• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your queer Pokémon headcanons?

Rei (as a protagonist) is nonbinary, though they would have a bit of trouble explaining this to the people in Legend Arceus-era. I came up with this headcanon after having them in the white ponytail hairstyle. Arezu and Akari are the only people who knows this about Rei.
This one does bring up some interesting ideas of how different cultures and different time periods in the Pokémon world would see gender. (Insert eyes emoji because now I’m going to be thinking about it)

I agree with a lot of the headcanons that are already in here such as Lillie being bi, Flint and Volkner, Wallace and Steven.

There are two ships that I used to love back in the day though and that are canon in my head:

Blue (also known as Green) and Red. They are obviously on a little honey moon in Sun and Moon, nobody can convince me otherwise. I think they were my first ship ever, and while I still like it it's not one of my favourites anymore simply because Reds personality in the games being.. blank, and I kinda assume a lot of peoples headcanons for them kinda just bounce off the manga or even Gary and Ash in the anime. That being said it's still a classic.

Then there's Silver and Gold from the adventures manga, which I think is an underrated ship. Gold is a bit of a flirt with everyone I imagine so I def think he's bi or pan. I haven't thought much about Silvers sexuality, I feel like he could be aroace but demi. He's a bit of a grump though so hard to tell. There is a certain chapter in the Emerald saga I believe where Gold holds Silvers hand as he and the others are frozen solid and promises he'll free them. Other than that they generally have a bit of a friendly rivalry that grows into deep respect and admiration for eachother as time goes by. it's been a while since I read Adventures but it's a ship that I hold close to my heart.

And finally, Jessie and James are definitely part of the LGBT+ community one way or another. They seem like they're both genderfluid but also either a lesbian/gay friend duo or a bi couple. I think either headcanon fits.

ohh i have so many!
  • marnie is a trans lesbian, gloria is pan, and they're gfs
  • wallace is omni (m lean) and steven is bi and they're married
  • penny is a trans girl questioning her sexuality (i like to see her as ace and panro)
  • dendra is a lesbian, tulip is trans and bi, and miriam is pan and they're in a polycule
  • gladion is an aroace trans man
  • jessie and james are t4t bi4bi
  • raihan is gay and leon is bi, and they too are dating
  • nemona is omni with a fem lean
  • arven is a gay demiboy
  • elesa is a lesbian. i feel like there is a lot actually supporting this in canon (after all i don't think any character in this series will ever be hard confirmed as queer, so i think she's one of the closest things we're gonna get).
  • so is sabrina (ace lesbian)
  • barry is nonbinary
  • grusha is transfem (she/they)
  • rika is a nonbinary lesbian
  • lance is a trans man
  • blue is trans and gay and dating red, who is bi
  • silver is bi but will probably never come out to anyone except maybe the protagonist. (who he falls in love with towards the end of the game, i will die on that hill)
  • morty is a trans man
  • volo is nonbinary and aromantic
  • hassel and brassius are both trans and gay. and married
  • n is demisexual and panromantic
  • bugsy and will are some flavor of genderqueer
  • anabel is a transfem demigirl
this isn't even half of it, just what i recall rn

Paldea is very very gay, that’s all

Okay I have more to say:

• My silly little headcanon since their reveal is that Florian/Juliana is bigender and genderfluid (he/she). Why do the two look so similar? Obviously because the two are one in the same.
  • Nemona gave me hella gay vibes when I played the game. I think her dialogue is the same regardless of the player’s gender, which sounds hella pansexual.
  • Arven is trans male and he works at Subway
  • Penny always gave me trans/enby vibes. Maybe transfem nonbinary (she/they).
  • Geeta is demisexual.
  • Grusha is transmasc (he/him), but in a lot of ways he feels femme? But also he learns that he owes nothing to anyone and embraces it.
  • Iono is a trans girl (she/her).
  • Larry is a closeted gay in a marriage of convenience. Eventually, he comes out and forms a relationship with Brassius (gay) and Hassel (aromantic homosexual)
  • Tulip is a bisexual trans woman, and she's dating Salvatore, a bisexual man.
  • I waver on Dendra/Miriam and Miriam/Raifort so uhhhh screw it. Lesbian Polycule.
  • Katy is asexual, maybe aromantic. Probably more interested in helping her friends with their romances than pursuing it herself. Supportive Mum to AllTM.
  • Kofu is straight or bi with a female lean. It's not really something that he thinks about a lot.
  • Ryme is demisexual.

arven working at subway is the best shit ive ever heard
ok i have a few more
  • nessa is a lesbian and sonia is her transbian gf
  • mallow is ace and panro
  • mina is genderfluid
  • guzma is transhet and plumeria is his demigirl lesbian best friend
  • bea is transmasc (not necessarily a trans man) and aro lesbian
  • acerola, also agender
  • jacq is a bi trans man (he/they)
  • volkner is pan, flint is gay, and they're husbands
  • never watched the anime but i know enough about it to subscribe to aroace ash
  • whitney is omni with an f lean
  • maxie is gay and archie is bi with an m lean and they're married. at least now
  • hilda is trans. what kind of trans, i dont know, but incredibly cisn't
  • to add on to my other n headcanon... ive been considering transneutral n?
  • lenora is bi
  • daimikunagi canon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Paldea is very very gay, that’s all
Yes! Yes it is!

Here are some of my personal SV headcanons as of 06/09/2023 (d/m/y). (gonna keep it to the main lot and the star bosses in order to keep it brief)
  • Juliana is pan
  • Florian is bi with a male lean
  • Penny is trans (of course), and is demisexual.
  • Nemona I used to headcanon as straight, but I'm leaning more towards bi or pan these days.
  • Arven is also pan
  • Giacomo is ace and biromantic
  • Mela is bi with a female lean
  • Atticus is genderfluid and bi
  • Ortega is gay
  • Eri is a lesbian, and absolutely dating Carmen
I do have a lot more, but I'd be here all day if I was to list everyone.

ok i have!! more!!! because pokemon is very gay ^^

• mela, eri, and carmen are all lesbians and eri is dating them both (mela and carmen aren't dating but are good friends)
  • wally is aroace which he doesn't know yet but will realize in a few years
  • brendan and may are bi with het leans
  • rika is a trans woman and a lesbian. i kinda like imagining her with she/they/it pronouns
  • hm the rest of team star. atticus is genderfluid (look at their outfit literally) and arospec pansexual, giacomo is biromantic ace, and ortega is a trans gay guy (i like to think he's attracted to men and enbies but not women)
  • someone mentioned fantina having transitioned from tucker and i believe this wholly. always thought fantina was transfem af
  • sex-repulsed aroace genderqueer lucian :x
  • agender eusine
  • katy is very openly lesbian (for someone who isnt a lesbian i feel like i have a lot of lesbian headcanons but whatever), which shocks some people when they find out
  • after some back and forthing i think whitney is more lesbian than omni, but i think sabrina is more bi (also lesbian erika. her, elesa, and whitney are the big three of lesbian-coded pokemon game characters imo)
  • brigitte (the box ruby and sapphire lady) is trans
  • i'm not sure of her sexuality but i like he/she maylene
  • lorelei is abrosexual
  • jasmine is trans and homoflexible (and desperately in love with the unfortunately clueless whitney) (who likes her back but doesn't know that either!)
  • surge is the one character i actually think is cishet but he has the progress flag and "protect trans kids" flags outside of his house right next to his american flag and actively advocates for lgbtq rights ^^
  • brock is right there with guzma as the local transhet kings of the series
  • and game-dawn (anime dawn is bi and dating zoey who is a trans lesbian) and karen are the transhet queens
  • caitlin, marshal, shauntal, and grimsley are all mspec (marshal and grimsley are bi, shauntal and caitlin are pan) and poly and dating each other. caitlin is also dating cynthia who is also bi with a fem lean
this will definitely be updated again but i wanted a place to write these down

Here are characters I can see being gay/lesbian/bi, only going for the first four generations. Please note that I don't know enough about the other abbreviations to insert them into the mix, so I'm keeping it simple for this list :

Erika - Bi at least.
Lorelei - Lesbian after meeting Glacia. Both are dating.
Whitney - Bi. Has a type for cute-looking people.
Clair - Bi at least.
Courtney (original RSE) - Bi at the very least, leaning more towards lesbian.
Winona - Lesbian. For whom... I don't know.
Glacia - Once straight, but entertained the idea of dating a lady and is happy to have made that decision. See Lorelei above.
Gardenia - Lesbian. Is dating Cheryl after they attempted to face the fear of the Old Chateau and ended up fleeing anyway.
Cheryl - See above.
Maylene - Bi. She discovered this after watching a Battle Frontier battle and seeing Greta for the first time. Is dating Candice.
Candice - Lesbian. Is dating Maylene.
Fantina - Bi. Has a type for jokesters (those who have read Pokémon Adventures will get it).

Bugsy - Bi, though it would be a late realization on his part (as in, some time after GSC / HGSS).
Will - Gay. The costume he wears is only for his job at the Elite Four, and dresses formally otherwise.
Wallace - Gay. I mean, everybody subscribed to that idea, so why would I deny it lmao

Saturn - While heterosexual at first, his girlfriend became a trans male, and Saturn ends up gay through a technicality. He's not bothered by this.
Jupiter - Would have been in the "lady" spoiler if not for that headcanon. Gay.

Will I do a part for Gen 5 and above ? Who knows, I'm only familiar enough with the games up to X&Y and then Legends Arceus. We'll see.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 9.58.53 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-28 9.59.35 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-28 9.59.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-28 10.00.13 AM.png
yeah sorry this took four images, the original file was too large to upload. (damn this took me way too long... not the actual headcanon part, but the act of putting each character in their tier bc i'm on pc)
random shit below the cut:
  • plumeria is cis but a lesbian, and guzma is straight but trans, but whenever plumeria comes across a transphobe she beats them up + whenever guzma comes across a homophobe he beats them up in solidarity with one another. especially if they have the gall to pick on any of their queer grunts. they would really not take kindly to that.
  • if you're wondering what da grusha doin, i hc grusha as a trans woman
  • mars, jupiter, cyrus, and saturn are absent, but i hc mars as lesbian, jupiter and cyrus as aroace, and saturn as heteroflexible (so "other" in this list)
  • red and blue are on their honeymoon in alola jsyk
  • also elesa and skyla get married exactly 2.31 years after the end of b2w2, i'm best friends with elesa irl and she told me this
  • of course giovanni isnt homophobic, he leads team RAINBOW rocket. silver just thinks he wouldn't be okay with it because of his bad experiences with his father
  • > also ethan and kris and lyra WILL make silver accept himself and his identity
the Gender List may be made sometime, if any of you want my more detailed hcs for any character i'm more than happy to oblige lmao

• of course giovanni isnt homophobic, he leads team RAINBOW rocket. silver just thinks he wouldn't be okay with it because of his bad experiences with his father
I can just imagine the exchange. "Oh son, I don't hate you for being gay. I hate you for undermining my organization like an ungrateful little twerp. There's a difference."

Adding my head canons to this + pronouns bc why not
  • Jacq, Bisexual transmasc (He/They) and Larry also trans and gay (He/Him) (they’re dating, how? uhh headcanon magic)
  • Rika, lesbian icon. She/Her
  • Marlon trans, demiboy and pansexual. He/They
  • Ryme yet another lesbian icon. She/Her
  • Barry/Bianca, transfem pansexual. She/Her
  • Laventon, bisexual. He/Him
  • Kamado, closeted gay man. He/Him
  • Red, aromantic and bisexual. He/They
  • Blue (Green) bi icon. He/They
  • Roxie, demigirl lesbian. She/Her
  • Erika, aroace. She/Her
  • Bugsy, gender? I hardly know her! Genderqueer. They/He
  • Burgh, gay. He /Him
  • Iono, cis lesbian but will absolutely destroy transphobes. She/They
  • Hassel and Brassius are a gay couple. He/Him and He/They
  • Leon, bi and dating Raihan, gay and trans. He/Him and He/him
  • Diantha, lesbian. She/Her

honestly pokemon is one of those series where i can see the vast majority of major characters being queer in some form, if i had to list all of the ones i think that way for i'd be here for like nine hours and five of those would be dedicated to rereading my list to make sure i don't say any names twice

honestly pokemon is one of those series where i can see the vast majority of major characters being queer in some form, if i had to list all of the ones i think that way for i'd be here for like nine hours and five of those would be dedicated to rereading my list to make sure i don't say any names twice
Do what I do: one region at a time and forget what order you're doing the regions in

Do what I do: one region at a time and forget what order you're doing the regions in
maybe i will... maybe i will
and i'll do them in reverse order too since i don't think about kanto and johto nyearly as much as like every friend i have who likes pokemon and the sooner i can talk about how insanely and obviously gay paldea is the better

did somebody say lgbt headcanons? because. i definitely think of zero crew as a polycule. juliana is bi/pan and dating nemona, penny, and arven. penny is trans and a lesbian and is dating nemona (who is also a lesbian). also carmine and nemona are defo gfs and idk how nobody else has said this yet

Back
Top Bottom