• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Re: Your Pokemon Team

Chespin, Swirlex, Pangoro, and T-Rex are all guaranteed spots. Last two slots will be decided upon full list of Pokemon.

So far its Froakie, charmander, Noivern, and possibly Amarusu. I like the ice/rock dino, it's so cute. XD

Mono-Fire teams look like they'd be good to try out. So far you can have Fennekin, Talonflame, Pyroar, Blaziken, Charizard and Houndoom. I'm sure there will be more Fire-types too.

That said, I won't be doing a mono-type run on my first playthrough, but I definitely will try a Fire one before the Torchic event ends in January.

I'm having serious issues coming up with a balanced team. I think I'm just going to stop trying to plan and go with it. I don't even know what starter I want to use for sure anymore.

Froakie's final evolution
Blaziken
Venusaur
Honedge (If it has good stats)
Xerneas
Talonflame ( I know I'll have two fire types, but really, this guy is too cool to give up)

My current plans, which will probably change as I play:

Chespin(Grass, maybe becomes Grass/Dark)
Meowstic(Psychic)
Amaura(Rock/Ice)

...And that's it for now. I think a Poison-type of some sort will go well with this, and I would like to have some Flying/levitate Pokémon for Sky battles. A Water-type will probably end up being necessary. Just not sure what to use yet.

On my X, I'll probly start with Fennekin and I think I'll use Tyrunt for a little bit, but he is most likely going to be dropped due to having 6 weaknesses, and as a fossilmon, probly not many more redeeming qualities.

Only other pokemon I really have my eye on is Clauncher's assumed Evo. Which I hope is Water/Fire, but Water/Electric isn't bad either.

If I get a Y, I'll probly pick Froakie, try Amaura, and the only other mon I'm really looking forward to is Spitzee's assumed Evo. Which I hope is a Poison/Fairy Plague Doctor.

I'm definitely going with Fennekin for my starter. Amaura and Swirlix are adorable so I'll probably use them too. I'm considering Pyroar and Vivilon too.

fennikem, tyrunt, pangoro are definatyes

Froakie is the only definite that I have. However, Litleo, Swirlix, Tyrunt, Pancham and Skrelp all are awesome. I might end up with a variant of those, but then again I'm just going to play through the game picking and dropping Pokemon as I go. I might even train certain Pokemon just for the sake of beating a certain Gym; you know, for Viola, I'll focus on types that can beat hers and utilize what I have available.

The only limitation I'm placing on myself is that I won't use Pokemon from past generations.

I'm definitely cemented for Fennekin. I'll also probably get a Helioptile and female Meowstic.

As of now, I'm still 50/50 on whether I'll pick Chespin or Froakie as my starter.

I'm not really sure about my team for the most part, however I will probably get Talonflame.

My only real guideline is no past generation pokemon, with few exceptions. New evolutions of old mons would be acceptable (like Sylveon) and Mawile may also be exempt from that restriction (never used one before, new type change, AND Mega evo. It's new enough for me). But besides those two current exceptions to the restriction, I'm gonna try and stick with new Pokemon only. Mega Charizard is tempting (in place of Talonflame), but I'm gonna try and avoid it.

Right now, I'm thinking of this team:

Main:
Fennekin line
Blastoise
Meowstic (even if it's male)
Helioptile
Flabébé line (Sylveon if it doesn't work)
Honedge

Reserves:
Talonflame
Amaura line
Pangoro
Event Blaziken
Malamar
Furfrou

Froakie (the hero)
Pyroar (the lancer)
Veanasaur (teh big guy)
Dedenne (tagalong kid, team mascot).
Amaura (the chick)
Meowstick (either) (the smart guy/gal)

Reserves:
Pangoro (sixth ranger)
Spritzee line (more to fly than anything else). (team mom/ the medic)
Tyrunt line (guest star)

... I really need to leave Tv tropes.

Froakie (the hero)
Pyroar (the lancer)
Veanasaur (teh big guy)
Dedenne (tagalong kid, team mascot).
Amaura (the chick)
Meowstick (either) (the smart guy/gal)

Reserves:
Pangoro (sixth ranger)
Spritzee line (more to fly than anything else). (team mom/ the medic)
Tyrunt line (guest star)

... I really need to leave Tv tropes.

I nearly threw in a TVTropes reference in a recent blog myself, so maybe I should, too...

Anyways, my last post assumes that I start with Fennekin. If I start with Chespin or Froakie, I'm not sure about the other team members, except that Talonflame would surely be in the main team. Possibly Meowstic as well.

1. Chespin probably...
2. Talonflame
3. Sylveon (so far the best fairy type)
4. Blastoise
5. Helioptile
There will probably be changes but right now I'm going with these

So far: All names save for Kindle are preliminary...

1) Froakie [Caudatsu]
2) Tyrunt [Sunder]
3) Honedge [Polterstrike]
4) Charmander [Kindle]

Remaining ones are still up in the air till I see more of the new generation/dex :)

1. Froakie - Tradition. Always pick Water starter. Always.
2. Inkay/Malamar - This thing looks so amazing and Topsy-Turvy seems like a cool move.
3. Meowstic - The female fits my playstyle better, but the male has the better design. Either way, one of these is on my team for sure.

That's actually it so far. A lot of the Pokemon showed are only so-so to me, so I hope there's a lot more Pokemon I like in these games. If not, guess I'll be running 3 Kalos and 3 whatever other region's Pokemon are in this.

Fennekin, Pangoro and Tyrunt are definite, and since im buying strategy guide, ill just catch all the pokemon in a route and pick put 3 i like best.

Since I haven't decided a starter yet, nor do I know the majority of exclusives or ease of accessibility or what the rest of the Pokedex looks like (obviously) and other things like that it's quite difficult for me to decide a team. I am however inclined to use:

Amaura +
Spritzee +
Noivern, maybe.
Pancham/Pangoro or Inkay/Malamar (honestly can't decide which one I prefer - though Malamar I'm kind off on and off again about it)
Clauncher/Skrelp (might trade, depending on version - I prefer Clauncher though Skrelp isn't too bad)

... and maybe Fletchling/Talonflame. I put a + sign next to the ones I definitely am looking forward to getting as long as their evolutions (if any) are also as excellent/promising as what we've seen so far.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom