• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your regular team in Sun and Moon

I gave all my main team (sans Silvally) a Hawaiian word as a name.

Ahi the Incineroar - Ahi means "fire".
Tod the Silvally - got in a trade from the awesome Inlé.
Manu the Skarmory - Manu means "bird".
Maluhia the Minior - Maluhia means "laid-back".
Akahai the Comfey - Akahai means "kindness".
Niho the Komoo-o - Niho means "tooth".

Note my names were taken from online dictionaries, so if one of the names are wrong, I can fix it. :V

My team was
Decidueye (Deadshot)
Mudsdale (Penelope)
Lanturn (Sebastian)
Sylveon (Corra)
Pangoro (Jett)
Arcanine (Arcadia)

I wanted to use more gen 7 Pokemon, but I was having a really hard time finding a balanced team because of Decidueye, and a water Pokemon that I actually wanted to use. (I didn't want to use any water Gen 1 pokemon at all).

Main game team Sun:

• Decidueye
  • Arcanine
  • Lycanroc
  • Golisopod
  • Krookodile
  • Kommo-o
have been busy for a while, but I'm currently training a Pikachu, Brionne, Torrocat, Vulpix and Fomantis for my Post game playthrough. (adding Type: Null later)

I forgot to update you guys.

I received an Alakazam via trade from a member here.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I went full Ash in Best Wishes and had a rotation because I couldn't decide on which Alola Pokemon to have and I wanted a full Alola team. Bold ones was my Elite 4 team:

* Incineroar
* Toucannon

* Ribombee
* Mudsdale
* Salazzle
* Vikavolt

* Sylveon (Ally Poke for Eevee and I HAD to catch it)
* Araquanid
* Tsareena

The team I beat the League with, in the order I got them:

Decidueye (Leaf Blade/Spirit Shackle/Brave Bird/varies; item varies)
Toucannon (Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Beak Blast/Return; item varies)
Ash-Greninja (Water Shuriken/Aerial Ace/Extrasensory/Dark Pulse; item varies)
Dugtrio (Alolan) (Earthquake/Iron Head/I don't remember the rest; item varies)
Wishiwashi (Hydro Pump/Brine/I don't remember the rest; item varies)
Solgaleo (nicknamed Nebby) (Sunsteel Strike/Crunch/Flare Blitz/Wild Charge; item varies)

My current regular team includes Decidueye (with the fourth move mostly as False Swipe when I catch Pokemon), Ash-Greninja and sometimes Solgaleo. It also regularly has:

Xurkitree (Hypnosis/Thunderbolt/I don't remember the rest; item varies)
Pheromosa (Brick Break/Lunge/Bug Buzz/I don't remember; item varies)

Final team was:
Incineroar
Shiinotic
Araquanid
Palossand
Toucannon
Solgaleo

Wanted to use native Alolan mons for this playthrough, but had more trouble finding them than I would have liked (but that's a rant for another thread). I was plagued by indecision for some reason so only kept three permanent mons on the team until the last trial, and didn't choose the rest of my team until just before the league. Didn't want to resort to using a legendary but at that point I just wanted to beat the game and reach post-game already.

Changed a few important things in my "team" a bit earlier today.
Basically I now have Necrozma and Greninja which are capable of sweeping the entire League rematches (and every other non-Battle Tree match) just by themselves, leaving me 4 slots of Pokemon I can grind experince for, while grinding money at the same time.

Necrozma (Psychic/Dark Pulse/Brick Break/Smart Strike, holding Amulet Coin and always leading)
Greninja (Surf/Ice Beam/Extrasensory/Dark Pulse, holding Waterium Z or Darkinium Z (Acerola) )

I should check Necrozma's moveset more, since I did that with Greninja; didn't realize how weak Water Shuriken/Aerial Ace were compared to other TM options at this point.

I still have Decidueye for False Swipe and Xurkitree for Hypnosis to help with catching, but I'm basically dropping Pheromosa and Solgaleo as main battlers, just like Dugtrio, Toucannon and Wishiwashi before them.

Pokémon Sun team:

Decidueye
Incineroar
Primarina
Toucannon
Vikavolt
Kommo-o

I had Vulpix-A for a while but I replaced her with Jangmo-o as soon as I caught the latter. I didn't want to evolve it because I wanted to use my Ice Stone on a competitive Ninetales-A I thought about breeding post-game, so obviously she started falling behind. I did eventually breed the Ninetales, and I used her in combination with Lycanroc Midday for the UB quest, which was nice. And yes, I know I can farm for more Ice Stones, but I don't have the patience for that.

On to the team itself: Decidueye was my ace. She rocked everything that needed to be rocked and then some. Toucannon wasn't far behind. Fun fact, I wasn't even going to use that Toucannon, but she was my fourth wild encounter in the game as a Pikipek, and she was a freaking Shiny! So yeah, obviously she had to go in my party. Skill Link Fury Attack, Bullet Seed, and eventually Rock Blast were awesome, but it was Beak Blast that made me really fall in love. She's now tied with Noctowl and Swellow as my favorite regional bird. Sorry Pidgeot.

Kommo-o was a little disappointing. I guess I was expecting more out of a pseudo legendary, since I'd had such amazing experiences with Dragonite and Tyranitar before. It didn't help that he came at such a late point in the game. I didn't get to spend as much time with him as much as I would've liked and maybe that affected my perception. Charjabug surprisingly held his own during most of the campaign. To the point that when it finally evolved into Vikavolt, I could swear it got worse.

I made the mistake of using traded Incineroar and Primarina in my party, which meant that they leveled up much faster than the rest of the team, and also that if I trained them too much they'd stop obeying. As such, they were probably my least used Pokémon. I don't think I can accurately gauge how well they perform since they saw so little combat, though from what I could glean, Primarina was far more useful. Maybe it's just me.

It should also be noted that joining Ninetales-A and Lycanroc Midday on my post game adventure was my shiny Venusaur who'd migrated all the way from LeafGreen version (thank you pokebank.) he's absolutely my ace of aces, he's been through literally every region with me -twice in the cases of Unova and Hoenm, thrice if you count HGSS Kanto- and is level 100 and EV trained with a positive nature (which wasn't easy to get.) he joined the team as backup in case the UB's were too much for Ninetales and Lycanroc. Luckily they were able to handle most of them by themselves. And yeah, I did get the Mega Stone from the battle tree, so now my main man Venu is ready to kick some ass!

Last edited:
My team for the league was:

Primarina
Ribombee
Jolteon
Pallosand
Goodra
Bewear

I also used Snorlax and Toucannon but replaced them later on.

If it's possible to get ribbons for subsequent wins against the Elite Four (and eventually defeating the poor sap who wanted to be the champion by defeating me), I'll have to pick someone else to take Nebby's spot.

I used a lot of the new Pokemon, but later on I didn't have the patience to catch the rare ones. My final team ended up being:
- Incineroar
- Toucannon
- Lycanroc
- Passimian
- Kommo-o (Physical-based, but as I later found out, had terrible attack IVs)
- Solgaleo (Used an Abra to get Adamant :D)

For my initial playthrough of Moon I ran
-Decidueye
-Ribombee
-Araquanid
-A-Raichu
-Palossand
-Kommo-o

Held onto a Charjabug for a very long time just because there wasn't really anything I wanted to replace it with until Kommo-o, which itself ended up being a huge letdown. I'd originally planned for Golisopod instead of Araquanid but bailed because of its ability. Ended up loving the power Araquanid had, so was glad about that decision.

Sun:
-Primarina
-A-Golem
-Bewear
-Drampa
-Mimikyu
-Salazzle

Bewear and Mimikyu were the clear standouts, Salazzle wasn't half bad either. Drampa and Primarina were fine for a playthrough but didn't seem like they'd be great beyond that, and Golem was a bit of a hassle.

Now that I can do run through v2, this is the team I have thus far I'll have for my second play through of Sun:

Pikachu (bred, knows Volt Tackle)
Litten (bred)
Popplio (bred)
Rowlet (chose as starter)
Mimikyu (bred)

Rowlet is much slower than I thought it would be.

• Litten → Torracat → Incineroar
• Pikipek → Trumbeak → Toucannon
• Eevee → Vaporeon
• Misdreavus → Mismagius
• Munchlax → Snorlax

Still looking for a 6th to add to my team before it's finalized. :c

My lovely team was:
Rowlet -> Dartrix -> Decidueye
Pichu -> Pikachu -> Alolan Raichu
Litten -> Torracat -> Incineroar (I got him from a random WonderTrade, and just felt compelled to keep him)
Rockruff -> Midday Lycanroc
Egg -> Eevee -> Slyveon
Egg -> Goomy -> Sliggoo -> Goodra

Post Game:
Type: Null -> Silvally (Swapped for Lycanroc and was used to help catch the Ultra Beasts)

Special Mention:
Munchlax -> Snorlax (Decided to relax on Poke Pelago after adventures on Akala Island were completed; came back for the Post Game, rotating with my current party)

Primarina (Faygo)
Raticate (Ludwig) ♂
Ariados (Saliveb) ♀
Lurantis (Cheriari ♀
Minior (Sugarnova) (Purple)
Araquanid (Fizzina) ♀

I was going to add a seventh member and rotate but ultimately I decided that I didn't feel like it this time

ngl it was kind of a shitty team
cheriari and saliveb in particular were really mediocre, I even found out post game that saliveb has like 0/12/15 defensive IVs which explains some of it. Ludwig missed all the time but besides that I suppose he was okay. Sugarnova's shields down made it really passive most of the time which was a tad annoying. And faygo didn't make up for the team's lack of bulk as much as she should have since I was dumb and made the mistake of settling for a -sp. defense nature. Fizzina was probably the member with the least problems, at least after she got liquidation since her adamant nature did scald no favors. I remember having the move on her for all on poni island and possibly a bit earlier, I'm confused how that happened since she learns it at level 57. Did I trade her to a friend to teach the move? Huh.

I'm complaining here but I still love my crew regardless of how well they performed. It's in game, and in a game as easy as pokemon it's silly to make a big deal of viability, unless you're a speedrunner.

Moon:
Incineroar
Slowbro
Tsareena
Kommo-o
Mimikyu
Magnezone
Still pondering on what my Sun team would be.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom