• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Chronos
Re: Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

So, I finally got Y yesterday!! My current team is:

Braixen (M) Lv. 22
Azurill (F) Lv. 21 (Anyone know how I can get it to max happiness so it can evolve already!?)
Honedge (F) Lv. 12 (Just caught it; I'm only at Parfum Palace)

I wasn't planning on capturing an Azurill, but I'm just going to go with the flow and catch whatever as I go through the game. I'm thinking I'll get an Inkay next whenever I get to Route 8.

Azurill is a great water catch up until you get a Lapras in my opinion. I loved the little guy in Gen V with the Huge Power ability. Inkay is great too ive heard. To get on topic, the Pokemon-Amie might help with happiness or there's a Super Training punching bag called the Soothing Bag which also makes them more friendly. He shouldn't be too far from evolving though if he's on Lv21 by now.

So my team in X ended up being Delphox, Sylveon, Lucario, Ampharos, Roserade, and Xerneas.

Originally I'd wanted Gothitelle and Altaria instead of Lucario and Xerneas. I ended up getting attached to the Riolu I caught as a temporary (since I only had my starter up until the first gym), and Delphox was going to be part Psychic type anyways. I did get an Altaria from the GTS, but since it was Japanese and a few levels ahead of the rest of my team, that little bugger kept leveling up so fast just with Exp. All. Then I got Xerneas, and decided to permanently box Altaria.

Anyone wanna help me?

My team is greninja, blaziken, lucario, talon flame, venusaur, and yveltal, but it is my least favorite team so far, because of the repetition of types and general lameness.

Keeping greninja and blaziken, who do you suggest to balance things out? (I have dark, water, fire, psychic, fighting, and flying type moves, so those types aren't really needed.)

Thanks a lot, I look forward to seeing any suggestions!

My current team is around the 70 range (now mid-70s) and is/was

Vivillon
Delphox
Dragagle
Venusaur
Vaporeon
Talonflame

It's not great competitively, and lacks an electric type (though dragagle has Tbolt) , I'm going to be trading some of them out for a better team, since half the team is weak to rock (two are pwned by sneaky pebbles,especially) and two to psychic, and two to electric, though vaporeon can hold it's own against electric types due to high hp and sp def

Attachments

• yes.jpg
    yes.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:
I wanted to use new Pokémon, but somehow I ended with just old pokémon, except my starter. However, most than a half of my team potentially megaevolves. Also, my team is plenty of type redundancy, having two Fire-type, two Water, two Flying, two Fighting and two Steel. (consider secondary types and don't sum 10 as a friend of mine did when I said this on Twitter :lol: )

So, my team is Greninja, Charizard, Gyarados, Ferrothorn, Lucario, Blaziken. Four of them can megaevolve, though I haven't obtained Gyaradosite yet. As for Ferrothorn, it's shiny, Brave and with nice IVs, so I HAD to keep it.

I had planned on a whole team of new Pokémon but two ended up being older ones. I ended up choosing Bulbasaur and when I saw a Riolu I grab it as it looked so awesome and cute in the X/Y graphics! Plus its one of my all time favorites (as Lucario).

My Y team is Frogadier, Fletchinder, Bulbasaur, Lucario, Helioptile and Tyrunt. :)

I shall have a different team why I play X.

Anyone wanna help me?

My team is greninja, blaziken, lucario, talon flame, venusaur, and yveltal, but it is my least favorite team so far, because of the repetition of types and general lameness.

Keeping greninja and blaziken, who do you suggest to balance things out? (I have dark, water, fire, psychic, fighting, and flying type moves, so those types aren't really needed.)

If you have no real restrictions on pokemon you want, personally I would go with, Venusaur, Aegislash, Tyrantrum & Gardevoir

I can recommend using a Sylveon and a Chesnaught. Chesnaught is really sturdy and Sylveon is just awesome thanks to good stats and affection after amie.

Suggestions to fill out the last spot on my team? Delphox, Venusaur, Drifblim, Azumarill and Pangoro atm.

Huge team update from my last post (I'm in Coumarine City; haven't fought Ramos yet):

Delphox (M) Lv. 40
Sigilyph (F) Lv. 35
Azumarill (F) Lv. 40
Doublade (F) Lv. 36
Malamar (M) Lv. 36

I know I have three Psychic-types, but I don't really care. I just use whatever I like. :p

Despite the low number of new Pokemon introduced this gen, I'm having the hardest time deciding what my final team should be - there's so many I want to use! Right now, I'm on Route 7 and I have:

Combusken - lv. 31
Frogadier - lv. 29
Pikachu - lv. 28
Vivillon - lv. 27
Swirlix - lv. 26
Kirlia - lv. 25

I'm planning on switching out Pikachu for a different electric type, Vivillon for probably a Crobat, and Swirlix for probably a Goomy. My question is, what electric-type Pokemon should I use? I have access to Shinx and Electrike right now (yay Wonder Trade! And breeding!) but I know I'll also have access to Mareep and Helioptile soon. Which electric type (that can be obtained soon for me) should I use?

My current Y setup is meant for mainly online battling and battle maison:
Hyslash(Scizor)lvl51-Need heart scales...
Garchomp-lvl 55
Greninja-lvl 69
blazkiken-lvl77
yvetal-lvl 63
Zygrade-lvl 70(Newley captured)

Anyone wanna help me?

Sylveon is awesome and I am currently using it. It took down whole Serenas team on its own. If you can get a Chespin so is Chesnaught really good too. It is sturdy. Hope I can help!

My in-game team currently is as follows:

Chesnaught - 72 Return, Power-Up Punch, Seed Bomb, Spikey Shield

Talonflame - 58 Return, Roost, Flame Charge, Fly

Venusaur - 59 Return, Sleep Powder, Solar Beam, Petal Blizzard

Farfetch'd - 64 Cut, Slash, Swords Dance, Brave Bird

Aurorus - 57 Thunderbolt, Take Down, Ancient Power, Ice Beam

I'm currently rotating 2 teams of 3 Pokemon, likely going to turn to 2 teams of 5. The first team is:

Greninja
Doublade
Talonflame

All are around the early 40s

Second team is:

Gogoat
Pangoro
Pyroar

Likely going to add Tyrantrum and Gourgeist/Trevenant to the main team and add Florges and Goomy's final to the secondary team. Anyone with experience with Gourgeist and Trevenant should let me know which one is better to use.

My first HOF Team

Chesnaught (M) 71
Talonflame (M) 71
Florges (F) 71
Doublade (M) 70
Malamar (F) 71
Clawitzer (M) 70

I wanted to evolve Doublade into Aegislash before the E4, but I decided to save my Dusk Stone.

Anyone with experience with Gourgeist and Trevenant should let me know which one is better to use.

Gourgeist is more defensive, trevenant is more offensive. If you manage to get a jumbo trevenant that would help.

Phantom force or shadow sneak/Trick or treat/gyro ball (tm) and/or rock slide (tm) and/or seed bomb and/or flame charge would be a great move set for a jumbo gourgeist.

Hope I helped a lil bit!

Last edited:
Anyone with experience with Gourgeist and Trevenant should let me know which one is better to use.

Trevenant is more defensive, gourgeist is more offensive. If you manage to get a jumbo trevenant that would help.

Phantom force or shadow sneak/Trick or treat/gyro ball (tm) and/or rock slide (tm) and/or seed bomb and/or flame charge would be a great move set for a jumbo trevanent.

Hope I helped a lil bit!

Its the other way around*

I've been rotating:

Chesnaught (M)- Seed Bomb/Spiky Shield/Rollout/Power-Up Punch

Talonflame (F)- Fly/Flame Charge/Agility/Return

Blastoise (M)- Surf/Protect/Ice Beam/Skull Bash

Pangoro (M)- Strength/Surf/Hammer Arm/Crunch

Meowstic (F)- Disarming Voice/Extrasensory/Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray

Heliolisk (F)- Parabolic Charge/Thunder Wave/Quick Attack/Mud-Slap

Staraptor (M)- Brave Bird/Close Combat/Double Team/Fly

Dragalge (F)- Surf/Sludge Bomb/Toxic/Camouflage

I'm not quite finished with the game yet. Suggestions for improvement?

I have:

Greninja
Talonflame
Charizard (Mega Charizard X)
Gogoat
Pangoro
Malamar

My Charizard often gets rotated out, currently for my Mienfoo as it's my Rock Smash slave. I also rotate Charizard out for other Pokémon with Mega Evos. who I want to train up.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom