• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

I finally have all the 6 Pokemon I wanted for my team in Pokemon Y -
Mienshao, Delphox, Lucario, Sylveon, Bibarel, & (newest to my team) Patrat.

[I have not decided whether to make Patrat evolve or not - such a tough decision - Watchog is my #1 favorite Pokemon - but yet I also love Patrat]

So far Mienshao and Delphox are the two strongest in my team.

Full Details:
58 - Delphox - M - nickname: Renard - item:
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
Ability: Blaze
Affection: 5
• Fire Pledge [fire]
• Psychic [psychic]
• Mystical Flame [fire]
• Psyshock [psychic]

61 - Mienshao - M - nickname: Mozart - item: Rocky Helmet
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Nods off a lot
Ability: Inner Focus
• High Jump Kick [fighting]
• Drain Punch [fighting]
• Detect [fighting]
• Power-Up Punch [fighting]

54 - Lucario - M - nickname: Danny - item: Lucarionite
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Steadfast
• Shadow Claw [ghost]
• Force Palm [fighting]
• Reversal [fighting]
• Aura Sphere [fighting]

51 - Bibarel - M - nickname: Castor - item:
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Ability: Unaware
• Hyper Fang [normal]
• Superpowee\r [fighting]
• Surf [water]
• Yawn [normal]

50 - Sylveon - M - nickname: Sigþórsson - item: Soothe Bell
Nature: Lonely
Characteristic: Strongly defiant
Ability: Cute Charm
• Dazzling Gleam [fairy]
• Misty Terrain [fairy]
• Draining Kiss [fairy]
• Moon Blast [fairy]

39 - Patrat - Female - nickname: Sophie - item: Everstone
Nature: Mild
Characteristic: Quick Tempered
Ability: Keen Eye
• Crunch [dark]
• Thunderbolt [electric]
• Cut [normal]
• Mean Look [normal]

Last edited:
I was debating on what pokemon i should finish my postgame team off with.
This is what i have so far:
Sawsbucks
Staryu
Zebstrika
Goodra

I really want a flying type and i think I'm going to go with Hawlucha because it is so awesome

But i'm really stuck on the last pokemon. Should i go with Froslass or Chandelure?

My team is:
- Jolteon (M, lv.67, Volt Absorb, Timid, Zap Plate)
Quick Attack
Thunder
Discharge
Double Kick
- Charizard (M, lv.85, Blaze, Naive, Charizardite Y)
Slash
Dragon Rage
Flamethrower
Inferno
- Pidgeot (F, lv.81, Keen Eye, Quirky, Sky Plate)
Fly
Twister
Hurricane
Quick Attack
- Blaziken (M, lv. 99, Speed Boost, Jolly, Blazikenite)
Slash
Brave Bird
Sky Uppercut
Blaze Kick
- Dragonair (F, lv. 33, Marvel Scale, Gentle)
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Dragon Tail
- Delphox (M, lv. 92, Blaze, Timid, Flame Plate)
Mystical Fire
Psyshock
Fire Blast
Flame Charge

Azumarill: Holy shit, this thing is just so good. Aqua Tail/Superpower/Play Rough/Charm with Huge Power was my Azumarill's moves. It absolutely destroys everything. And with Tailwind from Talonflame or Noivern, it can sweep NPC teams no problem. But it does have the bulk to take a lot of hits, even without any Speed, so it's not like it needs the Speed to be good.

Yes! People tend to dislike Azumarill but I absolutely love it. It can be quite good if you know what you're doing.

Right now I'm working on an all poison team to transfer over once poke bank comes out. I know for sure I want suicide qwilfish and a nidoking sheer power sweeper and probably gengar. There's so many choices for the other 3 pokemon I can't decide. Anyone have any suggestions?

Right now I'm working on an all poison team to transfer over once poke bank comes out. I know for sure I want suicide qwilfish and a nidoking sheer power sweeper and probably gengar. There's so many choices for the other 3 pokemon I can't decide. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you go to the blog section, Winstein wrote Monotype Teams Improvements 3 which had a bit about poison types. You may want to use it for ideas.

Here are my faves. The last game I played was gold and silver so my choices are kinda biased toward that
1) Vaporeon - Always my favorite, seems kind of overpowered in this version though

2) Snorlax, he was a beast in. R/B and still hasnt let me down

3) Beedrill- a worthless pokemon in the first game, but since they've boosted bugs i actually prefer him over scyther

4) Absol- love at first pokeball, and appears pretty strong when it's not getting one shotted by any physical attack

5) dragonair- see vaporeon, but change overpowered to subpar

6) Floette- replaced wigglytuff as my fairy. Seems like a pretty good fighter but that may be due to fairy being very strong in thw game battles, plus i felt guilty buying a new game only to use the same pokemon i used 15 years ago

Delphox
Doublade w/Eviolite : i prefer doublade more than aegislash plus i love that no guard
Clawitzer or Mega Blastoise
Trevenant : i caught him as a trevenant on route 20
Goodra : Personally i think it's underrated
Staraptor : my favorite bird from sinnoh is in this game

Here are some Pokemon from Kalos I highly recommend:

1) Tyrantrum. Oh my gosh, this Pokemon is amazing. I had so much fun leveling mine up. Its ability powers up moves such as Crunch, its Dragon typing provides nice neutralizing ground when hit by attacks that would normally be super effective against its Rock type, its attack and defense stats are very solid, and it's a blast to use in battles. It is by far my favourite generation six Pokemon.

2) Sylveon. Sylveon is very specially offensive and defensive, and that immunity to Dragon is super useful.

3) Florges. See Sylveon above. Plus, Florges is unique because it can be a variety of colours. I personally like the white and pink ones best.

4) Aegislash. I haven't personally had one on my team, but I've seen my dad battle with his, and it's definitely a good addition to any team. Its Stance Change ability makes it both offensive and defensive, and its typing is great because it gives it immunity to Normal, Fighting, and Poison type moves.

My current team:
Titan: Golurk, Quirky with Iron Fist, level 100
This bad boy was my first level 100 and was overleveled throughout most of the game. I relied on him, just as I relied upon my dearest Riser on Black. He took down a lot of things for me: Korrina's Hawlucha? Titan just laughed as it tried Flying Press then slammed it with a very effective Shadow Punch. Diantha? Titan tore her team to shreds. He's got more Ribbons than anyone else on my team and is more spoiled/loved than my own starter!
Bisharp: Trade from GTS, Lonely with Inner Focus, level 100, female
I've always liked Bisharp but it wasn't easy training one in Gen V. Dark and Steel means it can be murdered by Fighting types. However with Gen VI, Bisharp is one of the best Fey killers you can find. Steel typing + Iron Head for a STAB + Poison Jab = dead Fairies everywhere. As I've said, my Bisharp is the best at what she does and what she does ain't nice, bub.
Shurikroak: Greninja, Mild with Torrent, starter, level 91, female
Slowly getting her up to 100, as I feel I owe it to her. She took out an Yveltal during a passerby battle and she's been very handy in-game.
Kikyo: Gardevoir, Jolly with Synchronize, level 80, female
The only Mega I use. Ever. This lovely lady is my Dragon killer. She also destroyed a Mega Mewtwo Y in a passerby battle; her Nature sucks a fat one but she's pretty strong.
ForestSpirit: Xerneas, Lax with Fairy Aura, level 50
I have yet to train this fellow as I want to get all his EVs first. But to train him, I'm doing my research so I won't screw it all up. Unsure whether or not his Nature is any good though.
Torchic: Wonder Trade, Adamant with Speed Boost, male, level 1
I boxed my Sawk for this little one. He's perfect in Attack and Special Attack, which I'm boosting and I've been throwing some EVs at his Speed as well. He may end up being the Mega I use more often than my Gardevoir.

I would love to get an Aegislash, as I love the design and it's part Ghost but I only want to blow a stone on a perfect shiny. So I may start breeding for a shiny Honedge to add to my team.

I"m up to the 7th badge with my team. For now decided to go with an 'alternate team' mostly made up of Pokemon I"m starting to like [except for two: Miienshao & Watchog - those two can never leave team except for breeding]. So for now, until I get to the Elite 4 [then my original team will return again].

So for now I have:
1 fighting - Mienshao
2 normal - Watchog & Zangoose
1 water - Vaporeon
1 ice - Glaceon
1 fire - Flareon

[1 weasel, 1 meerkat, 1 half marten/half cat, 3 foxes]

detailed info:
69 - Mienshao - M - nickname: Mozart - item: Rocky Helmet
Characteristic: Nods off a lot
Ability: Inner Focus
• High Jump Kick [fighting]
• Drain Punch [fighting]
• Detect [fighting]
• Power-Up Punch [fighting]

65 - Watchog - Female - nickname: Sophie - item: King's Rock
Nature: Mild
Characteristic: Quick Tempered
Ability: Keen Eye
• Crunch [dark]
• Strenght [normal]
• Cut [normal]
• Mean Look [normal]

31 - Vaporeon - M - nickname: Victor - item: Lucky Egg
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Water Absorb
• Acid Armor [poison]
• Aurora Beam [ice]
• Surf [water]
• Rock Smash [fighting]

22 - Glaceon - M - nickname: Suarez - item:
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Snow Cloak
• Swift [normal]
• Quick Attack [normal]
• Bite [dark]
• Refresh [normal]

24 - Flareon - F - nickname: Fiona - item:
Characteristic: Hates to Lose
Ability: Flash Fire
• Swift [normal]
• Quick Attack [normal]
• Fire Fang [fire]
• Refresh [normal]

08 - Zangoose - M - nickname: Zorro - item: Lucky Egg
Characteristic: Strong willed
Ability: Immunity
• False Swipe [normal]
• Leer [normal]
• Quick Attack [normal]
• Fury Cutter [bug]

Location: Route 9 - make my way back slowly to Snowbelle City
[I pretty much went back - find any missing areas - battle wild Pokemon to raise the level of the lower leveled Pokemon]

Last edited:
Mega ampharos is pretty decent better than expected good since only mega electric type. :spin:

great choice with ampharos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I restarted my game two days ago and right now my team consists of:
Marill | Blanche, female level 23
Fletchinder | Lucasta, female level 23
Combusken, male, level 24
Floette | Florinda, female level 24
Charmeleon | Charlie, male level 25
Litleo | Freya, female level 25

Lots of fire types for my fire-crazed OC Flannery, lol. :p

I'd seriously suggest a Talonflame as an addition to almost any team. It's typing, while giving it some 4x weaknesses, gives it a lot of potential (at least imo), and it serves as a clever twist on the regional normal/flying type. It has a great speed stat and decent attack, as well as acceptable defense (it works best as a sweeper). Its hidden ability (Gale Wing) is useful competitively, while Flame Body is extremely useful for breeding projects. Plus, it's easily one of the coolest-looking Kalos Pokemon. :D

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom