• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Re: Your Pokemon Team

so far i want to use
fennekin(maybe) or talonflame
chespin if no fennekin(or if i can trade for it) or gogoat maybe
honedge (because that sword is a type-tank... 3 immunities and 11(?) resists)
hoping gardevoir makes a showing so i can use its fairy leetness
and amphabulous (that hair)
the 6th is still totally open, and obviously all are subject to change as info is released.

If possible, I am going to use the following for the main story:
1.Pikachu (Personal favorite that I almost always use for the story.)
2.Lucario (Another favorite I want to use again.)
3.Charizard (Never thought I'd choose two Fire-type starters, but because I haven't used Charizard in a long time, I thought it would be a perfect time to bring it back in the spot-light.)
4.Fennekin (The first generation 6 starter I'll use.)
5.Chespin (Going to get it from a trade.)
6.Froakie (Again, going to get it from a trade.)

I'll most likely change my mind, but for now, I'm thinking of Pangoro, Talonflame, Gogoat, Noivern, Honedge and Sylveon.

The members I have decided so far are as followed.

Team 1: Emolga, Charizard, Froakie's final stage, Fennekin and Chespin's middle stage.
Team 2: Chespin's final stage, Blastoise, Talonflame and whoever the Pseudo Legendary Pokemon of the region will be.
Team 3: Fennekin's final stage, Venusaur, Sylveon and Garchomp.

I'll change my choices depending on how the Kalos Pokedex ends up.

It'll probably look something like:

Fennekin/Froakie
Gogoat
Honedge
Fairy Type
Rock Type?
Idek

Right now all I have on lock down for Y is

Chespin
Squirtle
Talonflame

Still haven't decided on my starter for X though
Froakie/Fennekin
Charmander/Bulbasaur

I got two teams planning.

Y:

1. Froakie
2. Charizard -> Mega Charizard
3. Talonflame
4. Sylveon
5. Pangoro
6. N/A

Extras:

7. Blaziken -> Mega Blaziken
...Any other Pokemon to transfer from my White 2.

X:

1. Chespin
2. Blastoise -> Mega Blastoise
3. Blaziken -> Mega Blaziken
4. Sylveon
5. Dedenne
6. N/A

Last edited:

Ah God, we get a Kalos Starter and a Kanto Starter? HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE A BALANCED TEAM WITH MY FAVORITES WHEN I ONLY HAVE 6 SLOTS!!!! D:

Well, I wanted to pick Fennekin, but I also want Charmander, but I don't need two fire types on my team, so it would be better to pick a different Kanto starter, and trade for Charmander later, but if I don't pick Chamander in-game, then depending on game play, I might not get Charizard's Mega Stone...Ugh!! Why is this so hard....

But anyway, For my Pokemon Y, it's looking like:

1. Fennekin
2. Orotto
3. Helioptile
4. Noivern
5. Spritzee or Flabebe (I'll probably pick whichever has better evos, I like making my pokemon evolve)
6. Honedge

I'll probably stuff my Kanto starter, whichever I get, in a box and train it later. Inkay and Skrelp may also be on my team at some point, depending on how late in the game I run into these. And if I run into any other new ghost pokemon all bets are off!!

Hmmmm at this time I'm thinking about this kind of lineup to start with

Y:
Chespin/Froakie/Fennekin (The starter's Evos have me going back and forth lol)
Fletchling
Squirtle/Bulbasaur
?/Meowstic(Female)
?/Tyrunt
?

I guess I'll just have to see what's available and what I like when the games come out. XD

Last edited:

Honestly, there's too few Pokemon revealed for me to say. The only thing that's cemented is I'm using Froakie in Y and Fennekin in X. I really want Sylveon too, but I want to use my shiny Eevee from Platinum.

I'm aiming for a pre-historic reptile team!!

1) The new T-rex
2) The new diplodocus
3) Rampardos
4) Bastiodon
5) Aerodactyl
6) Carracosta

Team Dino!!

Updated:

1. Fennekin (Vulpecula) (will be trying for a female)
2. Bulbasaur (Ralph)
3. A water type
4. A flying type
5. Nyaonikusu (Kattöfrar)
6. Sylveon (Sylfée)

Here's what I've planned so far:

Pokemon Y (main version):

Fennekin (M: Firestorm, F: Nina) (leaning more toward the female at this point, since I've been in a Breath of Fire mood lately)
Gogoat (M: Cliff, F: Treeflower)
Noivern: (Nightwave)
Honedge (Halloedge, but still somewhat up in the air)
Pancham (M: Knuckles, F: not sure yet) (leaning more toward the male)
Water-type (not too many known right now, so up in the air. Was going for Clauncher, but it's X exclusive, so not sure what I'm gonna do)

Y Reserves:

Talonflame (Phoenix)
Amarusu (M: Frostbite, F: Snowdust) OR Chigorasu (M: Rampage, F: Sandfang) (this depends on stats/moves and preference when obtaining the fossil)
Mega Blaziken (M: Blazer)
Mega Garchomp (M: Jetfang)
Gardevoir (F: Lora)
(More will follow once I know the rest of XY's Mons)

Pokemon X:

Fennekin (Same as Y version)
Gogoat (Same as Y version) OR Oorotto (if it IS a Grass-type)
Noivern (Same as Y version)
Clauncher (M: Hammer, F: Shelly)
Helioptile (M: Gecksol, F: Sunbeam)
Misc Pokemon (probably a Fairy, Ghost, or Ice-type)

I'm trying not to use too many non-Gen VI Pokemon, but, again, I'll play it by ear as more is revealed or once I get the games. Obviously, Y will be my main version with X as a backup/trade partner version. So that about sums it up right now, but it's subject to change as time goes on.

As of right now my teams probably going to be along the lines of:
1: Froakie
2: Bulbasaur
3: Torchic (who am I to say no to a distributed Pokemon?)
4: the T-rex (assuming you get to revive the fossil relatively early)
5: some pokemon that can learn fly
6: I'll leave the last spot open for the time being

Right now it's looking like this?

Fennekin
Bulbasaur
Helioptile
Skrelp
Spritzee
(a fossil? I like the Brachiosaur a bit better, but the T-Rex might round off my team better)

It may end up changing though depending on availability or what else I find...

Well, so far...

Pokemon X:

Kalos Starter - Froakie (Doubles up as my swimmer)
Kanto Starter - Charmander (Doubles up as my flyer eventually)
Fossil - T-Rex (Even if it isn't early which I'm hoping, I want it anyways lol)
Gogoat - I think we get one anyways, plus the cool riding feature. Might double up for any possible Hm(s)
Sylveon (maybe)

Aside from that I dunno, we'll see once more is reveled next month. : D

Pokemon Y if I get it...

Fennekin/Chespin most likely as the starter, depending on their final evos.
Bulbasaur if the choice is Fennekin, Squirtle if Chespin.
Ice/Rock "Little foot" fossil this time.
Gogoat
Noivern (Assuming that its not too late, will be a cool flyer)
Sylveon (maybe)

Lots of cool choices already, so this will be a little harder for me than with B/W. Not really caring about whats effective (or not) with Gyms or the E4 this time either.

Only thing for sure is that I'll likely not use any I used in a past generation. I don't like ending up with multiple high-level pokemon of the same species after I transfer my previous ones forward postgame. So that means MegaAbsol and MegaMawile will have to wait until I bring them over from Black.

Of the ones revealed to be in the games:
- Fennekin (decided I'm doing this for better or for worse, half the fun is the surprise)
- Torchic (I went with Treecko, but liked all three starters in Hoenn)

The rest I'll grab on impulse.
I may pick up a scatterbug/spewpa/vivillon (at least temporarily). Vivillon is my favorite "regional butterfly" so far. But as usual, I'm already accumulating a common weakness across my entire team. That won't stop me from continuing to grab stuff that's weak to rock (or at least it didn't stop me from building a team that died to fighting in G5), but I'll have to at least get some decent coverage moves in somewhere.

Add to that Nyaonikusu. Actually... maybe even add both, I wants BOTH! Torchic may lose its spot to some other random Kalos pokemon I stumble across.

Currently, Chespin is my only definite (yes, I'm remaining faithful despite the overbearing hate, minorities FTW). However, I am really digging the Psychic cats, particular the Male one. I just hope it isn't considerably weaker than the female version, I really like the colors of the male. But nothing's set in stone.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom