• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your status on Platinum

I pretty much rushed the game as I really wanted to try the Battle Frontier so:

8 badges
Stark Mountain done
Torterra lv 60
Luxray lv 60
Houndoom lv 60
Floatzel lv 60
Staraptor lv 60
Froslass lv 60

Now I want to EV train some new pokemon and beat up some brains.

Rampardos lv 37, m
Yanmega lv 38, m
Gliscor lv 38, f
Infernape lv 38, m
Togetic lv 38, m

I'm currently training for Pastoria gym. It's a bit hard because all of them are weak either for water or ice. Togetic has the only super-effective move, Shock Wave, but it has to rely on Quick Claw because it's so slow.

I finally managed to get to Silver in the Battle Hall, but unless I figure out a moveset for my Infernape that will OHKO all its weaknesses, and get really lucky in not getting opponents that are too fast, I'm not getting to Gold. And I blew my post-Silver streak continuation in the Arcade, because I just had to try out that shiny new option on the board that I hadn't seen before - which turned out to be Trick Room. :p (I also managed to get my entire team stuck with holding Iron Balls for a couple round earlier.) I'm getting to the point where I'm considering giving my main team a rest and building a special squad for the Frontier, complete with my first time ever EV training.

I'm also considering doing the same as Jima and starting from scratch with another team of six, though I might do that in Diamond instead, since I have at least one member of every non-legendary family to breed from on that card, and I don't wanna bug my friends to help me trade eggs back and forth.

Last edited:
Just began lol

Piplup - Lv.8 - Hasty nature
Starly - Lv.2 - Serious nature

Is there a preferred nature for these two? I can happily restart if necesary.

No, just forget about the damn starter, they're terrible and boring plus, natures are dull and take up a lot of time :)

Opinion not fact. I personally love all three of the starters (even Chimchar/Infernape, which I hated before I used it), and I've been able to use all three quite effectively even without looking for an ideal nature.

One random piece of advice: if you pick Turtwig, the Quick Claw is your best friend. :D

Opinion not fact. I personally love all three of the starters (even Chimchar/Infernape, which I hated before I used it), and I've been able to use all three quite effectively even without looking for an ideal nature.

One random piece of advice: if you pick Turtwig, the Quick Claw is your best friend. :D
Never said they were fact, but imo they are the worst starters I've ever had.

I luuuuuuurve Turtwig! Piplup's okay, and so is Chimchar, but I prefer Turtwig. All the Sinnoh starters are awesome.

Well, surprisingly, I beat the Elite Four today! It took me 18 days, 48:23 play hours and two tries, that's the fastest time I've ever beat a main series Pokemon game!

I pretty much breezed through the four Elites. Ron the Flowsel easily defeated Spiritomb with a few Waterfall-induced flinches, Charley the Infernape blasted through Roserade, Kovu the Luxray stood his ground and gave Milotic a fantastic fight... I brought Yuri the Abomasnow out to fight Garchomp, and though he was too slow and got his ass Flamethrowered, his Snow Warning ability helped me a lot during the rest of the fight. Ron went on and Ice Fanged that Garchomp to an early grave. Then I sent Hermes the Togekiss against his TogeDaddy, and he managed to survive three Shockwaves and deal some serious damage. Remus the Umbreon finished that job. Then Charley went at Lucario (by then I knew I'm going to win), and even though the stupid little thing used Earthquake, Charley managed to cling onto life and with one HP left, she Flame Wheeled Lucario to oblivion. And a Champion am I.

Post-Championship, I already caught a swarming Larvitar and beat Volkner and Flint in the double battle. Jun was useless. But I still freaking love that spaz, I love how he yells "DADDY?!" when Palmer bumps into him after the double battle.

You know, there's a guy in the credits for Platinum, Colin Farrell? He's been my friend for years. I was so excited to see his name in there. =D

My team:

* Infernape (Charley, female, level 57)
* Luxray (Kovu, male, level 56)
* Flowsel (Ron, male, level 57)
* Togekiss (Hermes, male, level 56)
* Umbreon (Remus, male, level 56)
* Abomasnow (Yuri, male, level 55)

Soft reset for a good nature on your starter.

Don't go through the game with a fucked up nature :)

To tell you the truth nature doesnt really matter when playing through the game. All the Gym leaders and Elite four are extremely easy to kill. Its been like this in every single game.

I only bother with IV's and Nature when i do online play.

As for my game play Im now 5 badges in with

Gyarados level 31
Mukrow level 31
Vespiqueen level 30
Heracross level 30
Monferno level 28
Sheildon level 22

Im kinda low levels atm because i got Hera,Vespi,Murkrow at level 1 in the 4th gym so i leveld them up while going to the 5th Gym by battling trainers. It doesnt really matter tho i took the entire 5th Gym out with my Gyarados by itself. Im thinking of dropping Monferno and sheildon.

Snake ? It took you 2 tries to beat the elite 4 with level 57 pokemon ? Man thats pretty bad lol. I usually always fight them with my team in the 40's on these games.

Last edited:
Snake ? It took you 2 tries to beat the elite 4 with level 57 pokemon ? Man thats pretty bad lol. I usually always fight them with my team in the 40's on these games.

Hey, WTF, don't judge me, I tend to overlevel my Pokemon. And on the other hand, most of them have absolute shit Natures and Abilities, and I refuse to teach them any TMs because I'm a cheap bastard.

Hey, I have never beat E4 with my pokemon in 40s, even when I knew what I was doing, high 50s yeah, 40s no.

just reached pastoria

everyone 35 except staraptor

torterra (cott)
monferno( kemun)
prinplup (pingu)
eevee (lunux) won't freaking evolve
staraptor lvl 34 (jeez)

EDIT: is mamoswine a good 6th pokemon?,

should I replace eevee with houndour, and get a gligar?

EDIT2: post #100

Last edited:
I haven't had the game long, I'm up to the third gym. During training I caught my first Pokerus pokemon, a Ralts (now a Kirlia). I didn't realise until I went to the centre to heal. I don't know much about it either 0_0

Team:
Monferno level 28
Luxray level 25
Staravia level 25
Eevee level 25 (still unsure wether to evolve it into Glaceon, Leafeon, or Umbreon. It is female, so breeding another Eevee is an option)
Kirlia level 20
Togepi level 1 (just hatched)

Hey, I have never beat E4 with my pokemon in 40s, even when I knew what I was doing, high 50s yeah, 40s no.
I've had trouble with a mid 40 - early 50's team in some games. Silver/Crystal is another matter, I remember it being a lot easier.

In all the games all my pokemon are usually always like 45 when i fight the elite 4. I usually only have trouble on the Champion because of the level diff. I never breed for natures when i play the game either. I dunno i just thought it was funny it took him 2 tries to beat the elite 4 with pokemon almost level 60. Last time i used one that high i beat the elite four with 2 pokemon . I also dont teach them TM's either.

Why not its funny. Are you going to cry now or something ? Geezus grow up if you cant handle anything as minuute as that ...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom