• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Review?

I haven't been looking at every feature of the games, but is there a Battle Tower or Frontier like thing you can do after the game? Those always add quite a bit of post-game time.

I haven't been looking at every feature of the games, but is there a Battle Tower or Frontier like thing you can do after the game? Those always add quite a bit of post-game time.

There is the Battle Subway. Essentially, it's the equivalent of the Battle Tower and its works in the same way, only there are a bit more features to it. But it's no Battle Frontier.

So has B/W lived up to your expectations?

So now that the games have been released and everyone has got used to them have the games lived up to your expectations?

For me personally, yes they have, for starters the designs for the Pokemon in my opinion have been amazing, they are a vast improvement over D/P/P's Pokemon (which I loved alot so that is saying something), I love how the designs are more animalistic and how they appeal to a vast group of fans. The new characters are both interesting and look great. I love new additions such as seasons and Pokemon Musicals are a great follow up to Pokemon Contests. New features such as the Wi-Fi additions have also impressed me and I love that the storyline is more complex than previous generations. The Pokemon Dream World is also a great addition.

So, have they lived up to your expectations?

Re: So has B/W lived up to your expectations?

They lived up and succeeded everything I hoped for. Black/White are my favorite Pokemon games thus far and It's going to stay that way for a while. This is the first time ever where I could actually like every single Pokemon in it's own way, which is saying something. Because usually I only have a select few favorites, whereas in Isshu there's no Pokemon I really don't like.

So yes, it did. B/W is what D/P/PT should've been when Pokemon came to the DS. D/P/PT is not unimportant because of that now, but it really did provide the way into something way better for me.

The new Pokémon have definitely lived up to the hype, as has the story. The only part of the game that I can say hasn't is the Isshu region itself. After being introduced to the games by a video of Huin City, and to later find out that it was a one-time gimmick...wasn't very nice. Huin City is actually really tiny.

Also, the Global Link, while a great idea in theory, doesn't work too well in practice. Connecting to it is a pain, as is maintaining said connection. Then there's the traffic...

Still, best in the series I say.

It has lived up to my exceptations i liked how the story is kind of connected to all the Gym leaders (except the first). I also like dream world. That what really impressed me.(even though i didnt try it) it like playing gold and silver again. The use of the 3-D on the DS is really improved too. Also i liked how there was a full new amount of pokemon.

i liked how the story is kind of connected to all the Gym leaders (except the first).

Ha ha, I've heard speculation that the reason why the waiter trio rarely show up later is because
they're the Dark Trinity of Team Plasma
. Which would make complete sense. Really. They don't show up with everyone else at the end, right?

I've not played the game myself, but I did indulge myself and read the script that Rusty Shackleford linked here to earlier. And though it could of course be better, I loved it: the best of the series by far.

I don't care about whether the Pokémon are nice or not: I'll find a way to love them all once I see their Sugimori art, as with all 493 others.

No. But then again, I don't own either yet.

The main problem I have is connectivity with the 4th Gen. While all of them are DS, they aren't backwards compatible. This makes sense for 2nd to 3rd Gen, because Gamefreak revamped the system so much. But as far as I know, thats not the case with Black and White. Trading over to Black and White is as permanent as trading from the 3rd Gen to 4th. That is hateful to me and the fans.

And theres the items thing. Would it be so hard as to make it possible to trade items, just not TMs? I doubt it. Gamefreak made a Jirachi who knew Draco Meteor (who isn't a Dragon Pokemon if you didn't know). A now have 5 Masterballs to waste, even though I already have all the legendaries. This is stupid. Gamefreak are (is?) being a bunch of British cigarettes.

Other than compatibility, I don't have any problems with them so far. Though the Pokemon designs aren't my favorite this Gen. Kyurem sucks.

For the most part, I love Black/White. It's like the way Ruby and Sapphire should of been made while referencing past games like D/P.

10000000 Out of Freakin 10.

It is one of the best Pokemon Games ever! I love it, with its epic graphics and awesome pokemon.

I'm only in Karakusa Town (still D8; work eats up all my free time), but I've seen videos, the Pokemon, scripts, and the story. I know this game is currently the best Pokemon game out there next to Platinum and Emerald! 8D

And to people complaining about the lack of places to train for the E4...oh gee, didn't the "totally bestest best" Pokemon game of all time have this problem? -cough-GSCandHGSS-cough-hack-

For me, this game gets a total 99.9%! That .01%? What bugs me is no ability to name your rivals. D8 I wanted to "traditional gender-flip" the names here, and call Bel "Black" and Cheren "White" like I do the main heroes. fffff ah, well...

Last edited:
And to people complaining about the lack of places to train for the E4...oh gee, didn't the "totally bestest best" Pokemon game of all time have this problem? -cough-GSCandHGSS-cough-hack-

This isn't an issue because you can bulldoze the E4 with underleveled Pokemon in any game (ESPECIALLY GSC/HGSS). You can be like 5 levels lower, but as long as you have the type advantage (or a Pokemon like Heracross and Garchomp).

My team was between levels 43-45 when I beat the E4 in HGSS. I had my team at 57-60 when I beat Platinum's E4. To be fair I did some grinding and lost 5 times before I could win. People need to stop whining about no training spots before the Elite Four. The training spot is the Elite Four! Take your losses like a man until you level up and win.

It was pretty good, but I'll give it an 9/10. The region wasn't as cool looking as I expected it to be, and there isn't really much to do after you complete the game, like there is no Battle Frontier or something. Also, it's harder to train in this game for some reason.

It was cool how they made the sprites full body sprites, and they moved. Some of the areas were interesting, though, like the Underwater Ruins and Kagome Town.

con
- new exp system
- no good place to grind pre-victory road.
- koromori is the new zubat
- the starter suck

I take offense to that. Koromori is awesome, especially because it evolves into Kokoromori.

I take offense to that. Koromori is awesome, especially because it evolves into Kokoromori.

It's kinda true though... Koromori is the new Annoying bat... He's cool though but I hae a feeling I'll miss Zubat for some reason...

Koromori isn't that annoying, you don't run into it anywhere near as much as Zubat, the annoying pokemon for many will be the Rock pokemon, Gantoru, because it takes a minimum of 2 hits to beat and is in almost every cave. (Most of the caves are varied a good amount that they don't feel tedious)

I love Pokemon Black and White! New Pokemon, A PURE Flying Legendary, New Gym leaders, another Dragon Gym(love Dragon Pokemon), N with a Legendary, Team Plasma And a Dragon/Ice Legendary Kyurem at LEVEL 75!
Metagross, Tyranitar and Dragonite in the wild, Milotic and others in the wild and all the rest in the game.
Pokemon Black and White Rules. 40/40 or 100/100.

Let me just say after being through the torture in difficulty that was the 4th Gen and Sinnoh, and also slowed down by a lower FPS of 30, I am VERY happy for B/W. Content and speed is what I prefer for many games that I like nowadays. If it has high amounts of content, then it's great, but if it manages to have near perfect frame rate as well, it scores even higher than that. With 649 Pokemon and battles running at 60 FPS with fast animations, AND with improved graphics and DSi compatibility, I got a bit more than I wanted with B/W. In fact, early when the announcement was made, I originally expected a game more like the 4th gen in terms of graphics and I would've been perfectly fine with just that.

Overall:

Pros:
Amazing graphical quality
649 Pokemon
Upcoming bonus downloads and random WiFi just one day away from now
Perfectly balanced gameplay that few can match and provide a lot of content
Online play is free of charge
High quality designs for Pokemon stays fresh even to this day. I NEVER had any major problems before so why should I now?

Cons:
Minor few second delays when a battle is about to start (Hard to notice to some people, so it's not really a problem)
Lack of custom battle rules for WiFi battles over the WiFi Club
Took nearly 1 month before the Global Link was finally about to launch

Score: 10/10

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom