• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your POSITIVE Opinions

i have the unpopular (positive) opinion that pokemon games are getter better, albeit it is gradual improvement rather than drastic improvement like some people may some to want.

i get it. pokemon games as a whole has stiff competition from other switch games. i suppose one could argue that was the case somewhat in the handheld days, but it wasn't uncommon for people to buy their nintendo handhelds specifically for pokemon. this indicated, to me at least, that pokemon dominated the handheld sphere, while it doesn't so much when it comes to the switch when there's other more playable games that people compare pokemon games to. and like, i understand. i'm not saying, in the slightest, that pokemon games cannot be criticised. there's absolutely a lot Game Freak can improve upon! but i think there's a significant lack of giving credit where credit is due. we're seeing, at this very moment, that yes, Game Freak is at least open to trying something new, if L:A is evident of the such, and even going so far as getting another studio to develop pokemon games (ILCA in the case of bdsp).

basically, i think there's a lot of not noting progress where it happens. no pokemon game is ever going to be perfect. and people are free to spend whatever they feel their $60+ is best spent, but i've been seeing a lot of melodramatic takes about how the series is doomed or other such negativities while not paying attention or not giving credit at all to where the series did make improvements.

i have the unpopular (positive) opinion that pokemon games are getter better, albeit it is gradual improvement rather than drastic improvement like some people may some to want.
Wait, that’s unpopular? Because I’ve been playing since Gen 1 (yeah, I’m old), and I agree with you completely.

Wait, that’s unpopular? Because I’ve been playing since Gen 1 (yeah, I’m old), and I agree with you completely.
you'd be surprised at how much cynicism there is about the general direction pokemon games are going in. u_u

Last edited:

i get it. pokemon games as a whole has stiff competition from other switch games. i suppose one could argue that was the case somewhat in the handheld days, but it wasn't uncommon for people to buy their nintendo handhelds specifically for pokemon. this indicated, to me at least, that pokemon dominated the handheld sphere, while it doesn't so much when it comes to the switch when there's other more playable games that people compare pokemon games to. and like, i understand. i'm not saying, in the slightest, that pokemon games cannot be criticised. there's absolutely a lot Game Freak can improve upon! but i think there's a significant lack of giving credit where credit is due. we're seeing, at this very moment, that yes, Game Freak is at least open to trying something new, if L:A is evident of the such, and even going so far as getting another studio to develop pokemon games (ILCA in the case of bdsp).

basically, i think there's a lot of not noting progress where it happens. no pokemon game is ever going to be perfect. and people are free to spend whatever they feel their $60+ is best spent, but i've been seeing a lot of melodramatic takes about how the series is doomed or other such negativities while not paying attention or not giving credit at all to where the series did make improvements.
Sincerely, I feel the same. I think nostalgia glasses also have a lot to do with this points at Emerald

...Or maybe it's just that I learned to notice the defects of things I liked as a kid.

Positive opinions?

Satoru Iwata had a great impact in Nintendo, the Pkmn games and I'm deeply grateful for playing the games starting with him making possible the inclusion of Kanto in GS.

The Pkmn games helped me get better at English and the introduction of Wi-Fi and the GTS helped to unity the community on a global scale...how I miss the GTS website and the uplifting music it had.
Despite not liking the newer games (Sun/Moon onwards and including these) and abhoring the way the franchise is being handled, I'm still fond of the old material, I get goosebumps when hearing the opening of the original anime and the Pkball still means something to me as the ultimate symbol of the games (despite adhering to Team Plasma's policy of Pkmn liberation!).

Unpopular but positive: I liked Bdsp, I liked Ed Sheeran in the scvi credits, I like Pokémon anime music

Generally positive: Pokémon has so many interesting characters and maybe they’re a bit underdeveloped in some areas, but that gives you (me) a great spot to work off of and develop them further going off of what canon gives you!

Pokémon Legends: Arceus is one of my favorite Pokémon games, and one of my favorite games in general. It was one of the few RPGs where I wanted to get all the Pokémon/collectibles and not just those to help me beat the final boss and get to the ending of the main story.

The whole concept of Ultra Space was very cool. Not to mention Ultra Megalopolis. There’s life in other dimensions. Hello? This should be treated as a bigger thing than it was. I just loved those locations and the Ultra Recon Squad.

Infinite TM’s was a positive thing from BW. The Pokemon World tournament in BW2 is amazing and one of the best things in pokemon, period. Bringing back all the gym leaders, champions and elite four members was such a full circle moment.

I just love the older aesthetic of pokemon Emerald, it’s charming and beautiful.

Pokemon battles in Gale of Darkness & Battle Revolution felt so grand & epic. I think the design of the colosseums+music was the perfect combo. Not to mention the iconic announcer from Revolution.

Back
Top Bottom