1. Want to talk to fellow Pokémon fans in real time? Join the discussions on our public Discord server!
  2. Here we go again! A new episode of Bulbanews Weekly Roundup can be found on YouTube here.
  3. In case you missed the live streaming of our post E3 Bulbacast episode earlier, you can now watch it on YouTube here.

Your Sexuality

Discussion in 'Support and Advice' started by CherubCookie, Feb 19, 2018.

Voter count: 48
?

What's your sexuality?

1. Straight

19 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Gay/Lesbian/Homosexual

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Bisexual

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Pansexual

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Asexual

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Unsure

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Other (let us know in the thread comments!)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. ~Smugleaf~

~Smugleaf~ Beta Bird

Blog Posts:
    Possibly Asexual. I'm not 100% sure at the moment. I've never experienced sexual attraction before, but who knows, maybe I will in the future?

2. Dolce

Dolce History-Eating Half Beast Social Media Deputy Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    I'm an asexual homoromantic. Took me years to figure it out but honestly I'm a lot happier knowing I understand myself more. :]

yourlilemogirl likes this.
  3. slate

slate how much of a wiggle is a wiggle?

Blog Posts:
    i'm always kind of confused about it. i don't think i understand my orientation very well. i think i'm predominantly attracted to women. i'm not completely closed off to the idea of being with a guy, though. i find some men attractive—at least, a lot more than my straight guy friends typically do—and i don't really feel the urge to suppress those thoughts, although i don't vocalize them. so i typically say i'm either straight or bi. i'm unsure.

i'm not sure if my romantic and sexual orientations are different, but it's something that i try not to think much about, at least for now

4. Glass Joe

Glass Joe France's Glass Jaw

Blog Posts:
    Currently ID as asexual/aromantic, but sometimes I really just don't know.

5. Vaslekib

Vaslekib Hah! Gotcha!

Blog Posts:
    I'm straight, maybe I felt like I was bisexual before but it was just feeling admiration for other boys.

6. Hoodrich_Scrafty

Hoodrich_Scrafty Money, Pokedollars, Respect

Blog Posts:
    Eh, I like women. I also like Trans women to an extent, but I feel like it's something very situational. If the trans woman in question looks'masculine' in any way it's a big turn-off. I hope I don't sound super prejudiced describing this.

7. Feign

Feign Member

Blog Posts:
    Gay. Took me a while to figure out for many reasons including my strict religious upbringing, but once I did things clicked into place. I'm definitely attracted to women, just not sexually.

I'd only ever been in relationships for 3 months at most until my current boyfriend, who I've been with for over 2 years and will probably get married to in the not too distant future. What you said rings incredibly true for me. We still sometimes have very different interests, but he's my best friend at this point and I couldn't imagine life without him. The sexual element is there, but it's the smallest part. It's necessary if you're not asexual or you're going to be miserable, but it's also not the end all, be all people play it up as.

8. Feign

Feign Member

Blog Posts:
    It's not just helping others who are unsure of themselves. It helps alleviate stereotypes so people understand that it's a single aspect of a person and not some unknowable affliction. It does a world of good and I don't think we'd be where we are right now if it wasn't for people like you being open. Activists don't inherently change things. They inspire people who someone previously prejudiced might know. It helps shift things on a personal level.

9. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret VOTE FOR VERMIN SUPREME!

Blog Posts:
    Straight, but seeking an interracial relationship.

10. phidari

phidari I am also a we.

Blog Posts:
    "But" implies some disparity between the two clauses of your sentence. Straight interracial relationships are still straight just like same-gender interracial relationships are still same-gender.

MegaPod likes this.
  11. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret VOTE FOR VERMIN SUPREME!

Blog Posts:
    Good point. I meant to put the word "Specifically" in there somewhere.

12. Crystal Onix

Crystal Onix Gems and such

Blog Posts:
    In the two years since I posted in the other thread, I've become more comfortable with "asexual" as something to describe myself. I still like the idea of having someone there to share my life with, and be cute and do cute couple things.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.