• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Your POSITIVE Opinions

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
i have the unpopular (positive) opinion that pokemon games are getter better, albeit it is gradual improvement rather than drastic improvement like some people may some to want.

i get it. pokemon games as a whole has stiff competition from other switch games. i suppose one could argue that was the case somewhat in the handheld days, but it wasn't uncommon for people to buy their nintendo handhelds specifically for pokemon. this indicated, to me at least, that pokemon dominated the handheld sphere, while it doesn't so much when it comes to the switch when there's other more playable games that people compare pokemon games to. and like, i understand. i'm not saying, in the slightest, that pokemon games cannot be criticised. there's absolutely a lot Game Freak can improve upon! but i think there's a significant lack of giving credit where credit is due. we're seeing, at this very moment, that yes, Game Freak is at least open to trying something new, if L:A is evident of the such, and even going so far as getting another studio to develop pokemon games (ILCA in the case of bdsp).

basically, i think there's a lot of not noting progress where it happens. no pokemon game is ever going to be perfect. and people are free to spend whatever they feel their $60+ is best spent, but i've been seeing a lot of melodramatic takes about how the series is doomed or other such negativities while not paying attention or not giving credit at all to where the series did make improvements.

Ihsan997

Reaction score
i have the unpopular (positive) opinion that pokemon games are getter better, albeit it is gradual improvement rather than drastic improvement like some people may some to want.
Wait, that’s unpopular? Because I’ve been playing since Gen 1 (yeah, I’m old), and I agree with you completely.

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Wait, that’s unpopular? Because I’ve been playing since Gen 1 (yeah, I’m old), and I agree with you completely.
you'd be surprised at how much cynicism there is about the general direction pokemon games are going in. u_u

Last edited:

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him

i get it. pokemon games as a whole has stiff competition from other switch games. i suppose one could argue that was the case somewhat in the handheld days, but it wasn't uncommon for people to buy their nintendo handhelds specifically for pokemon. this indicated, to me at least, that pokemon dominated the handheld sphere, while it doesn't so much when it comes to the switch when there's other more playable games that people compare pokemon games to. and like, i understand. i'm not saying, in the slightest, that pokemon games cannot be criticised. there's absolutely a lot Game Freak can improve upon! but i think there's a significant lack of giving credit where credit is due. we're seeing, at this very moment, that yes, Game Freak is at least open to trying something new, if L:A is evident of the such, and even going so far as getting another studio to develop pokemon games (ILCA in the case of bdsp).

basically, i think there's a lot of not noting progress where it happens. no pokemon game is ever going to be perfect. and people are free to spend whatever they feel their $60+ is best spent, but i've been seeing a lot of melodramatic takes about how the series is doomed or other such negativities while not paying attention or not giving credit at all to where the series did make improvements.
Sincerely, I feel the same. I think nostalgia glasses also have a lot to do with this points at Emerald

...Or maybe it's just that I learned to notice the defects of things I liked as a kid.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom