• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Re: Your Pokemon Team

i've finally solidified my team a good bit. i decided that since a lot of older generation pokémon were included that i was going to take advantage of that, so half of my team is going to be gen VI, while the other half is going to be made up of older generations. team stuff spoilered because of leaks 'n' stuff:

-- chesnaught.
-- pyroar.
-- florges.
-- chimecho.
-- vaporeon.
-- salamence.

usually, the only real rules i have for a pokémon team is that there needs to be a water-type and a flying-type. i usually have my water-type covered because i usually pick the water-type starter, but the chespin line is my favourite line this gen sooo that's not happening. i chose salamence for the flying-type because, firstly, i've never trained one before; as well as that, it seemed appropriate that i'd use a dragon-type in the gen where a lot of concentration was being put on it. the only other time i've used a dragon-type was druddigon in my second run of white, so. plus, salamence is supposed to be a beast -- how could i pass it up? i've never trained a pseudo before.

this gen, i decided a fairy-type should be a dead cert. i liked flabébé a lot, and its evolutions are definitely great, so florges is a choice i made happily. i also liked litleo when it was revealed, and pyroar is so cool!! (probably going to try and get a female version, though, since the male one looks a bit icky for me). so, with chesnaught, pyroar and florges as my favourites this gen, i decided that was going to be the kalos-y part of my team. with those three, i covered grass, fighting, normal (my favourite type; so glad it got more love this gen), fire and fairy. adding salamence to that, we have dragon and flying, so i definitely have a lot of coverage.

the water-type was a hard one to pick. it was between vaporeon, floatzel and octillery. i haven't used any of the three on my team before, and i love all three of them. i did decide, however, that vaporeon was probably the best choice given the rest of my team (only chesnaught seems bulkyish). plus, i can teach surf to vaporeon and it'll fit in as a powerful move for it as well as something useful. trying to get surf to fit on a water-type pokémon (since the water starters were generally not special attack-based) was a hard thing in past games, so i'm glad to finally be able to feel like it fits on the moveset, rather than being a clunky addition.

finally, chimecho just came as a random choice. the last pokémon in any of my teams are usually just random choices -- mienshao and druddigon in my first and second run-throughs of white come to mind, as well as tangrowth in w2. i generally don't care what the last pokémon is as long as it doesn't have the same type as anything else on my team. that being said, i'm biased as chimecho is my second-favourite pokémon, and i've never used it before either (bit ironic that i've never used some of my favourite pokémon, really).

PLUS CAN U IMAGINE ALL THESE IN POKÉMON-AMIE im faint thinking about it

tl;dr i like this team choice lmao

These will be in my main team for sure:

1. Fennekin or Chespin (I've gone with the fire type starter in every previous generation. But if the previews are any indicator, it looks like some good fire types will be available early on).
2. Pikachu
3. At least one Eveelution

I'll figure the rest out as I go.

As of right now, I'm thinking:
1) Froakie <-- My starter.
2) Panchum <-- Still needs a decent name; I'm thinking Blackjack.
3) Litleo <-- because it looks awesome.
4) Golett <-- BECAUSE I LOVE HIM FOREVER! (That wasn't creepy at all, was it?)

This game's Pokedex is so expansive, I think it's the perfect time to use my favourites in one team, which I've never done before. : ) X and Y is all about the player, and what they would be like as a Pokémon Trainer. So the Pokedex consists of almost all the Pokémon to allow everyone's favourites to be used~! I think it's really nice of them to do that~

Delphox. My first Psychic type. (Ever) With the ability to take down Steel types (mainly Scizor) and the resistance to the popular counter attack, Focus Blast, it'll be a tough player on my team. c: Fire/Psychic provides good coverage, just a bit iffy about Stealth Rock. Plus Fennekin is absolutely adorable, and foxes are one of my favourite animals c:

Linoone. Pickup is going to be rather useful at the beginning of the game, plus Linoone is one of my favourites~ Probably won't be part of my competitive, but if they match it up with Belly Drum/Extreme Speed again, it'll still be a toughie in the main game. : D

Flygon Available in the Pokedex again, I'll definitely grab it for my Flyer. If it doesn't get a Mega, it'll probably fall behind the other Dragon types. (but I always thought that Flygon should not be treated as a lower class Dragon but as a above average Ground type with Levitate and good resistances) Hopefully I'll be able to gain a Jap Ditto once I reach the daycare along with a Trapinch so I can MM for a Shiny. c: Hopefully Dragon Dance/Quiver Dance will be available for Flygon this gen, more so of Dragon Dance so Earthquake can be more destructive. If not, I may Scarf it so it can outrun most Garchomp if need be.

Dragalage. Will be my surfer of the team, and my temporary Swampert. (sob) Poison Dragon seems like a decent type with Surf for Ground types. Plus its design is awesome and Leafy Sea Dragons are amazing. : D

Togekiss. I'm not sure if Togepi is available in game, but someone claimed it was Fairy so.. it must be. : D With the typing of Fairy added, it is immune to both Ground and Dragon, making it a Garchomp Nuller. Togekiss will definitely be the wall of my team, with a 2x resistance to Fighting. Equipped with Air Slash and Roost, depending on its future movepool, T-wave and Aura Sphere/Moonblast,. : D

Aggron. With its Mega revealed, and Steel types boosted by the fact that it can defeat Fairies, and it being one of my favourites, it's gaining a spot on my team. Again, I have no idea where to get it. I will use the same Ditto to breed over Head Smash onto a Rock Head. It can also absorb Toxic and return one back (if Toxic has returned as a TM) and I will EV its DFS to make it a bit bulkier.

SWAMPERTWITHMIRRORCOAT/COUNTERANDSITRUSBERRYYY

For any HMs that I require, I will just capture a Pokémon on that route that can learn it and release it again later on. (Like I did on Platinum hehe)

This game encourages you to use your favourites, so use them~!

I honestly havent thought past my starter and thats even turning into a hard choice for me. I really like all the final evolutions this time around! I'm pretty sure I will have either klefki or pumpkaboo but other than that I have no ideas. I definitely want to try and keep my team strictly Gen 6 pokemon. I know that my kanto starter is going straight to the box most likely though. Even though we get to mega evolve them I really don't care that much for using any of them. It seems like the last 3 games we've been able to get them in some way and it's kind of taken the the nostalgic "magic" they once had.

Most likely though I will go with Froakie or Fennekin and build accordingly from there.

On Board-
Delphox [Getting use to her aesthetically being a let down. I'll appreciate her for what she is. Also expecting her to be the best Gym/Elite Sweeper out've the starters.]
Mega Mawile [Only Mega I am excited about. Steel/Fairy here I come. PLEASE be available pre-E4.]
Clawitzer [I fangirl over this design all day.]
Diggersby [ -.- Say something. I WILL have my Ground type.]

To Be Decided-
Aegislash [Intrigued by him competitively and I enjoy my steel types.]
Hawlucha [Originally disappointed in the aesthetic design but his typing and sweeper build does sound fun. ]
Goodra [Don't want his abilities but interested in his BST, and he looks like a fun Pokemon to have around from a RolePlaying standpoint.]

Last edited:

Pretty certain now I want this to be my final team by the end of the game:

Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Dragalge (Dragon/Poison)
Gourgeist (Grass/Ghost)
Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
Aromatisse (Fairy)
Ampharos (Electric -> Electric/Dragon)

I'll use different pokemon to have a full team until I come upon each one, but by the end, this is what I want :D

That's right...I'll probably want to use a Mega Pokemon :V
Greninja
Gardevoir
Trevenant
Goodra
Slurpuff
Aurorus

lol, exactly one change
Why are you all posting spoilers and leaks in this thread? If you're going to post new Pokemon at least put them in spoiler tags.
I can't speak for everyone but I (wrongfully, obviously) assumed that the entire X&Y board was free of the spoiler restrictions.
Sorry about that ^^;

I am going to do my pokemons starters ( well starters that have been released so far )

Meowstic
Skiddo
Fletchling

... Well those are the ones I've decided so far and I am sure they are going to be on my team... We'll see ...

If Bellossom is Grass/Fairy, she is going to be Super Trained, and I will see what her moveset is like. Hopefully she gains some Fairy moves via TM. Other than that, it'll be:

Greninja
Bellossom (Super Trained)
Charizard (w/Mega Stone X)
Jolteon
Hawlucha
Gengar

I've finalized my team (at least for Y, since it will be my primary version). Since I can't just choose six, I'm gonna do a rotation tactic (though certain ones will be my main team), and I'm gonna use only Gen VI Pokemon (I may raise up a Gardevoir and Blaziken for tradition sake, and for their Mega Evos, but I'm undecided there at this moment). Like I said in the Nicknames thread, instead of my more "traditional" method of nicknaming, I'm gonna name my Pokemon after the characters from a little-known, yet my favorite RPG series; Breath of Fire. So here's the lowdown:

Main:
Delphox (F): Nina
Noivern (M): Ryu
Greninja (M): Rei
Gogoat (M): Spar
Aegislash (M): Fou-Lu
Sylveon (F): Deis

Backups:
Malamar (F): Myria
Pangoro (M): Rand
Talonflame (M): Garr
Gourgeist (M): Peco
Pyroar (F): Katt

Like I said, I might add in Blaziken and Gardevoir in the Backup section for tradition sake, but I'm gonna at least try to stick to this plan. So that's the plan atm. Tell me what you think?

Damn, I still can't decide my team. So many awesome new Pokémon, so many cute fairies, psychics and ghosts .__. Oh well, since the main story is apparently huge, I may try rotating my team for the first time ever, even though I am not a fan of the idea. Here is a list of Pokémon that will definitely be in my team:

Delphox ♂
Dragalge ♀
Trevenant ♂
Aegislash ♀
Mega Gardevoir ♂

Here are some that may occupy the last slot:

Greninja
Florges
Aromatisse
Noivern
Gourgeist

By the way, aren't Generation VI Pokémon great? I mean, for the first time since Generation III, I am having trouble in planing what team I will be using. Don't get why people are so disappointed by the "low" amount of Pokémon, when most of the new ones look great. I'd rather get a few good ones than a lot of uninteresting ones (I am looking at you, Gen V). I am so excited to play Pokémon Y!

I may try rotating my team for the first time ever, even though I am not a fan of the idea.

With the changes to the EXP system (the EXP All, catching giving EXP, switching giving everything that takes part full EXP) I think rotating is going to be incredibly easy in this game. I didn't want to rotate because I wanted a small group for the first playthrough, but I've been trying to narrow my team down to six and just finding it impossible. So I've decided just going to rotate.

By the way, aren't Generation VI Pokémon great? I mean, for the first time since Generation III, I am having trouble in planing what team I will be using. Don't get why people are so disappointed by the "low" amount of Pokémon, when most of the new ones look great.

Yes, yes they are. I admit that the low number was disappointing to me at first, but pretty much all of them are perfect (my only exceptions being the Swirlix line and the barnacle transformer) so I'm really happy.

-------

After much umming and ahhing I think I've decided on both my teams. Y will be my main version because of Skrelp, even though I originally intended it to be X.

I was wanting to use teams solely of Gen VI Pokemon, but I decided I'm going to use a mixture of old and new, that way it gives me more incentive to replay in the future because there'll still be a lot of the new Pokemon I won't have used yet rather than using all the new stuff first. So I'll still have some mysteries to look forward to in future playthroughs!

It was honestly very very very very hard to choose though.

Y:
Chesnaught
Talonflame
Azumarill
Snorlax
Sableye
Heliolisk
Dragalge
Pangoro

X:
Greninja
Gogoat
Aegislash
Noivern
Sylveon
Kingdra
Krookodile
Ampharos (Mega)

These still might change slightly in places between now and Saturday. But we'll see.

As I have some rules to follow, I already decided my team. My rules are:

1) For playthrough, my Pokémon must be exclusively new. No old Pokémon until after Elite 4.
2) Not a single type can be repeated.
3) Water, Fire, Psychic and Electric MUST be part of the team.

I like this team especially because they're all dual-typed and I get to have 12 completely different types in it. Here it is:

Greninja ♂ [Water/Dark]
Delphox ♀ [Fire/Psychic]
Heliolisk ♀ [Electric/Normal]
Hawlucha ♂ [Fighting/Flying]
Trevenant ♂ [Ghost/Grass]
Tyrantrum ♂ [Rock/Dragon]

:)

Update! I reduced the number of Pokemon to 7.

Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting) ♂
Charizard (Fire/Flying --> Fire/Dragon) ♂
Aegislash (Steel/Ghost) does it even have genders?
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy) ♀
Dragalge (Poison/Dragon) ♂
Vaporeon (Water) ♀

and

Aurorus (Rock/Ice) ♀

That's probably not gonna be my final team though, cause huge Pokedex + awesome new Pokemon = impossible to choose.

Last edited:

It's not finalized yet but
my team for X is Charizard, Quillidan (I haven't looked into the leaks), Clauncher, Doublade, Aurorus and something fairy.
then for Y I'll be using Frogadier, Venusaur, Talonflame, Tyrantrum, Malamar and something fairy

I've finalized my team (at least for Y, since it will be my primary version). Since I can't just choose six, I'm gonna do a rotation tactic (though certain ones will be my main team), and I'm gonna use only Gen VI Pokemon (I may raise up a Gardevoir and Blaziken for tradition sake, and for their Mega Evos, but I'm undecided there at this moment). Like I said in the Nicknames thread, instead of my more "traditional" method of nicknaming, I'm gonna name my Pokemon after the characters from a little-known, yet my favorite RPG series; Breath of Fire. So here's the lowdown:

Main:

Backups:

Like I said, I might add in Blaziken and Gardevoir in the Backup section for tradition sake, but I'm gonna at least try to stick to this plan. So that's the plan atm. Tell me what you think?

Lol 4 of ours are the same,

Noivern
Gogoat
Delphox
Aegislash

But I'm gonna have

Heliolisk & Clawitzer as well.

Then post dex, I'm gonna bring in my usual team I carry since Gen 4, and it's open to change depending on what new mons are in Gen 6, none of the in game ones look good enough but if they have new ones post game (sinnoh style) then they might get added. (There were no new additions in Gen 5, it's very hard to get into my main team)

After much deciding, my teams have been assembled!
Chespin/Skrelp/Charizard/Klefki/Carbink of Malamar/Vivillon in Y
Froakie/Hawlucha/Aegislash/Trevenant or Gogoat/Florges/Mega Gengar (if I can't get it, Gogoat) in X

Main:

Backups:

WHAT ABOUT MOMO AND TEEPO!?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom