeleon at level 33 or something, and Yveltal replaced a level 55 Pidgeot.

They know-
Yveltal- Fly, Oblivion Wing, Phantom Force, and Dark Pulse
Florges- Wish, Petal Blizzard, Moonblast, and Dazzling Gleam
Lucario- Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Flash Cannon
Greninja- Surf, Strength, Thief, and Extrasensory (this is the moveset I like the least)
Raichu- Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Quick Attack (c-c-c-combo breaker XD)
Blaziken- Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Blast Burn, and Brave Bird

Overall, glad I waited until 50 to evo my Pikachu and 51 to evo my Floette. They have a much better move set because of that. I have no clue what I'll use in comps yet, still figuring that out.

Right now my team is:
Frogadier
Gulpin
Event Combusken
Shuckle
Goomy
and Wobbuffet.
(I got most of them from the Wonder Trade.)

How does everyone play through so fast??? I still didn't get my 2nd badge yet! XD Anyways..
I like starting "fresh" in every generation, so I don't like including Pokemon from the previous gen(or the gen before that and so on). My team as of right now is:
Braixen(F) lv. 23
Floette(F) lv. 23
Fletchinder(F) lv. 24
Furfrou(M) lv. 22
I am at the point of revivng my Sail Fossil into Amaura and I'm soft resetting to get a female with a good nature(or a shiny!). My last team member will be Skrelp, not sure If I want a male or female yet. Yes, I do care about genders. XD

Aw yiis, just found a Noibat. People said it appears only in the Victory Road, but I found it on another random cave. My team thus far:

Delphox 53
Aromatisse 50
Aegislash 50
Chesnaught 46
Noibat 44
Lucario 40

Now to train Noibat a bit for it to evolve and also level up Chesnaught a bit more, since I want to use it in the last gym.

My team is a bit different from what I anticipated...atm,

Delphox(F) - 43
Floette(F) - 41
Vivillon(F) - 42
Helioptile(F) - 40
Skrelp(F) - 30

I really gotta level up Skrelp, and I'm positive the final one for my team will be Pumpkaboo. I'm amazed I made such a diverse team this time, type wise.

Finally got my sixth party member, Clauncher.

Quilladin (M) 35
Talonflame (M) 36
Florges (F) 35
Doublade (M) 35
Malamar (F) 35
Clauncher (M) 25

I was planning on using Dedenne, but I totally forgot about it until I saw it in game XD.

Currently it's:

Delphox
Pancham
Heliolisk
Tyrantrum
Hawlucha
Lapras

Can't remember the levels off the top of my head, but they're all in between 47-52.

At the moment I have:

Chesnaught♂ (Adamant)
Talonflame♀ (Jolly)
Heliolisk♂ (Timid)
Amaura♂ (Modest)
Sylveon♂ (Modest)
Skrelp♀ (Quirky)

They're all level 38, and I've just beaten Valerie. There's so many more I wanted to use, but it'd be best to save them for future runs I guess.

Quilladan
Wartortle
Combuskin
Honeedge
Skiddo
Tyrunt is my current team ill eventually put Mewtwo and my Staraptor from diamond in, but I'm not sure who I will replace yet.

I finished the game yesterday and since I don't care much about post game, I decided to reset it to try some other Pokémon I hadn't the chance to, in my first playthrough. But first, I made sure to trade my team of six Pokémon to a fried along the mega stones found only later in the game (like the mawilite), because I want to use them this time. Anyway, since I already have a Lv.70 Delphox, I decided to start with a Froakie this time. Unfortunately, his nature is Lax, but I am not reseting again to get a new one with a better nature (I am too lazy for that). So, I am yet to reach the first gym and my team thus far is:

Froakie Lv. 9
Scatterbug Lv.4

Well I have just finished the 6th gym & have my 6 for the remainder of the game set in stone now. Have super trained them all (about an hour each) to give the EV spreads I wanted & I have pretty decent coverage from them.

Chesnaught - Seed Bomb, Power-Up Punch, Poison Jab, Shadow Claw
Talonflame - Flame Charge, Fly, Acrobatics, Roost
Doublade - Shadow Sneak, Iron Head, Swords Dance, Aerial Ace (To be replaced by sacred sword soon)
Gardevoir - Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt
Blastiose - Surf, Skull Bash, Bite, Bulldoze (last 3 to be replaced by Ice Beam, Rest & Flash Cannon)

And my new favourite pokemon
Tyrantrum - Crunch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Ancient Power (To be replaced by Rock Slide soon)

Feel free to suggest any improvements but I can't see myself swapping any of the pokemon, only their movesets.

Last edited:

Although this isn't the team I plan to KEEP (Waiting for PokeBank to come out to get a few Pokemon I bred) I'm playing through the game with -
Blastoise
Delphox
Raichu
Snorlax
Hawlucha (who replaced a Vivilian once I got Fly)
Espion
I've beaten the 7th gym, and all my Pokemon are at least level 50

My team before entering Victory Road:

Greninja (64)
Charizard (64)
Goodra (63)
Gardevoir (63)
Aegislash (63)
Heliolisk (63)

I'm not over-levelled am I >.> I may or may not replace Heliolisk, if I can't find any decent moves for it

Here is my team. I have no clue what I want as my sixth member. Now I'm wishing I had picked Bunnelby but I think I'm too far in the game to pick one up. I'm at Reflection Cave, although I'm thinking about back tracking a little but to get a Helioptile. Any suggestions appreciated

Quilladin
Fletchinder
Honedge
Wartortle
Tyrunt

Here is my team. I have no clue what I want as my sixth member. Now I'm wishing I had picked Bunnelby but I think I'm too far in the game to pick one up. I'm at Reflection Cave, although I'm thinking about back tracking a little but to get a Helioptile. Any suggestions appreciated

Quilladin
Fletchinder
Honedge
Wartortle
Tyrunt

Those are the same 5 I have, I picked up a Female Ralts (I think route 4). Gardevoir can learn Thunderbolt TM as well as Psychic & Dazzling Gleam & has a large Sp Attack stat to run them from. It balances out everything else quite well I have found. Your Tyrunt can cover Ground moves through Earthquake & is far more useful & cooler imo than Bunnelby.

Btw Honedge is awesome, just amazingly good.

Quilladin
Fletchinder
Honedge
Wartortle
Tyrunt

Those are the same 5 I have, I picked up a Female Ralts (I think route 4). Gardevoir can learn Thunderbolt TM as well as Psychic & Dazzling Gleam & has a large Sp Attack stat to run them from. It balances out everything else quite well I have found. Your Tyrunt can cover Ground moves through Earthquake & is far more useful & cooler imo than Bunnelby.

Btw Honedge is awesome, just amazingly good.

I figured Tyrunt would I just like the looj of Diggersby. I was also thinking Ralts which is very tempting now that it's part Fairy

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom