• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GAME: Your Story/WIP Out of Context

It all started when I was sixteen. Back then, I was your typical high school jock, better at basketball than at getting good grades, y’know? Honestly, if I were to travel back in time and bump into my younger self in the street, I wouldn’t recognise him.

Nova replied, “It hurts to become stronger, Zeeker. Sometimes the most painful part is wishing that you were this strong back when you needed it most... but weren't. How many lives could one have saved if you had just started sooner? What difference could have been made? It’s a painful feeling, I know. But some things are just simply out of one’s control. And even though it was a horrible experience you learned from it and are making sure to not repeat that mistake. And you’re making amends for your failure by helping us now. We will find a way to win. We will save your fallen friends’ souls. And we will make things right for everyone. For the lives of those who live here. And of those who are still to come. I hate every minute of this fight but I know what needs to be done. And so do you, Zeeker, which is why you took up the fight again even after such a crushing loss and equally crushing survivor’s guilt. That makes you strong. I’m certain your friends can forgive you, especially now that you’re doing everything you can to make up for underestimating your enemy and overestimating your abilities.”

I don't have pretty for the other thread today but I'm still amused by this old snippet. (Luceat Lux Vestra, chapter 9.)

However, Alfa stands at his place, staring at the mansion with intent. Luca raises an eyebrow at this, and when they are about to say something to him, he says, "Child of Light, I can sense one of my Plates inside this building."

"In here? Really? Then, Chopin!" A call and a loud whistle, and the Noctowl flies back toward his trainer. He returns inside the Poké Ball as a red light envelopes him. "Okay, let's get going, then. The sun is setting, and I want to leave this forest before it gets dark."

"You have to go without me, Child of Light," says Alfa. Luca, who already has one leg over a broken fence, looks back at him with a clear expression of disbelief. He continues, "This building is populated by spiritual beings, and my presence can be overwhelming for such creatures. If I had a particular Plate, I could wear the same shroud as them, but I suspect it is that very Plate that sleeps in this building…."

Luca stares hard at Alfa before muttering, "…Useless god."

"Hear, now. I merely have no desire to disturb my subjects."

“Fight, fight, fight! Ah, I love a good ol’ scuffle. After all, the only thing better than a fight is beer! Hahaha!”

Oakley tossed her a funny look. “Aren’t you like…underage?”

“Age is just a number!” Esther said happily, causing Oakley to slowly turn his head away.

Nina brushed some hair out of her face, saying, “Well I’m glad to know that we’re not alone in feeling like Queen Maria needs to lighten up a bit. What will it take for her to learn that micromanaging things will only cause conflict and issues with everyone, including her allies?”

“Probably nothing short of an attack on the capital,” Nova said bitterly.

Just then another guard shouted, “An Undead Army platoon is heading our way!”

“…Me and my big mouth…” he groaned.

"Uh, hello, soldier!" Tegne exclaimed explosively. Various words had been exaggerated for emphasis. "We're not letting you go just yet!"

(This chapter is done but it's not yet published so i could anything unpublished as a wip).

a compilation of out of context bits from that whole thing i'm writing on beyblade v-force:

"...and i'm just like. yeah whatever and it REALLY DOESN'T HELP when giant enemy crab moment."

"I MENTIONED BORG EARLIER LET'S TALK ABOUT THEM AGAIN! so yeah one thing i noticed REALLY quickly is that psykick.. really seems like it's trying to be borg 2: the borgening, or at the very least the writers wanted to revisit some old concepts but couldn't find a way to work borg into it. i swear to god if i have to say the word borg one more time in this paragraph i'm gonna flip my shit literally up there with morb in terms of things that will drive you insane if you say them enough times ANYWAY!!!"

"...the first warning sign was her lack of fucked up anime hair"

"...during his match with goku WHAT THE FUCK I SWEAR I TYPED GOKI AHEM."

"...in a tone of voice akin to "TOP 10 EPIC FORTNITE FAILS CAUGHT LIVE ON CAMERA!!!!""

"yeah the whole dead son thing also blew me the fuck away to say the least.

"Byleth drew herself up to her full height, which wasn’t really all that much."

"She walked over to the door, opening it up just wide enough to see who was there while also preserving what little dignity she had left. Standing outside her door was a Knight of Seiros, looking generic as always."

“Two years ago is not a long time.” Byleth said.

Actually, now that she thought about it, it kind of was for her. After all, two years ago was technically… seven years ago(?) for her. She wasn’t entirely sure. Seriously, time was hard when you were a time traveler.

Still, it didn’t matter because she had only traveled back in time mentally. For her body, two years ago was in fact two years ago.

The nirik pranced around the beach with her head held high, looking around. "Why are you all hiding?" she asked no-one in particular. "Ooh, is this a game of hide-and-seek?"

Sol resisted the urge to slam her hoof against her face. She stepped towards the nirik and shout-whispered, "No, silly, they're scared of you!"

"Well I don't think I'm scary…" the nirik complained.

Possible idealized version of himself looking about to break into a cold sweat, the hyena turned his head into the opposite direction. His reflection, had he made them nervous? He supposed being a reflection of himself, being uneasy was a given. Turning back around, the reflection had been waving their hand in an inviting manner. Looking as though they were about to shout something, the chimera looked off into the direction his possible mirror image had been gazing at.

"Pira! I know the islands have been weird lately," the mirror image shouted on the ocean wind. Their voice was high pitched and feminine, at least two octaves above his own. "But when did they put a mirror image of me here?!" Their voice sounded shocked.

This is from the one novella chapter I wrote that isn't public yet.

"Damn!!! I was sure the Magmars were gonna take it this time!" Exclaimed one gang member

"Nah, they've been on a losing streak like those Electabuzz guys." Said another member as he takes a swig from a beer bottle.

Julian huffed. “Fine!” he stomped a foot on the ground. “Judy promised she’d promote me to co-leader IF I could get her a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve. And I don’t back down on anything she says, even if it might kill me”

“So if she told you to stab someone, you’d do it?” Apollo pointed out.

“Well, yes, do I look like an idiot?” Julian chuckled like a shoujo villain.

Nina then wrapped her arms around Nova, purring lustfully, “Now that the fight’s over we can celebrate, beloved. Shall we get down and dirty? I’m all for a little victory ‘dance’, one that involves both of us being naked. Let’s get busy, beloved.”

Kettu crossed his arms, “I’m not surprised that Nova’s stress levels spiked again. Not only because he’s constantly fighting the very thing he’s afraid of, but he’s always struggling to keep up with us. We can get stronger more easily than him, as we’re used to fighting, especially once we gained Shaman magic. But he always has to do things the hard way and is constantly pushing himself to keep up. Every step we take he has to take five in order to not fall behind the rest of us. And considering falling behind and becoming dead weight to us is a recurring fear of his it’s clear how hard he’s pushing himself. Given his history that’s not exactly hard to see why.”

Last edited:
"Tired of seeing her children fight in the world below, Arceus steps into human shoes to close the space-time rift herself.

It goes surprisingly well."

I ADORE Arkai and her little story I've been crafting. This isn't so much of a spoiler considering the very first page of the comic is Arceus saying "Fine! I'll do it myself." But I'm still in love with my idea.

Hiding spot exposed, the chimera rose to his feet. He could feel his heart skip more than four beats. The Pyro Elf Girl of Doom had revealed his location for the entire coast population to hear. Acting Grand Master letting out another sigh, the soldier off duty gave a pitiful look. The Knight's hair had to have been greying because of this villainous child by now.

This is pretty funny from one of my currently unpublished side stories.

Nova took the ring off and held it out, “Then here you go, sir. I’m sorry I had to borrow it without asking. Please take your ring back.”

He placed it in the merchant’s hands. He looked the ring over before smiling and held it out to Nova.

“No, lad, you keep it,” he said with a smile. “You deserve it. I know that my other lost merchandise will probably be snatched up by anyone else, but the fact that you wanted to return this ring to me means a lot to me. I approve of your honesty and desire to do the right thing. You keep it. Consider it a gift. And it did potentially save your life from an Arch Wizlord so that’s worth more to me than the ring itself. I appreciate your morals in wanting to return the ring. That’s not something I see too often. You’re a rare gem, that’s for sure. So please, keep the ring for yourself, as you’ve earned it.”

Back
Top Bottom