• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your top 10 favourite games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in order:

1) Xenoblade Chronicles
2) Pokemon White Version
3) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
4) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5) Undertale
6) Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U
7) Kirby Super Star Ultra
8) Yoshi's Island
9) Jade Empire
10) Neopets: The Darkest Faerie (nostalgia, man)

1: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
- Pretty obvious. I'm known for being a Neptunia fan here in Bulbagarden.

2: Borderlands 2
- The best game in its series. I've played it so many times I have the dialog memorized. I currently only have The Mechromancer, The Psycho and The Assassin at high levels.

3: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- It's the latest installment. The original Gears of War was the best one, so I'm glad it was remade. Though this one might change until Gears 4

4: J-Stars Victory VS+
- Shounen Jump's version of Smash Bros. Ichigo Kurosaki is OP.

5: Pokemon: Platinum Version
- Generation IV is my favorite Generation and it was the one that helped me return to Pokémon when I was starting to get bored of it.

6: Destiny
- The amount of time I've spent in this game was short, but I was able to complete the game 3 times, 1 with each character class. While I like this game, it will never compare to Borderlands 2.

7: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
- Hyper Sonic on Doomsday Zone. Nuff said.

8: Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
-
It was the first Paper Mario game I played but that made it my favorite. I remember playing it with my oldest nephew. He would be the one that walked around and I was the one who battled because of my impeccable timing. Vivian was my favorite sidekick. She was cute.

9: Hyrule Warriors
- Lana is Waifu. Nuff said.

10: Tom Clancy's: The Division.
- I just started playing it but, it's really beautiful. This was how Destiny should've been developed. Instead of there being different lobbys of the same areas, the game is one big city. People can party up or leave without needing to be invited or removed. My brother and I waited 3 and a half years for this game. Good thing it was worth it.

Last edited:
1. Assassin's Creed II
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Smash (combining all versions)
5. Majora's Mask
6. Super Mario World
7. Final Fantasy IV
8. Ocarina of Time
9. Super Mario 64
10. Pokemon (all versions combined, but especially Red and Gold)

I posted in this thread before, but my personal top 10 has changed a bit since then:

10. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Xbox One / Xbox 360 / PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 3 / PC)
9. Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Nintendo GameCube / PlayStation 2)
8. Resident Evil: Revelations (Nintendo 3DS / PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 / Wii U / PC)
7. Goldeneye 007 (Nintendo 64)
6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64 / Nintendo GameCube / Nintendo 3DS)
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One / PlayStation 4 / PC)
4. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition(Xbox One / PC)
3. Star Wars: Republic Commando (Xbox / PC)
2. Resident Evil (Nintendo GameCube / Nintendo Wii / PlayStation 3 / PlayStation 4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
1. All main series Pokemon games (All Nintendo handhelds)

1. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2. Pokemon Y
3. WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain
4. Tekken 5
5. Batman: Arkham City
6. WWF No Mercy
7. Mario Kart 64
8. God of War III
9. Street Fighter IV
10. Grandia II

Instead of editing my post from last year, I'll post my new list since a few spots are switched/changed now:

1. JJBA: Eyes of Heaven
2. Pokemon Platinum
3. Fire Emblem Fates
4. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
5. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
6. Kirby Planet Robobot
7. Final Fantasy Explorers
8. JJBA: All Star Battle
9. Pokemon HGSS
10. SSB4 3DS/Wii U

1. Skies of Arcadia: Legends
2. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
3. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
4. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
5. Final Fantasy X
6. Paper Mario (and Thousand-Year Door, I love both and can never decide which one is better)
7. Pokemon Crystal (honestly its equal with HG/SS, but since Crystal has more nostalgia value I'll put it up here instead)
8. Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
9. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
10. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

After about #3 the rest aren't in order, I just sort of listed them as they came to mind. I'm sure I'm forgetting some important ones though. Honorable mentions go to a lot of Harvest Moon games, Rune Factory 4, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, 999, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, Star Fox 64, Devil May Cry 4, The Sims 3... and plenty more.

EDIT: Shoot, I knew I forgot one. The World Ends With You is another honorable mention.

Last edited:
No order:
1. Pokemon White
2. Pokemon Platinum
3. Mega Man 3 (I love all the classic games, really)
4. Mega Man X (I love all the games here except X5-X7)
5. Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles (yes, I'm cheating on these, but I love the classic games so much and I don't want to waste space on this list for them)
6. Super Mario Bros. 3
7. Punch Out
8. Shovel Knight
9. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
10. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

Last edited:
Not in order. I'm almost definitely forgetting some games.
1. Pokemon Platinum
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Kirby's Epic Yarn <33333
4. Animal Crossing New Lead
5. Mario & Luigi Dream Team
6. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
8. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
9. Mario Kart 8
10. Super Paper Mario
as you can tell I play Nintendo games from time to time.

1. Pokemon Black 2 / White 2
2. Pokemon Emerald
3. Pokemon ORAS
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
5. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
6. Pro Evolution Soccer 6
7. Streets of Rage (1,2,3)
8. Golden Axe (1,2,3)
9. The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of time)
10. The Legend of Zelda (Oracle of Seasons)

10- James Bond 007 : Everything or Nothing
Nostalgia's a part of it, but still, it had action, stealth, and a lot of fanservice (by which I mean references to James Bond movies, and not the TVtropes definition).

09- Professor Layton and the Lost Future
I love Clive, and this one had a great twist, interesting enigmas and was packed with emotions, especially at the end.

08- Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward
Not as good as 999, but good nonetheless. A big twist, great characters, beautiful soundtrack, and the whole morphogenetic thing taken up to the eleven.

07- Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney : Justice For All
I like this one, probably because it's the Ace Attorney that I played the most. The first case is obviously very weak, and the third one is not brilliant (though I appreciate the characters), but case 2 and 4 are absolutely great and thrilling (especially the fourth, Farewell, my Turnabout).

06- Sly 3 : Honor Among Thieves
One of the first game I played. It's funny, the different episodes are enough open-world for me, and I really liked the whole "comic-like" design. The story is quite good.

05- Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney
Now, the first one, and for me, still the best one. Each and every case is good, with the two last being masterfully good. The characters are endearing, the music is memorable, and the whole feeling of it is just a very, very good memory.

04- Pokémon Emerald
My favorite Pokémon game. Hoenn is a great region, greater even with the "third instalment settings" (you are less limited than in Ruby/Sappire), and the addition of the supreme and holy Battle Frontier, never matched in awesomeness and greatness.

03- Life is Strange
You might not know this one, and if you do, you might not know that it's a French game. And a good one, at that. The graphics have this unique atmosphere, the music is great, the rewinding concept is original and the story is beautiful. Thumbs up for the incredible scene in the alternative timeline whith Chloe asking for euthanazia.

02- 999 : Nine Hours, Nine Personns, Nine Doors
Here you go, the first and best game of the Zero Escape franchise. The atmosphere is thrilling, the sprites are beautiful, the characters are incredibly well-made, and the story is twisted in the best ways. Thumbs up to the style used in the translation, because the "narrative" part is incredibly well written (seriously, the Sub ending is beyond praise : the rythm with adverbs, the short sentences, the way Junpei's emptiness is described... And how the whole meaning of the narration can change once you know the big twist of the True ending... MA-STER-FUL).

01- The Walking Dead : Season 1
Do I really have to explain ? It's raw, it's emotional, it's wild. The characters are realistic, you end up really liking (some of) them, and the Telltale system of choices is horribly great. And obviously, the end. I personally didn't say anything to Clem, and let her choose, taking into account everything she had learned during the 5 episodes. She didn't shoot. But I still cried like I hadn't in months, in years maybe. This is the greatest story ever told.

I kinda don't want to make this list because I'm sure there are some games out there that aren't on it only because I haven't played them yet. Today though, I decided that I'll probably keep on saying that as long as I live, so I'll make a list now and see how it changes in a few years.

10. I can't decide! Ugh!!!!
I wrote this list backwards, and I've been sitting here at the last/first entry for ages wondering what my tenth favorite game is. There are a couple in contention so I'm just gonna mention them all here.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: An extremely good RPG with some things to say about society in the morally-grey way that Shin Megami Tensei excels at, but bland characters and difficulty that veers from too easy to just right to frustratingly unfun makes for a kinda shaky pick.

Red Dead Redemption: Graphically beautiful, a rich Wild West atmosphere, and highly entertaining characters makes for a very memorable open-world game, but the game-play can get pretty repetitive and the game devolves into over-the-top violence so often that it actually breaks the suspension of disbelief 'cause there's no way this lawless corner of Mexamerica has a higher birth than death rate.

The Last of Us: Second to none graphically, intense game-play that jumps breathlessly and seamlessly from cover shooter to stealth to survival horror, and good characters, but the plot is focused too much on heart-tugging drama rather than an over-all point more complex than "life is tough" or "people are bad sometimes".

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors: Genuinely challenging yet fair escape-the-room puzzles, and an intense Saw-meets-Memento kind of dealio created by what might be the densest and most complex plot I've ever seen in a video game - except for the sequels - but what's the value of a story that you can't make heads or tails of half the time?

In a few years, with more time to think and more games under my belt, this list will definitely be better.

9. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
I wasn't expecting this game to show up on this list. I really thought that between the proper Shin Megami Tensei IV and this game, I would have picked the former and talked about it being less "anime" in tone and having more integrity in its story, both of which are probably accurate statements, but looking back on these two games today, the sequel is just more memorable. It totally forgets the moral ambiguity that the series does best, yes, but the linear plot of this game is much stronger than its predecessor, for the most part. In the previous game, it was kinda easy to forget that partner characters were even there because their characterization was so thin, and while this game's characters are far from great, I just remember having a better time with this game. I'm iffy on this game's placement on the list, but it is a non-traditional entry in a series that gives the vast majority of RPGs a run for their money.

8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
I think Zelda games don't have the replay value of bigger open-world games because there's not as much to do, or more intense combat-oriented games because the combat isn't much to write home about, but as long as they last, Zelda games are very good at capturing a sense of adventure, and I think no entry in the series does this feeling better than The Wind Waker. From the innovative graphics that still look good to this day, to the jaunty sound-track, to the plot which offers the best interpretation of Ganon in the whole series, this game is masterful at giving the player enough to be having fun throughout, but still wanting to see more. Seeing the blurry silhouette of an island in the distance and then going there and seeing what lies waiting to be discovered was a great feeling. This game perfectly creates an atmosphere of whimsical, high-flying adventure without being too sweet.

7. Super Smash Bros. Melee
I need to look and see how many of these entries have "story" in the first sentence. Well, this game has none of that, it's just on my list because it's extremely fun and nostalgic to me. This game brings back memories not only of playing it with my brother as a kid, but playing it with my friends in high school as a teenager. This game is the product of childish trains of thought like, "Who would win in a fight, Mario or Link?" and "Pokemon is way cooler than Yoshi, and I'll prove it!" It gave kids like me and my friends an official platform to put our imaginations to the test, and it kept us coming back in adulthood for being such a tight fighting game on top of Nintendo nostalgia. It's just fun.

6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Eiji Aonuma has stated that the stories of Zelda games are always afterthoughts, which is respectable to admit plainly, but also surprising when a game like Majora's Mask comes out with a creepy story-book atmosphere and repeating themes of death and grief. The reuse of assets from the previous Zelda game with moodier lighting and weirder color choices almost makes this game feel like an intentionally creepy "remix". The over-all mood of this game is dream-like and melancholy, which I guess I must be naturally drawn to.

5. Yume Nikki
Putting this game on this list makes me feel pretty pretentious, since it's barely a game. The only real game-play is finding 24 thingamabobs hidden around the game world. The real point of the game is to just walk around and sight-see. This would make for a game I'd instantly forget if the sights to see were forgettable, but the aesthetic of this game is dream-like, with a dark edge of creepiness and emptiness - I guess more specifically than "dream-like" it could be described as nightmarish. That's it, really - that's the whole reason I love this game. The atmosphere captures a tone that's horrific but also quiet in a way that not many other games get right. The total lack of a linear plot, or any dialog, or an obvious goal, makes it a game that I always go to when I just want to be immersed in something that's not real, that hardly even feels like it was made by a person.

4. Shin Megami Tensei
The game that started my favorite video game franchise. This game has the weakest game-play in the series, but it's excusable when noted that this is an early Super Nintendo game from a small studio that self-published it, which shows just how adamantly Atlus wanted this game out there because this game boasts one of the best stories I've ever experienced in a video game. The opening hours of this game are razor-sharp, immediately setting up a national emergency in the form of a demonic invasion, that makes Japan the epicenter of an even greater threat: an American invasion. This house of cards quickly collapses, and one time-skip later the game is now a nuclear wasteland where demons and angels are at war, with humans caught in the middle. The purpose of this game is to present the player with a world that needs fixing and several ways of fixing it, not to deliver one message, except the message the humans will always bicker, and fight, and war.

3. The World Ends With You
The usual power-of-friendship message is here, and the writing is more adolescent than other games on this list, but it's done with so much effort and attention to detail that it works. Couple that with the tightest, densest, most astoundingly original action RPG game-play I've yet experienced, and this game is a winner. There's also the style, both visually and musically: the art has bright colors, thick lines, and sharp angles all influenced by graffiti, and the sound-track is a mix of goofy hip-hop and cheesy-but-blood-pumping J-rock that works with the writing to make this game a package that is self-contained and immersive while also feeling like a time capsule from 2007. It's a one-of-a-kind game.

2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
The successor to the phenomenal third Persona game owes a lot to its predecessor for its immersive and complex game-play loop, and somewhat for its strong power-of-friendship overtones, but even with that being the tone of the story, this game is strikingly unique. While I don't think the story has quite the integrity of the previous game, that's not saying much and this game still towers above the vast majority in the story department. The quiet suburban setting is done superbly, giving the entire game a homely feel, which makes the murder mystery plot even more unsettling and effective. This game is fascinating because it has such tired anime contrivances as serial killers, teenagers using monsters to fight other monsters, hot spring hijinks, and awkward high school romance, yet also contains perfectly-built commentary on society, the media, and the ugly parts of every individual's personality.

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
By the end of this game I had an attachment to these characters stronger than any other video game has made me feel. The turn-based RPGing and dungeon-crawling is so tight and perfectly balanced that it makes the grind enjoyable and nowadays it's actually just kinda soothing to go and fight monsters with my friends. The combat is only half of this massive game, however, the other half being a relationship sim of sorts, since all your monster-fighting goes unrecognized by society and you still have to do normal teenager things like go to school, rest when you're tired, fumble through romances and make life-long friends. On top of these two sides of the game, a linear plot unfolds all the while, a dark plot which casts a moody shadow over all the socializing and monster-fighting. A brilliant story with actual subtlety and symbolism, thought and care put into its message, a tone that strikes a perfect balance between fun and melancholy, makes this a perfect game, in my opinion.

1. Pokemon Crystal
2. Pokemon Colosseum
3. Super Smash Bros Melee
4. Kirby Air Ride
5. Pokemon LeafGreen
6. Pokemon Emerald
7. Pokemon Blue
8. Kirby Super Star
9. Pokemon XD
10. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

In no particular order:

1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
2. Pokemon (any main series game)
3. Animal Crossing New Leaf
4. Sonic Adventure 2
5. Final Fantasy 5 and 6 (I couldn't choose)
6. Fire Emblem (any of them)
7. Splatoon
8. Bravely Second
9. Sonic Rush / Sonic Rush Adventure
10. Earthbound
11. Chrono Trigger
12. Mega Man X

Okay I cheated that's more than 10. :p

Edit: I forgot to mention Metroid Fusion! I only played it recently but it was pretty good.

Last edited:
Not in a particular order but:

1. Pokémon Soul Silver
Silver was the first Pokémongame I ever played, so when I finally got my own console (a DS) I bought the pokémongame with Lugia on the cover.

2. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

I think I got this as a gift? Either way, it's really charming, and I like all the characters, and the fact that you play as a pokémon (an Eevee, in my case).

3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Because being mayor of a town with whiny animals is surprisingly fun. I also like to decorate and customize stuff.

4. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
You get to build houses for said whiny animals. It's cool.

5. Undertale
I love the characters and the music in this game. The fanbase is ... very annoying, I must admit, but in the end, it's still a really good game.

6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I love everything about this game.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
The sequel to Ocarina of Time. It has the same gameplay, so yeah.

8. Night in the Woods
A friend told me about this one. It's heavy on plot, and rather dark, despite the friendly look.

9. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
I've never been a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series, but I bought this one out of boredom, and I actually like it a lot.

10. The whole Super Smash Bros. series
Because I've spent a concerning amount of hours on these games.

It's hard for me to really make a list anymore, but I'll try.

1. The Sims 3 (a glitchy game that EA really botched it with greed... But the actual overall product when looking past all of that and with custom content and mods is incredible and perfectly in line with my style) - Wouldn't know where to throw The Sims 2 anymore. I think TS3 has won over me.

2. Animal Crossing New Leaf. (In reality, I think GCN is still my favorite, but New Leaf is a better game in just about every other way. I hope Nintendo continues the direction of NL with future AC titles)

3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo's first "inspired" release in ages. I loved it. Not a perfect game, but perfection is not needed when a game has that magic)

4. Pokemon Crystal (So dated, now. But GSC were the perfect followups to G1, and Crystal was the best for many reasons, including finally the addition of a female protagonist)

5. Pokemon Black/White

6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (A weird entry for me because I don't necessarily like actually playing through the dungeons. I just love the atmosphere/emotion of the game, the story, and all of the characters and their routines. It made the game feel very alive and made me care for the world)

7. Paper Mario/Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Two incredibly fun RPGs. A shame what has happened to the series)

8. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

9. Pokemon X/Y

10. Hm... Maybe Kingdom Hearts II.

I tried to make this list a bit more up-to-date. In the past Super Smash Bros Melee would be really high up in the list for me, but now I don't really find much fun in the SSB series.

Honorable mentions:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Pokemon OR/AS
Pokemon HG/SS
The Sims 2, of course
Mario Kart Wii and 8 for being so fun online
Golden Sun series

I think that's it?

Here's my top 10 favorite games, mostly Nintendo cuz I grew up with them
10. The Escapist (PC)
No pros or cons for this one. I just like this game a lot for some reason. I think it's creative but it can be frustrating at times

9. Mother 3 (GBA)
Pros:
- The most emotional of the three Mother/Earthbound games, really plays with your emotion
- Also, the one that has the best story and character development
- Fantastic soundtrack with memorable themes
Cons:
- Overshadowed a bit by Earthbound, mainly because no releases outside the US as of November 11, 2017
- The 16-bit system was more annoying than fun
- The easiest of the 3 Mother/Earthbound games

8. Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (DS)
Pros:
- A surprisingly dark storyline for a Pokemon game
- Great characters, some gym leaders actually do stuff, and Hugh's character development is great
- A good post game, including PWT, Black Tower/White Treehollow, etc.
Cons:
- It's almost the same as Black/White
- The soundtrack is worse than Black/White
- Difficulty being changeable after beating the game

7. Fire Emblem (The Blazing Blade) (GBA)
Pros:
- Characters that I really enjoy and love
- Extremely fun and has a great story
- Lyn is probably the best FE character imo
Cons:
- A lot of patience in certain situations, and I don't have that
- Inconsistent difficulty imo
- A really boring introduction that almost drove me away from the game

6. Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Pros:
- Once again, full secrets, making hunting for missiles or energy tanks kinda exciting at times
- A pretty interesting story with a great plot twist
- A pretty challenging platformer, but one that I enjoy nonetheless
Cons:
- Fusion Suit just an excuse to go back to "level 1"
- Some areas could be frustrating to travel through
- Getting the "good ending" is really hard imo, especially with the requirement to collect all the energy tanks and missiles, meaning that I pretty much need a guide for this game

5. Paper Mario TTYD (GCN)
Pros:
- A really dark story with unique partners
- Full of secrets and some plot twists
- Funny and enjoyable NPCs
Cons:
- Easy at the start, than an insane difficulty curve at the final boss
- Lord Crump is annoying
- Backtracking a lot, especially Chapters 4 and 7

4. Smash 4 (Wii U)
Pros:
- By far the best in the Smash series, with great character designs and graphics, a plethora of characters, stages, and music, and a lot of things to do
- The most balanced game in Smash, too, with the removal of chain grabs, a huge list of viable characters, and kicking out the issues and "tech" that plagued Brawl
- A fun online mode that is superior to Brawl's
Cons:
- For glory trash talk can be salt inducing
- No Subspace Emissary or an Adventure Mode
- The clone characters, excluding the Doc who was in Melee and Lucina because I actually have a good Lucina and is pretty unique. In other words, Dark Pit is a waste of space

3. Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS)
Pros:
- Almost like a fresh start for Pokemon, ditching gyms, HMs, etc for trials, ride Pokemon, etc
- The best character developments/interaction in the series
- A pretty grim storyline that, at some times, even surpasses B2W2's
Cons:
- Kinda easy for a Pokemon game, though there were some tough battles
- A boring post game with the worst battle facility, the Battle Tree
- The questionable removal of certain features, such as fishing anywhere

2. Earthbound (SNES)
Pros:
- Colorful and quirky world with great character interactions
- A solid difficulty, not too hard but not too easy
- A great twist at the end, coupled with a pretty memorable and scary final boss
Cons:
- No character development, except Ness, but even then it's just him getting stronger
- Certain items require grind fests
- Bosses generally being forgettable, except the final boss(es)

1. Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
Pros:
- Two evil teams instead of one, unique until USUM
- A ramped up difficulty with gym leaders usually having more Pokemon
- Best Post game imo, including Safari Extension, legendary hunting, contests, BATTLE FRONTIER
Cons:
- Pretty much Ruby/Sapphire, although I believe it's better
- Grinding that can be painful at times
- Frustrating water routes, and as IGN said, there is "Too much water"

Honorable mentions
Ocarina of Time (N64)
Why it didn't make it: I don't really like Legend of Zelda games, but I think this stands out the most. Don't have a Switch yet so idk about Breath of the Wild

Mega Man Powered Up (PSP)
Why it didn't make it: While it's a good remake of the first Mega Man game, it's extremely frustrating to 1. meet the timer requirement 2. kill the bosses with only the blaster to unlock said boss as a playable character and 3. Guts Man

Undertale (PC)
Why it didn't make it: While the gameplay is fun and full of twists and memorable moments, giving me Earthbound vibes, the story was cheesy, the characters are all terrible or make me cringe except Toriel, and the fandom is really toxic and makes me regret going Pacifist first

Pokemon X/Y (3DS)
Why it didn't make it: The game was great for the first 3DS title, but it was just too easy. Plus an unmemorable Elite 4 and practially no post-game content

A single Super Mario game (NES, SNES, N64, Wii, Switch)
Why none of them made it: First, it was hard to choose. SMB3, World, 64, Galaxy, and most recently Odyssey (played it at a friend's house and liked it instantly) are favorites for me. Second, I love other games better than these.

Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Why it didn't make it: While it has a dark storyline, some great characters and a really colorful and unique world, it was the start of Paper Mario's departure from traditional RPGs. Also it was easy

1. Mother 3
2. Pokemon Soul Silver/Black/Alpha Sapphire
3. Story of Seasons
4. Tales of Symphonia
5. Earthbound
6. Harvest Moon: (More) Friends of Mineral Town
7. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
8. Kirby Triple Deluxe
9. A Little Lily Princess
10. Tales of Zestiria
11. Child of Light
12. Chrono Trigger
13. Ara Fell

In no order as they are great in different ways:
Final Fantasy X and X-2 (I consider X and X-2 to be one long story.)
Pokemon GSC
Pokemon XY
Fire Emblem Binding Blade
Earthbound
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Sim City 4
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Honorary mentions - as i haven't finished them...but the couple of hours I've played are so promisingly awesome.
Fire Emblem x Persona: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

4. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
What did you like about it the most?

6. Fire Emblem (any of them)
Including Binding Blade?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom