• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "THATS NOT POSSIBLE" moments

i just had another one 5 mi ago i used my masterball, 34 ultraballs, 7 great balls on meewtwo all failed but i used a pokeball a f**king pokeball and caught mewtwo:conangry::nono::mad::disgust:
I really find this hard to believe, or any story that says that there masterball failed to catch a pokemon in general.

Heart Gold: When I was trying to get to Cerulean Cave, I was surfing, and I ran into a random Shiny Goldeen. It was my first shiny ever, I've gotten Pokemon with Pokerus 3 years ago (Sapphire), but I couldn't even get a Shiny Goldeen until then..
Heart Gold (Again) Two days after the Goldeen, I ran into a Shiny Nidoran male on that route past Goldenrod (The one where you need to go through to get to the Pokeathlon dome) randomly.

Heart Gold (Again): When I was using the Medusa Method for a Shiny Feebas, I hatched over 40 eggs, not a single one shiny. ;-;
When I got one, my DSi ran out of charge and shut off. ;-;

Does anyone know if the Shiny rate is different in HG, like 1/100? XD

Once I was raising a Persian since it was a wee egg, leveld up 57 times and I turn off the game after I saved. I then open it later and find out the save didn't work and I had to work at square one again.

My Snorlax fell asleep right after I healed it at the Pokemon Center. This was in Yellow version, BTW.

My cousin just caught Snorlax in HeartGold on the first turn with a Quick ball. No damage, no status, no nothing.

And lest I forget the FOUR SHINIES IN A ROW in Ruby. That's right. Years back, I was on that route, not the one with the desert, but next to it. Just near those ledges near Lavaridge. BAM! Shiny Numel! I had been heading for the desert in the first place, I think to pick a fossil or something. Anyway, first thing I encounter here, BAM! Shiny baltoy! As the initial shock began to wear off, I get the idea of abusing this lucky streak of mine. I had always wanted a shiny Roselia, so I go down to Mauville, go to the route with the Daycare, and BAM! Shiny Roselia! And then, I Fly to Dewford, hoping to get a shiny Mawile from the Granite Cave. BAM! Shiny... Makuhita. But hey!

At that point, my unbelievable streak of good luck came to a close. I will never forget that, though. What the freakin' hell are the odds of that, even!?

i was chaining Shinx once, my first successful chain, and had cought 3 shiny shinx and had KOed 1, and the chain was at 54. I saw another shiny patch after restting the Pokeradar a bit more, it was on the edge of the grass, and i knew my chain might break. I went in anyway, i was expecting another shinx, but it was a shiny Sentret i was like WTH, awesome! I then caught it. My chain was then broken

i was chaining Shinx once, my first successful chain, and had cought 3 shiny shinx and had KOed 1, and the chain was at 54. I saw another shiny patch after restting the Pokeradar a bit more, it was on the edge of the grass, and i knew my chain might break. I went in anyway, i was expecting another shinx, but it was a shiny Sentret i was like WTH, awesome! I then caught it. My chain was then broken

Wow, I always thought shiny patches always contained a shiny version of whatever you were chaining.

I had to soft reset 3 times when trying to get Lugia in SS. Every time, it was in the red zone and paralyzed. I used a grand total of 70 or so ultra balls and 30 great balls before giving up and trowing a pokeball at it just for the lulz. Caught it. Wtf?

Later in the same game, I had a Lv3 Chatot which I had false swiped to 1 HP pop out of 9 ultra balls, 12 great balls and 7 pokeballs before it caught.

I have absolutely horrible luck with that stuff.

I hit Steelix with Thunder in Stadium 2. It didn't kill it, but still, it did a lot of damage.

The other time was in Gold, I decided to go hunting for shinies. I walked all through Johto, then Kanto twice. Without a single shiny found, I went back home to Johto. On Route 34, cue Shiny Suicune, followed by being given an egg containing a shiny Porygon!

Sah-weet.

1/67108864. If you really cared. :p

Actually, since the max chance for meting a Noctowl is 40 at Route 8, the chance for meting two Noctowl in a row is 16%, meaning that the chance for meting two shiny Noctwol are 1/1073741824.

EDIT: I had a positive one of thees; Today I was breeding for a Naive female Chimchar w/Fake Out for trading, I had this; a male Infernape, a male Ambipom whit Fake Out, a Ditto and en Everstone.

I put Infernape and Ditto in the Day-Care, the 8th Egg was not only female, but Naive female, I was WHAT, THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE, after double checking, IT IS TRUE!!

Then I put the Chimchar/Everstone in the Day-Care whit Ambipom/Fake Out and the 10th egg is Naive female Chimchar!

I was jumping around before I traded it away for a random Krabby and the dex entry for Shaymin. Then I found a good offer for a Shaymin on the GTS, all I needed was a Latias, so now I have a Shaymin :D

Last edited:
I hit Steelix with Thunder in Stadium 2. It didn't kill it, but still, it did a lot of damage.

The other time was in Gold, I decided to go hunting for shinies. I walked all through Johto, then Kanto twice. Without a single shiny found, I went back home to Johto. On Route 34, cue Shiny Suicune, followed by being given an egg containing a shiny Porygon!

Sah-weet.

that would've taken a while, but worth the effort in the end, lol

Me and a friend were doing the "Kyogre vs Groudon" matchup with Ruby/Sapphire. I hit him with Surf, he uses Rest. Health goes back up. I hit him with Surf again. HEALTH GOES BACK UP. Me and my friend looked at each other ".......WTF?"

My friends first shiny, a shiny Magikarp. NEXT TO THE RED GYARADOS, he was all like, WHAT! I GET A SHINY HERE!?! What the hell is this!?

He don't even like shiny Magikarp or Gyarados. They make a nice pair though.

Swellow used Aerial Ace!
Kricketune avoided the attack!

...WTF

Platinum - Elite Four - Flint's Rapidash

The foe's RAPIDASH sprang up! (I didn't see this text, I only saw the animation)

Me: What the ****!? Rapidash used Fly!

RAPIDASH used Bounce!

Me: Oh, it was Bounce...

Platinum - Elite Four - Flint's Rapidash

The foe's RAPIDASH sprang up! (I didn't see this text, I only saw the animation)

Me: What the ****!? Rapidash used Fly!

RAPIDASH used Bounce!

Me: Oh, it was Bounce...

I had the exact same thought when that happenned in my game, I was like: That can't be right!

I was searching for Entei in HG/SS and I was in the right area, but there was no grass, no i surfed and found him on the water

The Starmie in Stadium 2 knows Attract. Having no gender, it shouldn't be able to learn nor use the move.

That's an impossible moment.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom