• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your status on Platinum

Quick update: I beat Team Galactic, wandered around in Torn World and captured Giratina in my third Dusk Ball. I'm kind of shellshocked. And I want to walk upside down for my entire life. <3

Currently in Snowpoint City. Considering I got the game on Thursday, that isn't bad. My team is:

Torterra (Mr. Turtle)lv43, Impish
Staraptor lv41, Serious
Luxray lv41, Serious
Rapidash lv41, Hardy
Bibarel lv19, Docile
(Riolu Egg) ???

I'm in front of the Sunyshore gym and Ronald McDonald...I mean Flint is there talking to me.

I've been calling him Carrot-Top, but yours is better. :cheers:

I'm level-grinding everyone to fifty in Iron Island. I'm about halfway done (Altaria, Mower!Rotom, and my newly-evolved Infernape are all fifty and everyone else is 45-ish). My brain is about to leak out of my eye sockets, though.

Victory Road (and a beat rival under my belt, so free access to the E4 over the horizon), where I just managed to level up my Torterra from 55 to 59, while poisoned. Yes, four levels and poisoned the entire time, with not a potion or healing item in sight. D: Only reason I stopped leveling was because I ran out of PP.

I now feel so damn accomplished for it. Except I've had the game since it hit the shelves, and only now I've gotten this far. Happy feeling gone.

So currently:

Torterra: 61
Floatzel: 55
Garchomp: low 50's
Staraptor: low 50's
Luxray: mid-50's
Houndoom: 51

..I'd get the numbers, but computer labs aren't the greatest place to whip out a DS when you're trying to do your paper. <.<

Since my last post, I've already got a Marowak, and am now collecting Blue Shards to have it tutored some custom moves.

I still haven't explored all of the Battle Frontier, and have now decided to undertake the daunting task of catching four roamers: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Cresselia.

To do so, I've begun to train a team which would be specialized in catching them: Scizor, to False Swipe them; Hoppip, to evolve into Jumpluff, to put the roamers to sleep; and Wobbuffet, to delay them long enough to catch, hopefully long enough before the Legendary Birds wake and decide to use Roost.

After that, I suppose it's back to Blue Shard-hunting, and training Marowak, then it's off to the E4 for a 2nd victory, using a new team.

Haven't bought the game yet! I live in the UK. Comes out this friday and I can't wait!!!

I still haven't explored all of the Battle Frontier, and have now decided to undertake the daunting task of catching four roamers: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Cresselia.

To do so, I've begun to train a team which would be specialized in catching them: Scizor, to False Swipe them; Hoppip, to evolve into Jumpluff, to put the roamers to sleep; and Wobbuffet, to delay them long enough to catch, hopefully long enough before the Legendary Birds wake and decide to use Roost.

Oh Roost....that's going to be a pain for my strategy. I was originally going to use Haunter who had higher speed stats then them and use mean look but Mesprit was making it too painfully obvious that mean look wasn't enough. So then I came up with my Smeargle strategy. Teach it: Mean Look, Body Slam, Sleep Powder and False Swipe with a Jolly nature so it's speed can get up there. However Smeargle's attack stat sucks so roost is probably going to be a pain for me unless I get it to use up all it's roost PP. I'm probably going to have to have a lot of full restores but Leppa Berries, that's not going to be good. At the very least Mesprit will probably be the easiest to catch in this case. I guess I'll have to capture another Haunter and teach it hypnosis instead of night shade.

Heheh, yeah. Mesprit wasn't much trouble. My Crobat's Mean Look was enough for that. I need to break down my catch strategy for these birds into several steps, it seems...

Heheh, yeah. Mesprit wasn't much trouble. My Crobat's Mean Look was enough for that. I need to break down my catch strategy for these birds into several steps, it seems...

Well I got Mesprit down with Haunter but the balls weren't doing it, and it struggled and knocked itself out, so that's when I basically gave up and did something else. I only thought of Smeargle yesterday so after I get my Smeargle up to like Level 80 (which is going to be a pain first off) then I'll try it. If that doesn't work (with the birds, I'm sure Mesprit will be easy enough with a Level 80 Smeargle) I'll have to try a Haunter with Mean Look, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis and Sludge Bomb.

I really wish I could use Gengar against the birds but I lost my diamond version so I can't trade and evolve. I basically either have to find it, buy another Platinum version (or probably Pearl since I didn't have that one yet) or wait until HGSS come out in the US (which I hope to be done with the birds by then).

I wonder what the best False Swiper would be in this case? Scyther comes to mind, but she'll hate the bird trio's elemental attacks (not to mention Moltres's Air Slash) with a passion. Scizor might be better overall at taking hits and doing sheer damage, but he's even worse than Scyther against the Heat Bird thanks to Flamethrower(and is slower than his prevo).

I wonder what the best False Swiper would be in this case? Scyther comes to mind, but she'll hate the bird trio's elemental attacks (not to mention Moltres's Air Slash) with a passion. Scizor might be better overall at taking hits and doing sheer damage, but he's even worse than Scyther against the Heat Bird thanks to Flamethrower(and is slower than his prevo).

Or just use a modified FEAR Rattata to get the HP down to 1 and then chuck away.

Anyway, my status on Platinum is: Within a Royal Mail truck, eagerly anticipating to be delivered a day earlier than the official release date.

Well, after my exams on Friday, I go and buy Platinum and get Shaymin at the same time. The weekend of gaming approaches.
I know this doesn't count as "My status", but I couldn't help it.

I'm putting together a main water team that will consist of some of my favorites: Milotic <D, Kingdra <], Lapras (Woo!), Articuno (I need a purteh flying type that can learn an offensive water move and fly *kills mantine*), Suicune (my favorite legendary beast; thought fitting), and my Empoleon starter from Platinum

<<]

I am working on a steel team. So far I have:

Scizor - Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Buzz and Iron Head
Metagross@Quick Claw - Psychic, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash and Earthquake
Lucario - Aura Sphere, Metal Claw, Close Combat, Swords Dance
Emploeon@Leftovers - Substitute, Grass Knot, Surf, Blizzard
Skarmory (Keen Eye) - Air Slash, Flash Cannon, Stealth Rock, Spikes
Heatran - Magma Storm, Iron head, Stone Edge, Dig

I assume Heatran can be used in wifi battles?

Anyway, I just need goo uses for this team, so far I only have Emploeon and Metagross, Skarmory and Heatran, need to breed rest if anyone has good stats/natures for them that would sure help. My metagross has 1HKO'd quite a few gengar before with Psychic if its quick claw works

Woot I stayed up till 10:30 on school night but I finally managed to catch all of the roaming legendaries to bad tommarow I'm going to cbe very tired

Well some good news for me, I decided to go to a pawn shop and purchase another Diamond Game. I got to say it was hacked but at the same time awesome. The player had a shiny Beautifly (which wasn't hacked by the way) and he had a Pokemon with Pokerus. I basically infected the Beautifly traded over to my Platinum version, and now I'm in process of infecting everyone one of my Pokemon.

I infected a female Chimchar put it on GTS and I hope to get a Dratini out of it. Since I didn't see the status, won't someone just fall over realizing they have a Pokerus Chimchar.

Just infected my lv 3 syther with Pokerus, want a great scizor and with pokerus+ev training = oh yeah. Then I'll breed ad infect my next pokemon and finish my team and be ready to wifi battle.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom