• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Re: Your Pokemon Team

I always have grass starter so,
.Chespin evo
.Vivillion
.Sylveon
.Gardevoir - want to check out it's new status and movepool.
.Gogoat
.Flabébé

I don't tend to go for ledenedaries because i'll feel they're over used and everywhere....

The only Pokemon I can confirm is Skiddo/Gogoat. The moment that beauty was revealed, it became my favorite Gen VI Pokemon. I'd love to say I have others in mind, but there's so many Pokemon not even revealed yet I'll just have to wait and see.

The only Pokemon I can confirm is Skiddo/Gogoat. The moment that beauty was revealed, it became my favorite Gen VI Pokemon. I'd love to say I have others in mind, but there's so many Pokemon not even revealed yet I'll just have to wait and see.

I LOVE Skiddo: very, very cute. >3

Gogoat is good as well, not as good, but it'll grow on me.

I plan to use Pangoro. Others I want to use but maybe not uses is Gogoat, Dedenne, Noivern, Talonflame, Clauncher, Froakie, Chespin and Sylveon.

Hmm... Chespin is the only Pokemon that I am 100% sure that I'm gonna pick. If we have Sylveon, then we also have an Eevee. Then maybe I'd evolve it in Glaceon or eventually Vaporeon (I don't want Sylveon). Maybe I'll be getting a Litleo too (after I see his evolutions) and probably a Noivern. Dedenne is gonna be in my party ONLY if it has an evolution. I don't even need a Fairy-type (Ice is also super-effective against Dragon). Hmm... I'll decide after all the Pokemon are revealed.

frokie
pangoro/lucario
noviern
Mawile
blaziken/litleo/Chandelure(if it's available pre elite 4)
Helioptile/Ampharos

I don't want to have too many fairies on my team. I'm considering Flabebe as a mainstay, but that could change. I hope it and Dedenne have evolutions, so I can make my decision. I'm also curious about Swirlix, since I'm planning on getting the X version.

Nothing absolutely in stone since I still don't have much to go by. However, going by the looks of all the great monsters to choose from, I may end up actually having reserves this time.

Despite the above, Pangoro has a solid slot in my main party as does Mawlie since I promised myself that if she really gains the fairy type (and is catchable in game, not too late I hope) I WILL use her. Since they're practically throwing one of my favorites at me, Torchic will either be part of the "support" three or the reserves group. I wanna see where Gardevoir and Noviern will stand in all this as well.

If that rumor about the Froakie line is true then he may well become my very first water starter.

Until we know more, here's my current X & Y team:

Chespin (I can only barely choose, I'll have to wait until the evos are released)
Torchic (Event)
Noivern
Malamar
A Fairy (I love Swirlix, but it doesn't seem like the strongest 'Mon, so we'll see about its evos.)
Helioptile

This is all temporary. We'll just see. I have no idea what Mega to choose, I'm gonna use the Event Torchic, but I might get a different mega later, like Kangaskhan.

I was hoping Flabebe would evolve into Fairy/Grass, but now that I think about it, I want to use both Gogoat and Flabebe and I am trying to minimise type overlaps as much as possible. I want Flabebe to evolve into Fairy/Bug now, which I think is a decent possibility, because there's no bug Pokemon so far that I would use beyond Vivillion which I'll probably box after the first/second gym.

Very likely:
Chespin's evo
Pangoro
Gardevoir
Helioptile's evo

Potential:
Blaziken (first time only) or Litleo's evo
Glaceon
Miltank vs. Linoone or (if in-game) Kangaskhan

The rest I'm not so certain about. I tend to train about 9 kinds of Pokémon and then pick six for the endgame

I think Fennekin will defiantely be my starter for at least one of the games( X will be my first play through) other than that, I definately want to use a Fairy type, probably Sylveon, and at least one of the Pokemon that receives a MegaEvolution. If Oorotto is Grass/Ghost I plan to use it on one of my teams. Other than that I have no real plan and probably will just use Pokemon that I find in the game that appeal to me.

Aside from a couple of choices, I'm not one hundred percent sure about my teams. There have been a lot of great new Pokemon revealed and while I do want to keep my team focused on the new Pokemon, quite a few of these Mega Evolutions are quite tempting as well.

For my X team, I plan on starting out with either Fennekin or Chespin, depending on their evolutions and types. I think that Sylveon and Helioptile are strong possibilities for that team as well. For my Y team, I'm planning on having either Chespin or Froakie as my starter, depending on which type I choose for my X team. Litleo and Spritzee are two strong possibilities. I'm also planning on using Inkay on one of my teams, most likely my Y team, but it depends on the starters and what types they get. Out of the other Pokemon, I'm interesting in trying out Flechting, Pancham and Skiddo, but I'm not sure if they'll end up on my team. Flechting and Skiddo probably have the best chance due to the Fire/Flying combination in Talonflame and Skiddo being just so adorable, but that also depends on starters since in most cases, I prefer to not have two Pokemon sharing a type on my team.

I'm quite tempted to try out the Mega Pokemon, but I might just wait to see if a Blaziken and Absol in R/S remakes can Mega Evolve. Mega Lucario and Mega Ampharos are the most tempting of the Mega Pokemon in that case, but I already thought of just saving Lucario for the third version or sequel games instead. I might go with Mega Ampharos, especially when I thought of the idea of raising a Mareep again a bit before the Mega Pokemon reveal, but I may wait for the next games for that as well to focus on the new Pokemon.

I too want to focus on the new pokemon. Funny how in BW I disliked only new pokemon being available a bit, but now I am trying my best to stick with new ones. I only plan on getting one version of this first pair, and I won't be deleting my file to replay, so I need to make my choices count. That, or break down and buy the other version next spring/summer.

The only Pokemon that I am 100% I am going to use in my first Kalos adventure is Talonflame. Everything else: undecided.

Chespin (X)
Fennekin (Y)
Talonflame (XY)
Xerneas (X)
Yveltal (Y)
Blaziken (XY)
Seperior (Y)
Reshiram (Y)
Arcues (X)
Zekrom (X)
Kyurem (XY)

I finally get to fulfill a childhood dream, one pokemon from every gen. I'm thinking

Snorlax
Heracross
Milotic
Grachomp
Zoroark
Talonflame

(Unless they announce a Fairy/Flying that can learn Fly, then I might go with that) This is of course my after game team. For most of the game I'll be picking up random pokemon that interest me (i.e. Clauncher)

Obviously, I can't know for sure know since not every poke is revealed, but Onvern is definitely going to be on my team. Hello it is the first primary flying type in the game <3
I really hope that the ice type will have a defensive boost this generation so that I may finally be able to create a full team of ice types. ( my wildest dream would then come true!!).

Well one thing's for sure. There's going to be a Fennekin on there.

There is such a short list of official Pokémon announced, but currently I am plotting a steady team, pending revisions and availability, of course;

Pancham, which will evolve into Pangoro. A dual Dark/Fighting that is always in my teams
Fennekin initially, but I'll replace him for; Charizard, a staple in my team since SoulSilver
Gogoat, a sturdy, powerful grass type
Dedenne, an electric/fairy combination; this way I can experiment with the new type without losing out on a stable electric slot
Froakie, a water type that I believe will come in handy.

This is subject to changed based on final evolutions and type shifting. Since I highly imagine one of the starters will probably become a dual type with Fairy, and that would highly alter my plans. But we'll see. We only know about 30 Pokémon, and I'm sure there will be at least 105 new Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom