• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "THATS NOT POSSIBLE" moments

In pokemon Platinum I was battling Cynthia.

Cynthia sent out Milotic!
Infernape used thunderpunch!
Milotic lost half of its HP!
Milotic used surf!
Infernape fainted!

*All right, I'll finish it with Empoleon's grass knot, that will be enough*

Zervah sent out Empoleon!
Empoleon used grass knot!
Milotic has about 10 HP!
Zervah curses Milotic!
Milotic used mirror coat!
Empoleon fainted!

...and she destroyed my team with that aqua-snake and Garchomp... I hate her

EH? It's easier to catch Palkia than a Beldum???
Quite 'THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE'...-_-;
But the data does make sense... Reminds me how it took awhile to catch Beldum at Platinum-_-

Beldum was uncatchable in the wild in Gen III, so GameFreak decided "Eh, no one will ever encounter it anyway, so let's give it a catch rate of 3 (Same as most legendaries)"

Of course, PtHGSS come around and you can catch Beldum and Metang. But the Catch Rate remains from RSE. So yeah, it's still like catching a legendary like Palkia.

I was battling Cynthia in Platinum, trying to get enough wins against her for the piano.

Every last one of her moves was a Critical Hit.

yea. Why?

That's why Chikorita survived. I don't think it qualifies for a "that's not possible" moment. Chikorita not only resists ground type moves, it also has above average defense.

I had tried to catch Groudon on SS before, but failed. A while later, I decided to try again. Down to the cave I go. It took four Ultra Balls and some red health to catch that thing.
"THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE"

I caught Groudon on the second ball, the first of which was a joke level ball I threw for lulz (my Hypnosis Noctowl was level 72 or somethin', he was obviously 50, so you can imagine how that worked out).

Anyways, Groudon isn't anywhere near as hard as other in-game legends save Dialga/Palkia or Mew and Celebi (even though the latter hasn't been catchable since Crystal).

battled the brain for the battle factory i had golem,dragonite and weavle

so his first pokemon was a tenticrule that 1,hit k.oed my golem and got my dragonite to 1/2 hp then he sends out a fucking glacion that kill my dragonite with ice beam so i take out the glaceon with weavle (sword dance/brick break) while he has about 3/4 hp then you know what he sends out?

A FUCKING HITMONLEE THAT ONE K.OS ME WITH CLOSECOMBAT AND HE WENT FIRST!

i swear to god that guy has the perfict counter for your team each time

cheater

I hope this is the right thread for this story. I couldn't stop lol'ing when it happened last night...

I've been playing Emerald for the past few weeks; I'm that behind that I'm a n00b to it. I was just messing around with the day care people, trying to get an egg of something, anything, with no success. Finally, I just gave up and put my male and female Aron there, knowing that THAT would make an egg eventually.

I goofed off in that area for about three minutes before I saw the day care man.

"Something strange happened!"

What? I JUST put you guys there! :lol: There must have been LOTS of sexual tension going on while we were all travelling together...

I have a lot.
I caught my first Giratina in Diamond with a regular Pokeball, Regigigas with a Net Ball, Palkia with a Quick Ball about 15 turns in, and Heatran with a Nest Ball... when my Pokemon were only about 2-3 levels above it.

battled the brain for the battle factory i had golem,dragonite and weavle

so his first pokemon was a tenticrule that 1,hit k.oed my golem and got my dragonite to 1/2 hp then he sends out a fucking glacion that kill my dragonite with ice beam so i take out the glaceon with weavle (sword dance/brick break) while he has about 3/4 hp then you know what he sends out?

A FUCKING HITMONLEE THAT ONE K.OS ME WITH CLOSECOMBAT AND HE WENT FIRST!

i swear to god that guy has the perfict counter for your team each time

cheater

ScarfLee.

I was playing my old LeafGreen the other day this happened:

Wild Moltres appeared!

Go Charizard!

Charizard used Heat Wave!

Critical Hit! Moltres fainted!

o_O You'd think a bird ON FIRE,would resist a little heat.

Oh,that's not the impossible part. I later turned it on again and it was a shiny. I caught it in a Net Ball. O_O *battery runs dry*

I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!

I'm trying to catch all the legendaries in HeartGold with just plain Poké balls, and after I got Ho-Oh to very little health and put it to sleep, I caught it after 5 balls. Then I go for the event Latios, and I had to soft reset 10 times because I ran out of balls. I had 50 of them...

Wild Moltres appeared!

Go Charizard!

Oh,that's not the impossible part. I later turned it on again and it was a shiny. I caught it in a Net Ball. O_O *battery runs dry*

I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!

Why it never hurts to save right after you nab a good catch!

My Floatzel incident left me more traumatized, though, being that it was the first shiny I've met in my life, and the only shinies I had up 'til then were stolen. :(

Never seen a shiny legendary though I've tried softresets a shitload of times.

Why it never hurts to save right after you nab a good catch!

My Floatzel incident left me more traumatized, though, being that it was the first shiny I've met in my life, and the only shinies I had up 'til then were stolen. :(

Never seen a shiny legendary though I've tried softresets a shitload of times.

I did. But now it can't be transfered to Diamond.

Why's that? If you have any Pokemon in the box on your RSE/FRLG, you can transfer 6 Pokemon each day. So...

I presume the battery going off tampered with your save, or something?

On my last run-through of HG, I was walking around some route when Entei appeared. There was no hope of battling it and I couldn't keep it from fleeing so I arbitrarily through a PokeBall at it... and caught it. Blew my mind.

Wild Moltres appeared!

Go Charizard!

I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!

You gotta be smart and put the GBA in the charger after you find the shiny pokemon

So, I decided to try see if I could OHKO a lot of Drake's team by super Calm Minding my Gardevoir.

Gardevoir used Calm Mind! Kingdra used Dragon Dance! Kingdra used Dragon Dance! Gardevoir used Calm Mind! Kingdra used Dragon Dance! Gardevoir used Calm Mind! Kingdra used Dragon Dance! Gardevoir used Calm Mind! Kingdra used Dragon Dance! Gardevoir used Calm Mind!

Kingdra Body Slams my team to death. XD

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom