• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your status on Platinum

Shinx3000

Reaction score
Basically like the trainer journal thread, whats your current progress on Platinum?

Mine is that I caught a ponyta, machop and geodude outside orburgh and beat the first gym very easily with a lv 11-13 budew that knows mega drain, stun spore, growth, water sport.

I caught ponyta to help me in the gardinia gym. This is the first time I have had my starter and other pokemon same levels:

Turtwig lv13
Budew lv13
Starley lv6 (needs leveling)
Magikarp lv7(Needs leveling)
Bidoof lv7 (Needs leveling and knows rock smash)
Shinx lv7 (Needs leveling)

Pokedex: Seen 17, Obtained 11

At the moment hmm...(good thread idea by the way)

3 badges

Pokedex seen: 81 owned:59

"Party"
Monferno(Kona) Lv. 28
Grotle(Retasu-or so the hiragana says) Lv.27
Kadabra(Kazza) Lv. 29
Crobat(Lovely) Lv. 27
Roselia(Fire) Lv. 27(going to change to a different pokemon shortly)
Prinplup Lv. 27

Training for my 4th badge at the moment

Last edited:
3 badges...

Monferno lv. 24
Buneary lv. 25
Leafeon lv. 25
Togepi lv. 22
Riolu lv. 32
Kirlia lv. 21

3 badges...

Prinplup (Napoleon) lvl. 30
Luxio (Ozymandias) lvl. 28
Roselia (Rorschach) lvl. 30
Togetic (Spectre) lvl. 30

The last two spots are going to be filled with a Houndour and East Sea Shellos, named Nite Owl and (Dr.)Manhattan, respectively.

lvl 30 Pupitar (Cruz)
lvl 30 Dragonair (Ku)
lvl 27 Munchlax (Bill, still doesn't love me enough to evolve.)
The rest are hm slaves...

I just arrived at Veilstone and I'm on the route just south of there training before attempting the gym.

just got muh 4th badge :7up:

anyone wanna battle? never done it before

I just started my game =]
As of now I have a level 3 starly, a level 7 (female) chimchar, and a level 3 bidoof =]

I will keep the chimchar and starly for my future party*

Progress at this point:
I'm at my 8thbadge and already caught Giranta. My team is a Frosslass, Gardevoir, Empoleon and Gliscor

I have just beaten the Elite Four. My team is:
Raichu lvl 55
Glaceon lvl 55
Scyther lvl 55
Infernape lvl 56
Azumarill lvl 45
Gabite lvl 47

I am only a few pokemon away from completing the Sinnoh Dex. They are Tentacool, Phione, Azelf, Uxie, Dialga, and Palkia.

Have not yet been to the battle island, I want to get the national dex, pokeradar, talk to oak about the three birds, and wrap up everything on the mainland first.

I have a question: on the map, it doesnt show that new area that the pokemon platinum said it would have.. do you have to beat the game to get to it? and right now my pokemon are all basically level 8's =] no badges =[

I've made very little progress. D:

Right now I'm in Eterna Forest. My crappy-ass team is...

Grotle lv 18
Zubat lv 18
Staravia lv 18
Bibarel lv 17
Luxio lv 17
Psyduck lv17

I'm aware that it makes NO sense, but uhh. It'll fix later down the road.

I have a question: on the map, it doesnt show that new area that the pokemon platinum said it would have.. do you have to beat the game to get to it?

Are you talking about Distortion World? It's on top of Mt. Coronet. :D I can't think of any other new areas besides.

I'm all up for discussion but why are all the threads here so generic? It's like every other thread is just a random question about pokemon. "what did you nickname this, how many did you find of that", start to see a pattern?

Anyway to stay on topic, I'm on my 5th badge and breeding some Houndour

I'm all up for discussion but why are all the threads here so generic? It's like every other thread is just a random question about pokemon. "what did you nickname this, how many did you find of that", start to see a pattern?

I think it's 'cause they're the easiest threads to reply to, and we're all lazy. ;D Okay, most of us. Just a theory, though, and all that jazz. [/off-topic]

just got my 4th badge going to train then take down team galactic...stating to get an itch to chain for a shiny though...

My current party:

Monky (Monferno) - Lv. 28
Hawky (Staravia) - Lv. 23
Hoshi (Starmie) - Lv. 26
Feminidae (Mankey) - Lv. 25
Mage (Gengar) - Lv. 25
Beavis (Bibarel) - Lv. 19

I'm in Route 210, with 3 badges, on the way to Veilstone City.

Just caught Giratina and got my 8th gym badge. I'm gonna go poke at the Elite Four for a bit.

lvl 49 Giratina
lvl 47 Infernape (Ember)
lvl 40 Gyarados (Bubbles)
lvl 47 Luxray (Sparky)

... and 2 HM slaves

Ribbons:All ranks on Normal rank.
Badges:8
Battle Frontier Prints: Silver: 4 Gold: 0
Team: Empoleon, Torterra, Houndoom, and Salamance
Sdex: 210 seen 80 Obtained
Ndex: 235 seen 100 Obtained

Last edited:
Just got 6th badge and my team is

Torterra/Destroyer- Lv 37

Blaziken/Flare- Lv 40

Swampert/Muddy- Lv 40

Empoleon/Flood- Lv 37

Venusaur/Leafy- Lv 36

Charizard/Draco- Lv 40

Yeah i know some (if not all) the nicknames are kinda lame but i just came up with them really quick. My real starter is the Torterra and i got all the others at Lv 1 from my other games (D/P/FR) so yeah.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom