• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon Team, also Team Suggestions/Advice/Recommendations

Re: Your Pokemon Team

Well, I'll DEFINITELY be picking Squirtle as my Kanto starter. since Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon. Then I'll recieve Torchic through the event, so that'll end up on my team. And since I'll have water and fire early on, I'll be picking Chespin as my Kalos starter (although originally I planned to pick Froakie, but I don't want 2 water Pokemon and I can't pass up the chance for Squirtle)
Other than that, I'm not positive...I'd assume Ralts are in the wild somewhere, since Gardevoir was re-typed, so I'd get one of those...maybe (I have a Lv1 Ralts with the nature/ability I want on B2 though...)
I guess, other then the three starters, I'll just be going with whatever intrigues me :)

Fletchling (Might port over another flying type maybe.. Pidgey or Tailow)
Well, you wouldnt be able to port something like Pidgey or Tailow, since the only announced way to port Pokemon wont be available until December. So if you're getting the game when it comes out, you're stuck with the in-game flying types.

So you're saying that i can't trade with another DS untill December?

Sadly, yes.

What the deuce, why?
Well, you can trade with another DS before December, but only with Pokemon X and Y.
Essentially, until December, the only Pokemon that will be available are ones you can catch in the Kalos region. So if Pidgey isn't in the Kalos region, you need to port one from Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, or White 2 (Gen IV games wont be portable)
BUT
The 3DS "app", PokeBank, is what's used to port Pokemon from Gen V games. And this "app" will not be released until sometime in December. So until then, you're unable to port whatever it is you want....as annoying as that is =_=

it is a nice way to incentiveise people to use the pokemon available in the game instead of just porting over your favorites and steamrolling the game.

The only two Pokemon I know for sure I want on my first team are Gogoat and Pyroar. I've decided I'm picking Froakie for that purpose. Then, I want to experiment with the other three slots.

I'll probably just catch whatever TBH. I find games more fun when you're playing and you just catch and use whatever you encounter. Plus planning out things never really is a big deal for me because my list usually shifts and shifts quite often. I'm sure I'll pick Froakie for sure though as a starter.

I don't plan on having a set team really at all, at least not on the first playthrough. I know I'm definitely picking Fennekin, and I definitely want a Sylveon, but that's about it. Maybe after a couple playthroughs or training more Pokemon to see what works I'll have a general idea. So, I'll just do what I did when BW came out: have a constantly rotating team depending on what works and what doesn't.

Fennekin ♀
Fletchling ♂
Clauncher (X) ♂/Skrelp (Y) ♀
Skiddo ♂
Torchic ♀
Charmander ♀

This could all change depending on what Pokémon are available early on in the game. I never switch out my Original 6.

everyone is banking on female fennekin... granted my luck withgetting female straters lately has been insane, i feel like a lot of people will be soft resetting their games a buncha times to get a lady fox...

meanwhile.. froakie <3

Eh, im starting to think i will just box Torchic and the Kanto Starter

I'm really, really debating on Fennekin and Froakie right now--I just keep going back and forth.

I'll base my final decision on how the final evos look, but I think it's set in stone at this point that they'll be Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting respectively.

Thankfully I've got a Charmander in B2 already, so I'll probably go for a Bulbasaur when it comes to Kanto starters.

Only for sure is Noivern. Must have my Noivern. :p

Fennekin line
Lucario/Blastoise/Ampharos (for a Mega evo - not sure which one's my favourite)
Doublade
Swirlix/Gardevoir (for a Fairy type)
Nidoking (from my White 2 game, for old times' sake)

6th spot will probably go to another new one I find cool, or one of my old favourites from White 2.

Last edited:

Outside of Froakie my team isn't set, but I do have my eyes on Spiritzee, Noivern, Tyrunt, Helioptile, Litleo and Honedge.

Chespin or froakie, tyrantrum or noivern, helioptile, gogoat, spritzee and charmander

Mega Charizard X is making me reconsider picking Fennekin in X. I still want to see the starter final forms before I make a definitive choice.

Sylveon & Aurorus are definite. So pretty.

I wasn't thinking of a team for X yet but it's going to include Fennekin, Noivern, and possibly Tyrantum.

I'm pretty sure I've got Delphox, Pangoro, Tyrantrum and Hawlucha on my team so far, but I also need an Electric, Fairy and Water on my team so I may have to drop one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Right now I'm looking at Chespin line + Aurorus + Talonflame/Charizard + Gardevoir, unless something better turn sup when I play through. Maybe I'll use Froakie line or Blastoise instead.

X
Delphox
Gardevoir
Malamar
Greninja
Hawlucha
Diggersby

So judging from the revelations of the last 2 nights picking a team will be tough. Diggersby looks amazing & I am assuming Normal/Ground for him, an almost certain addition to my 1st run though. Starters are now tough & I'm not sure how to play it so I shall decide on that when we know more

That means my team currently stands at
Starter
Tyrantrum
Talonflame
Diggersby
Gardevoir
Electric/Grass type if starter isn't Chespin
Doublade if Starter is Chespin

my team 1

fenniken
cindaquil
charmander
torchic
chinchar
tepig

team 2

lucario
pickachu
tyrant
flecthling
litleo
noivern

main reserves

Furfrou
Amaura
Oorotto
Helioptile
Skiddo
zoroark
mewtwo
pancham
all eevees
dragonite

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom