• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Pokemon's nicknames

Fennekin: Vulcan (male) Vesta (female) - both are Roman deities related to fire
Swirlix: Sugar Rush
Honedge: Kusanagi (famous Japanese sword)
Goomy: Melty (it looks like it's melting!)

Last edited:
The only nicknames I know are the nicknames for the Pokemon I always use that I have planned.
Blastoise - Takihoe
Mismagius - MiriYume
Gardevoir - Eregami
Raichu - Rai.P.26
Hitmonchan - Sukoso
Dragonite - Orenagon

Obviously none of those are Gen 6 Pokemon, so I'll just do what I do for every other Pokemon I capture. Make up the name as I catch it.
Except Xerneas. Normally, I don't nickname legendary Pokemon, but Xerneas maaaaay be called SuperBambi. if that even fits '^^

The only nicknames I know are the nicknames for the Pokemon I always use that I have planned.
Blastoise - Takihoe
Mismagius - MiriYume
Gardevoir - Eregami
Raichu - Rai.P.26
Hitmonchan - Sukoso
Dragonite - Orenagon

Obviously none of those are Gen 6 Pokemon, so I'll just do what I do for every other Pokemon I capture. Make up the name as I catch it.
Except Xerneas. Normally, I don't nickname legendary Pokemon, but Xerneas maaaaay be called SuperBambi. if that even fits '^^

SuperBambi is 10 characters; it should fit.

For me, I'll stick to my tradition of having any legendaries I catch keep their names. As for other names, I'm still brainstorming on those I haven't decided names for yet...

I've been thinking about this again lately. Before, like always, I tend to nickname my Pokemon (usually my main team) after what they represent, they're typing, or what their "origins" are (inspiration behind designs, for example). But this time around, I've decided to shake that up a bit. Because of my recent re-visiting to older games, I've decided to name my Pokemon (or at least my main team) after characters from the Breath of Fire series (my all-time favorite series). So that means I'll be searching for specific genders for the Pokemon I select for my main team so I can name them after those characters. Here's a general example of my team nickname idea;

Delphox (female): Nina
Noivern (male): Ryu
Greninja (male): Rei
Gogoat (male): Spar
Aegislash (male): Teepo

And so on...

I find the idea fun, and gives me more "original" nicknames than I usually give to my Pokemon.

I'm not one to nickname, but I'm coming up with a few.
Fennekin->Braixen->Delphox-Hermione
Bunnelby-Cheeky

I'm catching a Swirlix and naming it after my dog in memory of him :3

I'm taking it all the way to the Elite Four and beyond.

I'm catching a Swirlix and naming it after my dog in memory of him :3

I'm taking it all the way to the Elite Four and beyond.

Aww. How sweet :3

Mines for my tentative team is:

Chesnaut-Pride (Tons of people love it now!)

Malamar-Wrath (Kraken is sometimes depicted as Squid. Wrath can be evil. Dark is Evil-Type.)

Sylveon-Lust (We all lusted to know its type, and ears and tail are in vague love heart shapes.)

Snorlax-Gluttony (It's so obvious...)

Aurorus-Envy (It wants a better type ;_;, decent, but not the best.)

Goodra-Greed (Taking up my time to evolve it!)

And as reserves;

Slowbro/king-Sloth (They are slow, and learn Slack Off!)

Xerneas-Saligia (All the first letters of the Latin names of the sins together. Seems fitting with my theme)

I don't normally nickname Pokemon, but I've decided to nickname my Trevenant Orotto because I have just gotten so used to that name by now.

I'm probably going to use wrestling finishers. for now:
Froakie-FrogSplash
Charmander-GreenMist
Tyrunt-ShowStopper
???-CrossFace
???-SharpShooter
???-LionTamer

I might end up changing some as we get closer to release.

I like having a team that cover effectiveness against every gym and elite four member.

Greninja
Talonflame
Aegslash
Heliolisk
Bergmite
Nidoking

I'm not one to nickname, but I'm coming up with a few.
Fennekin->Braixen->Delphox-Hermione
Bunnelby-Cheeky

That is insulting to Hermione Granger.
I have a few too:
Chespin line: Nacho
Talonflame: King Bob
Pangoro: Bamboo Cheif
Tyrantrum: Terry
Sylveon: Dragonslayer

Chespin: Juggernut
Squirtle: Panzer
Helioptile: Sunny
Bergmite: Jack
Goomy: GooU

Chesnaught=Tyto after the mogma from LOZ SS (they have similar hair)
Goodra=Sloogi
Noivern=Slipstream
Florges=Floretta
Tyrantrum=Reznor (after the dinosaur bosses from super mario world)
Pangoro=Bancho

I've decided on a couple of nicknames, finally! :D

Fennekin -- Adelpha
Sylveon -- Arethusa (female) / Khailan (male)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom