• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GAME: Your Story/WIP Out of Context

"Okay, so what have we learned?"

The two pokemon exchanged nervous glances. "Um...to believe in yourself?" Froakie suggested.

"To always look over your shoulder?" Fletchling chirped.

"To never stop fighting for what you believe in?"

"To always make sure that the people we meet aren't deranged psychopaths who make kidnapping a sport?"

"To always make sure we have our own version of Team Rocket's motto on hand?"

"To never light Jessie's hair on fire with her own pokemon-"

"No!!!" Pikachu scowled. "Well, okay, yes to some of that, but mostly no!!! Why the hell would you attach an actual bomb to Team Rocket's balloon?!"

"...to rescue you?" Froakie suggested weakly.

Pikachu facepalmed.

From a very early draft of a far-off future chapter of Mirror Adventures (not necessarily A Tragedy of False Smiles):

"Ah, power is a wonderful thing, isn't it?" said Ship, grinning in utter triumph. "This too could be yours, should you make the wise decision and follow me into glory. You are the mother of our legacy, after all, even if the father proved to be unworthy. Now submit to me, and let us restore our people to their full glory! What do you say?"

"I say you can go to hell," replied Meredith.

"Well, at the rate I'm going," said Ship, "I'll probably end up conquering that too..."

"Woman Arrested for Aggravated Stalking of Gym Leader!"

Nori blinked. "Here?" he asked, glancing around. "Volkner?!"

"No, out in Kanto!" Arumi happily presented him with the school newsletter. The article shared the front page with news of the school's closure until next Thursday due to Golden Week. "Twenty-year-old Elena Joule was arrested on Shōwa Day after being found in the Pewter Gym after hours for the fourth time! When they searched her house, they found thousands of pictures of Gym Leader Brock on her hard drive and over fifty-five pieces of fanfiction she'd written about him, over two-thirds of which were erotica!"

Fifty-five?! He remembered this one kid who always wrote about marrying Cynthia in creative writing class. But this was even crazier! He glanced the article over, but found little insight into this person's mind. She declined to give a statement, it seemed.

"The Gym Leader was said to be rethinking his life decisions and was quoted as saying, ‘Ugh, so that’s what it feels like.’" She imitated his voice, although it was probably a poor impression.

Celtic merely replied, “I’m not one for celebrations or parties, you should know that by now. Although the free food is nice.” He then eyed the mug of mead he had been given, “And what am I to do with this? I don’t drink alcohol.”

Skye giggled, “Coming from the guy who can eat Leecha Berries like peanuts. The mead is good. I had some myself, but only a goblet’s worth, as elves get tipsy very easily. You should relax and try it at least this once, as like I said earlier, this village is famous for it. You might not get another chance like this. So give it a whirl, loverboy.”

Celtic sighed and reluctantly picked up the mug. He hesitated before taking a sip, his eyes widening as he did. Skye noticed this and smiled.

“See? It’s good, isn’t it?”

He replied, “Not bad, but still not my thing. Though I can say I do see why their mead is so famous. Still not interested in booze, but I guess I’ll be polite and drink this mug’s worth, since it is their pride and joy. And one doesn’t want to insult an artist’s craft, especially one so famous. But, then again, even Beethoven had his critics. Whatever.”

"So how are you doing?" Nori asked his mentor.

Volkner shook his head in derision. "What do you think?"

Nori studied him and thought about it for a moment. "You're bored, you're getting hit on by people you wouldn't touch with gloves and a meter stick, they're talking about petty social stuff, and they think low windshield fluid is a reason to take their car into the shop?"

"And they all drive minivans," the man added.

[The door] creaks as it swings open, like we’re in a slasher movie and there’s a serial killer waiting to kill two innocent blonde idiots at the bottom of the concrete stairs. I wish this was a slasher movie, because then it wouldn’t be real.

Arumi had initially drawn up a list of nineteen possible subjects to write about this summer. Standouts above the rest included the ongoing saga of a certain Pokemon thief down in Johto, the suspicious overdose of the Scrafty Bastards' lead guitarist, a biography on the new hit rap duo from Sunyshore: A-Jewl and Bakufinity, a piece on the Kannagi Shrine's history and transition to Veilstone City, an exposé on the ever-controversial Keisha A.X. - the "Silent Champ" of Hoenn from 2011-2013, an article going over misconceptions and contradictory stories about Sinnoh's history particularly targeting the story of ‘Hisui,’ concerns about the real estate bubble, the Daikoka family's economic contributions to Sinnoh, or the ever-growing environmental concerns with a focus on groups down in Hoenn.

She was not good at narrowing things down. Oh well, she had time to!

Last edited:
Her breath heaved, uneven and haggard. Shinji knelt before her and grasped her tremulous body by the shoulders. Her blue eyes greyed. Her voice sounded strained and breathless,

Humanity will die,
And the tit
ans will rise,
The beings of space and ti
me will fall,
Exhorting
God from on high,
Usurping the Devil fr
om below,
So the Ol
d Ones may return.

When the Gargathox was just before the village, Dominic drew his sword, stating strongly, “Taste the steel of the Dashing, Dynamic, and Daring Dominic!”

The Gargathox responded by biting his sword, breaking the blade off before eating it, leaving only the hilt and a small chunk of the blade. Dominic’s eyes widened in horror and his face went pale.

“Well, he tasted it,” Nova smirked. “And I think he liked it.”

Back
Top Bottom