• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Re: Your Pokemon Team

So did I, I ran Diggersby for a while but never really got him going. I also ran with Lucario, Torchic, Lapras & Pancham for a bit as well but fancied going with Gardevoir as it gives 11 different types on the team. Add in Earthquake & Crunch on Tyrunt, Poison Jab on Quilladin, Ice Beam on Blastoise & Thunderbolt on Gardevoir & you have 16 types moves covered. Only leaves Bug & Normal attacks not covered which you can easily live without.

Have finally decided on the number of the pokemon I'm rotating in X.

1-Inferno ( Greninja)...This thing is officially my second favorite of all the starters of all regions, 2nd only to the Tsutarja line.
2-Purgatory( Delphox)...Not too fond about the design, but the quirks with the stick is so cool
3-Paradise ( Chesnaught) Don't like the design so much, but I wanted to have the Dante trio.

4-Sklerp (Hydrake= Hydra + Drake)...GF has finally succeeded in creating a poison type that I adore.
5-Amura ( AuroraVeiler)....I adore everything about this thing.
6-Ganymede ( Nymphia)...I have always loved Eevee and its bros. And Nymphia is the personification of awesomeness.

7-Arch.Gabriel (Talonflame)...I always train the regional bird. (except in HG, where instead of Yorunozuku I trained Togekiss). Talonflame is awesome. I love how he attacks with his wings when using quick attack.
8-Lon du Dore ( Marine pattern Vivillon)...What's not to love about him? best butterfly poke ever and it comes with gimmick.

9-Igneel ( Lizardon X)...I do not like the Kanto starters that much. Lizardon is my fav out of the 3. And I like its X mega shinka
10- S-Lucario XI ( Lucario)....Lucario!!!! fangasms

Future members:

11-VentusPrimus ( Onvern)....one of my favorite of gen VI poke.
12-Adonis ( Xerneas)...<3
13-Tyrunt (yet to decide on a nickname).
14-Goomy (Slimy Mcawesome)...too derpy to skip XD

Edit: My Nymphia is a he and that's why he is Ganymede and not Aphrodite :p

My team so far:

Titan: Golett(GL, but will be referenced as male), level 25, Quirky with Iron Fist; Likes to thrash about.
Shurikroak: Frogadier(F), level 23, Mild with Torrent; Strongly defiant.
Sting: Beedrill(M), level 23, Jolly with Swarm; Scatters things often.
Leobreaker: Litleo(M), level 22, Adamant with Unnerve; Capable of taking hits.
Tesla: Pikachu(F), level 22, Rash with Static; Very finicky.
Kikyo: Ralts(F), level 13, Jolly with Synchronize; Good endurance.

My Ralts is in serious need of training; she's at least nine levels below two of her teammates. My Pikachu's been handy, but I'm not sure if I can justify keeping her around. I'd like to swap her out for either my Honedge--I just love his design--or my Pansage but I'm still trying to decide.

And no, I will never box that Golett. He's pretty much a permanent fixture on my team. But then again, you guys probably figured that. This is me, you know. XD

The team i used to beat X was:

Chesnaught ~Nutcracker
Charizard ~Char (long story don't ask)
Aegislash ~Youmuu
Malamar ~Blooper
Tyrantrum ~Chomper
Lapras ~Nessy
All around Level 73

And my team so far in my Y is:
Frogadier ~Jiraiya
Fletchinder ~Fawkes
Ivysaur ~Bruteroot
Vivillion ~Butterbee
Pancham ~Po
This team will change a lot over time so yeah.

Malamar ~Blooper

Haha, we named our Malamar the same thing.

My team on Y:
Chesnaught (Sonic) - Lv61
Dragalge (Dope) - Lv61
Dedenne (QT 3.14) - Lv61
Malamar (Blooper) - Lv60
Talonflame (Firebird) - Lv59
Aurauos (Mr. Ice Guy) Lv59

I haven't got the 8th badge yet. I've just been busy re-doing all my team's EVs with Super Training.

I started X yesterday, too, but I've only played up to a bit after receiving the starter, of which I chose Froakie, aptly named 'Leapfrog'.

My team for Y ended up being:

Gekomaru= Greninja
Toriyama= Talonflame
Masa Mune= Aegislash (his name made more sense when he was a Doublade)
King Krush= Tyrantrum
Anubis= Lucario
Bulba Fett= Venusaur (could there ever be a better name?)

I originally had Blaziken instead of Lucario, but I was tired of Exp. All over leveling the S.O.B.

First Beat Elite Four with-

Delphox - 65
Mega Lucario- 65
Aegislash- 66
Klefki- 65
Clawitzer- 65
Tyrantrum- 63

Second Team to beat Elite Four-

Tyrantrum- 66
Mega Mawile- 65
Goodra- 66
Pyroar- 63
Chesnaught- 63
Hawlucha- 66

Next Team -

Mega Aerodactyl
Meowstic (Female)
Sylveon
Noivern
Chesnaught
Hawlucha (Because the last two did nothing in the previous run.)

Nuzlocke-
Frogadier
Charmeleon
Kadabra
Honedge
Oddish
Flabebe

First time beating the Elite Four-
Talonflame- Lv60
Sliggoo- Lv62
Raichu- Lv65
Pangoro- Lv67
Greninja- Lv 69
Venusaur- Lv70

Im gonna mix it up a bit later. Now theyre all at 70-ish and that blasted Sliggoo finally evolved thanks to hard-to-find rain at Lv70.
Speaking of Goodra the Dragon, can I get any feedback on how anyone else feels about him as a party member? Any strong suggestions or dislikes people have for him? His Sp Def seems to be his prime stat and the Sap Sipper works sometimes when I get into a Double Battle and use Venusaur to raise his attack.

Right now, I havent put much work in mine but he's running with
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Well instead of backtracking to get Ralts I decided to use Mr. Mime. Who I nicknamed Mrs. Mime. My team is all set just need to level up Mrs. Mime

Quilladin (Chester) lvl 32
Fletchinder (Skyler) lvl 31
Wartortle (Poseidon) lvl 32
Honedge (Leonardo) lvl 32
Tyrunt (JP) lvl 31
Mr. Mime (Mrs. Mime) lvl 24

Just got into Shalour City

Already in the city with the 6th gym but currently training 2 new members

Current Team in rotation:
LV 47 Strider the Greninja
LV 45 Brussels the Venusaur
LV 45 Blaziken
LV 46 Steelheart the Aegislash
LV 46 Fee the Floette
LV 45 Felix the Heliolisk
LV 44 Ophelia the Gardevoir
LV 44 Tachi the Tyrantrum

Currently training:
LV 22 Cyrille the (Female) Espurr
LV 27 Raynos the Aerodactyl

Future Members:
Goodra

This may need to go in another thread but does Tyrunt/Tyrantrum learn earthquake via tm or level up? Of its level up then what level is it?

Thanks

Speaking of Goodra the Dragon, can I get any feedback on how anyone else feels about him as a party member? Any strong suggestions or dislikes people have for him? His Sp Def seems to be his prime stat and the Sap Sipper works sometimes when I get into a Double Battle and use Venusaur to raise his attack.

Right now, I havent put much work in mine but he's running with
Dragon Pulse
Muddy Water
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Solid Pokemon, at least for in game.

If yours has a good attack, you might want to put Power Whip or Earthquake on it. It knows so many TMs that you can change it up as needed.
I've never really felt like it needed Muddy Water. Mine will swap between Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt while keeping Power Whip and Earthquake because I have an attack raising nature.

I've gone through the game with:

Delphox
Aegislash
Goodra
Malamar
Blastoise
Mawile

It's a pretty solid team, I think.

Well I'm currently at the Courmarine City monorail station and Just got HM 02. Here is my team

Chestnaught-Lvl 38
Blastoise- Lvl 37
Talonflame- Lvl 38
Doublade- Lvl 37
Tyrunt- Lvl 36
Mr. Mime- Lvl 36

For a nice early on Psychic type, Abra can be found on Route 5, but is VERY rare.

Long story short, I've currently got 3 badges. Just beat Korrina and got my Mega Ring and I haven't done much else yet. Although, I have way too many pokemon XD Currently rotating all of these:

Chesnaught Lv. 36
Talonflame Lv. 35
Doublade Lv. 35
Blastoise Lv. 36
Meowstic Lv. 34
Linoone Lv. 34
Floette Lv. 34
Vivillon Lv. 35
Amaura Lv. 34
Lapras Lv. 34
Helioptile Lv. 34
Lucario Lv. 34

So those 12 are currently in my rotation. I'm also training and considering these ones:

Tauros Lv. 26 - just random. Never really used one before.
Eevee Lv. 22 - been considering Sylveon, but I've already got Floette... so idk. Anyone know which has better stats?
Emolga Lv. 21 - unlikely. only real reason is Sky battles.

Any suggestions? I'd love to narrow down my team a bit more... I just have a really hard time deciding which ones to let go and which ones to add, I love em all. However, I will add that Linoone is mostly just for HMs Cut and Strength now, so it doesn't really take up a space.

My planned team:
Delphox
Aromatisse
Heliolisk
Drifblim
Dragalage
Pangoro/Gallade (Swapping sixth spot)

More than half way there as of now (2 badges):
Braxien
Pancham
Helioptile
Ralts
Drifloon
Swalot

Last edited:
I'm looking for one more member for this team, but I'm not sure what fits thematically. I'm planning on:

Zangoose/Vigoroth (transfer)/Manectric/Clamperl@Deepseatooth

I know these aren't the strongest pokemon ever, but I think I'll manage with Exp All :) But I need advice on a last pokemon... Maybe Gourgeist? Or the tree? Idk! Suggestions welcome!

So, I finally got Y yesterday!! My current team is:

Braixen (M) Lv. 22
Azurill (F) Lv. 21 (Anyone know how I can get it to max happiness so it can evolve already!?)
Honedge (F) Lv. 12 (Just caught it; I'm only at Parfum Palace)

I wasn't planning on capturing an Azurill, but I'm just going to go with the flow and catch whatever as I go through the game. I'm thinking I'll get an Inkay next whenever I get to Route 8.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom