• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Top 10 Worst Pokémon Anime Episodes (of all time)

Kanto (Episode 79): Ash had not much chance of winning the Kanto league but christ they could have let the kid go out in style then have TR hog half the episode and not do anything remotely funny that they're normally known for.

Hoenn:

Episode 98: Oh my poor Team Aqua and Magma, you boys deserved better than the biggest wet fart of an arc for any villainous team in the franchise. Extra points for everyone melting away with the poor art and animation.

Episode 100: Let's all go jump the shark, WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sinnoh:

Episode 29: Nails on a chalkboard COTD duo much?

Episode 124: Goodbye Ampibom, thanks for making the worst decision of your life. I hate you forever now... And you were better as a Aipom.

B&W

Episode 1: The first 10 minutes are fine but it's everything afterwards that sets a dark bad precedence of what is to come.

Episode 20: Pikachu gets misery thrown at him by some Ducklett idiots and this is meant to be entertainment?

Episode 50: Errr who is this dumb imbecile monkey? And where did the real Ash go? I feel pain for Elesa and all her fans who had to sit through this comedy of errors.

Nearly the whole of the Unova league: Rubbish battles, a rubbish end to a rubbish rival plus a giant trash can Ash must face... all that and Axew goes missing for the 293848382848384838384838848th time. Thank god for Stephan.

Most of the Team Plasma arc: And the runner up award for the most disappointing villain team in the anime goes to Ghetsis and his Team Plasma pals. Congrats Ghetsis, what do you say to that?

Oh...
He's unavailable for comment because he's in prison now. Never mind...

XY

Episode 62: I'm so happy they don't do this mind control crap anymore. And if they ever go back to it I'll start mind controlling the writers until they stop.

Episodes 69/70: What a boring way to end Goodra's story. Team Rocket up to no good again. Oh joy.

Episode 95: I hate Quilladin and I want to kick it to the scorching sun than ever see it again. That is all.

S&M:

Every episode focusing on Rotom Dex: I hate Rotom Dex. I think it's annoying and it should zip it's mouth like Zippy from Rainbow. Episode 98 is the worst for making Ash look like a jackass.

Episode 109: A big old dud of a battle ending the Trials with a whimper rather than a bang.

Episode 126: The world's most boring Pikachu short ever... except it's an episode... and it's taking up space... and they somehow made it even worse by adding voices to the Pokémon. God bless Rodger Parsons though.

Episode 131: Jessie and James act all weird as sh*t and the battle sucks. Thank the gods for Mareanie you beautiful thing.

Episode 133: Hau was already a nothing character in the anime. This episode was the final nail in his coffin.

JN:

Episode 6: Do you like Pokémon Go? We must remind you about Pokémon Go! Please consume our mobile game please! YOU MUST!

This show has always been an advertisement but never has it felt all the more blatant.

Episode 30: Brain melting soap opery nonsense derailing our two main characters we've been watching for years and it all doesn't matter in the end anyway. Thanks for wasting your time watching our crap folks!

The ultimate nightmare for a Pikachu fan like me.

Episode 41: The first segment was kinda funny, the second is the ultimate example of killing time and an episode slot with one stone.

Extra shout outs to the Mirage special (a piece of crap way to celebrate the 10th annicersary), Episode 84 of Journeys (commits the ultimate and cardinal crime of finally giving Ash something folks have been wanting for years... And ultimately making it un-deserved in the end with how utterly poor the episode was)
Have any for Johto, curious? Seems like you didn't think anything was the worst out of it, interesting.

As for me, my worst (in no particular order, just chronologically):

1. Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon (MoMP)- What a way, and I mean, what a way to celebrate the 10th anniversary by using it as a test pilot for the current TPCI dub and we all know how grating it was. It was so bad, in fact, they had to hire Natochenny at the time to redub over Rogers' take on Ash on the M8 DVD with the MoMP redub (Movie 8's dub was done by 4Kids, ironically, makes it all the more painful to see the redub on there).

It was supposedly commissioned to be produced by 4Kids in the first place, right, so may as well have let 4Kids dub it! Then again I think at the least, they should've been allowed to finish Battle Frontier, but alas we had to deal with this crap back then.

It's not even much better in its original Japanese, believe it or not, just a completely random backwards special and the villain (Dr. Yung) is bland as hell.

2. AG189 aka "Gathering the Gang of Four"

Terrible animation, just dreadful, it's hard to look at it-- and it's not helped by the scattershot randomness either, what had potential to be a great episode instead was made a bad one, here.

3. DP021 aka "Ya See We Want an Evolution"

Random Magikarp story ep, and how are these two Magikarps tough as well- just such a contrived, lame story, I liked this kind of thing better back in the Orange Islands tbh when it was done in a way more endearing, genuine way.

4. DP024 aka "Cooking Up a Sweet Story"

This is like a bad Johto filler, without even the narm charm of the random COTD. Really, Ash has to help a random elderly woman out with Poffins because...advertising? Flynn summed it up well.

5. DP029 aka "The Champ Twins"

Lame. A direct copy of AG072, Ash and May's fighting was way more funny and it's just a rehash of that episode but with Ash and Dawn instead.

6. DP181 aka "Bucking the Treasure Trend"

God, I don't know why, but this episode was so, so boring when I last saw it. Buck is just not at all interesting, and he managed to take everyone on a pointless treasure hunt.

7. BW050 aka "Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym"

Hands down, the worst Ash has ever been in any Series in terms of how stupid he was, and how obnoxious he was too- he was less rookie-ish and dumb even in EP001 when he first started the Series.

8. BW107 aka "Cameron's Secret Weapon"

Easily the worst League match in the History of the Series: I don't even hate Johto or BW nearly as much as the fandom (I do agree on how much Journeys sucks though surprisingly), but this is indefensible. Also "You're psyched, we're psyched," in the dub from Cameron, disgustingly bad but that's been his catchphrase since the current dub started for Ash sadly (tied with "Down the hatch" for worst dub-only catchphrase I've heard Ash say in either English dub).

9. XY021 aka "A Pokevision of Things to Come"

Unbearable. Serena doesn't do much of anything for a huge chunk of it, and Ash is super annoying too. Serena is a literal damsel in distress for most of the episode, and almost loses to Team Freaking Rocket no less, terrible ep- simply terrible.

10. IIRC, JN048 aka "A Close Call...Practically," but I could be wrong, I don't remember which ep but the one where Ash is looking for data on Pokemon on the floor! [Correction thanks to @cricketlaxwolvesbandy, it's JN078 aka "Detective Drizzile!"]

Hate everything about this, everything, Ash was smart enough back in Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh to look up data on the Computer and now he's stupid enough to look for data on the floor? Hands down the worst Ash post-BW in stupidity in JN here.

Dishonorable mentions:

EP079 (Such an asspull loss, really, Charizard fell asleep?)
EP099 (Ash is a total dick in this episode, even though I think the English dub of it was fantastic otoh surprisingly)
EP177 (Boring Johto filler, boring Yanma ep)
AG173 (Boring, just super boring, the Golden Sudowoodo was just a dull plot)
DP070 (Boring, just really boring with the Magician lady w/Chingling)
DP092 (Flanderized TR? Check. Annoying? Check. Weak? Check.)
DP124 (The first ping-pong episode, god I hated this one, still better than the one in SM though)
BW095 (So, so boring, the nursery thing has been overplayed by this point)
BW105 (How many of these lost eps have we had by now?)
BW113 (So, so boring even for a DA! filler episode)
XY078 (Done better back in Indigo League, and too much Pikachu obsession)
XY089 (So, so dull, Serena is boring in this one)
XY103 (Cringe-worthy, Bonnie's singing is ear-shattering in particular)
XY114 (Seen this type of thing done better before with Brock numerous times, Bonnie tries to get a wife for Clemont and it's freaking terrible)
SM048 (Rotom Dex was annoying in this one!)
SM066 (Ping pong again?!)
SM068 (Ash already cross-dressed before, I liked this episode done better in OS and BW!)
SM075 (The title tells you all you need to know, "Some kind of laziness!")
JN004 (So, so lame Scorbunny ep)
JN008 (Already done back in Orange Islands way better in "Navel Maneuvers")
JN026 (Godawful, especially in the dub, Natochenny's British woman voice for Ash in the getup made me cringe countless times)
JN046 (Mewtwo was handled so much better pre-BW, this is no exception)
JN050 (Dracovish has hands down the worst English dub voice for a Pokemon I've ever heard, in 23 years of this show, in Japanese it's already goofy but this is...horrendous, tied with Ash's Talonflame for worst ever for me)
JN070 (James is OOC in this one!)
JN082 (Fat Pikachu and large one, already done better in AG in "Gulpin' it Down" with Treecko)

Last edited:
Have any for Johto, curious? Seems like you didn't think anything was the worst out of it, interesting.
Most of the bad ones are just kinda boring for the list.

If there was one I'd pick though it'd be the last episode Hoenn Alone which was a terrible terrible way to end the original Kanto-Johto run.

Boring TR antics along with filler nonsense is NOT the way you should end a series.

Most of the bad ones are just kinda boring for the list.

If there was one I'd pick though it'd be the last episode Hoenn Alone which was a terrible terrible way to end the original Kanto-Johto run.

Boring TR antics along with filler nonsense is NOT the way you should end a series.
I actually like that one personally, but yeah, TR was pretty annoying there: I could see that. I liked Ash in it, that's probably what saved it for me.

As for me, my worst (in no particular order, just chronologically):

1. Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon (MoMP)- What a way, and I mean, what a way to celebrate the 10th anniversary by using it as a test pilot for the current TPCI dub and we all know how grating it was. It was so bad, in fact, they had to hire Natochenny at the time to redub over Rogers' take on Ash on the M8 DVD with the MoMP redub (Movie 8's dub was done by 4Kids, ironically, makes it all the more painful to see the redub on there).

It was supposedly commissioned to be produced by 4Kids in the first place, right, so may as well have let 4Kids dub it! Then again I think at the least, they should've been allowed to finish Battle Frontier, but alas we had to deal with this crap back then.

It's not even much better in its original Japanese, believe it or not, just a completely random backwards special and the villain (Dr. Yung) is bland as hell.

2. AG189 aka "Gathering the Gang of Four"

Terrible animation, just dreadful, it's hard to look at it-- and it's not helped by the scattershot randomness either, what had potential to be a great episode instead was made a bad one, here.

3. DP021 aka "Ya See We Want an Evolution"

Random Magikarp story ep, and how are these two Magikarps tough as well- just such a contrived, lame story, I liked this kind of thing better back in the Orange Islands tbh when it was done in a way more endearing, genuine way.

4. DP024 aka "Cooking Up a Sweet Story"

This is like a bad Johto filler, without even the narm charm of the random COTD. Really, Ash has to help a random elderly woman out with Poffins because...advertising? Flynn summed it up well.

Lame. A direct copy of AG072, Ash and May's fighting was way more funny and it's just a rehash of that episode but with Ash and Dawn instead.

6. DP181 aka "Bucking the Treasure Trend"

God, I don't know why, but this episode was so, so boring when I last saw it. Buck is just not at all interesting, and he managed to take everyone on a pointless treasure hunt.

7. BW050 aka "Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym"

Hands down, the worst Ash has ever been in any Series in terms of how stupid he was, and how obnoxious he was too- he was less rookie-ish and dumb even in EP001 when he first started the Series.

8. BW107 aka "Cameron's Secret Weapon"

Easily the worst League match in the History of the Series: I don't even hate Johto or BW nearly as much as the fandom (I do agree on how much Journeys sucks though surprisingly), but this is indefensible. Also "You're psyched, we're psyched," in the dub from Cameron, disgustingly bad but that's been his catchphrase since the current dub started for Ash sadly (tied with "Down the hatch" for worst dub-only catchphrase I've heard Ash say in either English dub).

9. XY021 aka "A Pokevision of Things to Come"

Unbearable. Serena doesn't do much of anything for a huge chunk of it, and Ash is super annoying too. Serena is a literal damsel in distress for most of the episode, and almost loses to Team Freaking Rocket no less, terrible ep- simply terrible.

10. IIRC, JN048 aka "A Close Call...Practically," but I could be wrong, I don't remember which ep but the one where Ash is looking for data on Pokemon on the floor!

Hate everything about this, everything, Ash was smart enough back in Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh to look up data on the Computer and now he's stupid enough to look for data on the floor? Hands down the worst Ash post-BW in stupidity in JN here.

Dishonorable mentions:

EP079 (Such an asspull loss, really, Charizard fell asleep?)
EP099 (Ash is a total dick in this episode, even though I think the English dub of it was fantastic otoh surprisingly)
EP177 (Boring Johto filler, boring Yanma ep)
AG173 (Boring, just super boring, the Golden Sudowoodo was just a dull plot)
DP070 (Boring, just really boring with the Magician lady w/Chingling)
DP092 (Flanderized TR? Check. Annoying? Check. Weak? Check.)
DP124 (The first ping-pong episode, god I hated this one, still better than the one in SM though)
BW095 (So, so boring, the nursery thing has been overplayed by this point)
BW113 (So, so boring even for a DA! filler episode)
XY078 (Done better back in Indigo League, and too much Pikachu obsession)
XY089 (So, so dull, Serena is boring in this one)
XY103 (Cringe-worthy, Bonnie's singing is ear-shattering in particular)
XY114 (Seen this type of thing done better before with Brock numerous times, Bonnie tries to get a wife for Clemont and it's freaking terrible)
SM048 (Rotom Dex was annoying in this one!)
SM066 (Ping pong again?!)
SM068 (Ash already cross-dressed before, I liked this episode done better in OS and BW!)
SM075 (The title tells you all you need to know, "Some kind of laziness!")
JN004 (So, so lame Scorbunny ep)
JN008 (Already done back in Orange Islands way better in "Navel Maneuvers")
JN026 (Godawful, especially in the dub, Natochenny's British woman voice for Ash in the getup made me cringe countless times)
JN046 (Mewtwo was handled so much better pre-BW, this is no exception)
JN050 (Dracovish has hands down the worst English dub voice for a Pokemon I've ever heard, in 25 years of this show, in Japanese it's already goofy but this is...horrendous, tied with Ash's Talonflame for worst ever for me)
JN070 (James is OOC in this one!)
JN082 (Fat Pikachu and large one, already done better in AG in "Gulpin' it Down" with Treecko)
Funny because most of those DP ones are tolerable. Absolutely agree with DP092, the BW ones, the SM ones and the JN one.
The data one was not JN048, it was the one where Drizzile evolves (JN078). Ash doing that stupid data thing ruined the episode for me.

Funny because most of those DP ones are tolerable. Absolutely agree with DP092, the BW ones, the SM ones and the JN one.
The data one was not JN048, it was the one where Drizzile evolves (JN078). Ash doing that stupid data thing ruined the episode for me.

Thanks for the correction, there, JN078 is my #10 here on the worst list then indeed.

I think it was just fatigue at the time for me, DP029 is the only other DP ep I truly, truly hated still up there. I think it's a better saga art style wise than BW+, FWIW, miss his old face design in general from S1-13: simpler, smoother, IMO.

i haven't seen DP and therefore this ep, hell i honestly never even finished AG but i did get to AG072 and i'm honestly slightly terrified as to how you make a worse version of the episode that brought us misogynist james
for a hot moment i thought you meant the actual lost black and white eps, that being those team rocket vs team plasma eps and i was about to ask whether something that never aired even counted ngl

anyway i'm pretty sure i've popped into this thread before but idk if i ever mentioned SM123. idk man the message just felt kinda ehhh to me, that whole idea of "no, you need to do things this way god forbid you have a method that works better for you personally" just REALLY didn't sit right yaknow. then again it's been a good while since i watched it and as much as the sun/moon anime has a special place in my heart (for reasons that i don't even know at this point) it just isn't the kind of show i ever feel like rewatching so. rip

SM006 - Good example of SM's questionable humor. Ash unironically pukes rainbows at Pikachu.

SM026 - Sophocles manipulates his friends into feeling sorry for him and gets rewarded for it. He also imagines them being jerks even though they have been nothing but kind to him.

JN115 - Lamest return for a beloved character so far. Will we ever see Alain again?

XY021 - If this episode was meant to be social commentary on how young women are pressured to always be attractive for men at all times I suppose it's actually kind of thought provoking? But do we really need to have this kind of discussion in a Pokémon anime? Let kids be kids.

BW019 - Burgundy is very annoying. Cilan is already too much did he really need a rival who is even more extra?

EP103 - I get that they wanted there to be some kind of love triangle between Misty x Rudy x Ash but why? Pokeshipping didn't get much development so why bother introducing a love rival. Why not dedicate an episode to developing Misty's goal instead? What did she even do during this arc?

EP018 - This episode is very problematic and it certainly wasn't supposed to be social commentary lol. It's like the Japanese version of Electric Tale of Pikachu got an anime adaptation.

EP034 - Another problematic OG episode. In the Japanese episode the kid wants to suck on Misty's breasts. The dad also seems a little bit predatory?

EP136 - Chikorita apparently needs theraphy lol. I know she was kind of a jerk sometimes (winter special comes to mind) but is Ash such a bad trainer that he can't even try to talk to his own Pokémon?

DP180 - Kenny treats Dawn as a object that can be won. Why? She wasn't even dating Ash...

SM026 - Sophocles manipulates his friends into feeling sorry for him and gets rewarded for it. He also imagines them being jerks even though they have been nothing but kind to him.
are we really accusing this like, 11 year old of emotional manipulation. i mean i didn't like this episode either but mainly bc it was a case of dramatic irony leading to secondhand embarrassment

DP180 - Kenny treats Dawn as a object that can be won. Why? She wasn't even dating Ash...
I’ve always wanted to talk about this episode.

Watching it now, the dub of the episode has some weird dialogue in it, like the characters feel automated.
Meanwhile, three characters are sharing the spotlight, and despite Dawn and Kenney’s relationship being the “main focus”, it barely feels like it thanks to Ash’s. You randomly get Jasmine thrown in to act as Dawn’s anchor to guide her, when Flint probably could have done that himself with a similar story of getting beat by Cynthia multiple times, and thinking if there’s more out there.
Jasmine being there is quite the distraction, and with this many messages being put across, you lose the impact of the episode, when one of these messages would have been fine by itself.

Ash’s story isn't at the right time. It’s right before the league, so making Ash lose is bizarre given the circumstance, even if he was just trying things out with Buizel’s battling-style and not going all-in.
In addition, having the main character try a completely new style (right before the climax) makes him look unsure about his own capabilities. Yes, he’s confident to attempt a E4’s style, but overconfidence still is being unprepared. Being that late in the series, I thought it was strange to give Ash a lesson to learn, when really his style should already be figured out - he looks unprepared for the league. And, that all you have to do is believe message from Flint, again, Ash should really know that by this stage and does he even need it?

And this is defiantly a given, but Kenney’s idea of battling for Dawn comes across so wrong to me. He doesn’t force her, and instead asks for her to accompany, but it’s still a weird resolve to his character. He’s not embarrassed by his sudden exit from the Grand Festival, or looks to be better for Dawn next time, it’s that his character goal is all about her and nothing else. Way to dumb him down.
Also, why did he have to battle Ash? It doesn’t even do anything, he just asks her afterwards like nothing happened. Plus, Ash is clearly a supportive figure; even the most jealous person could see that. Couldn’t he have just given a performance for her with contest moves, inspired from Johto trainers, to show her there’s more out there?
Oh, not to mention TR are in it for like thirty-seconds to introduce Flint…
Overall, a very weirdly assembled episode.

XY021 - If this episode was meant to be social commentary on how young women are pressured to always be attractive for men at all times I suppose it's actually kind of thought provoking? But do we really need to have this kind of discussion in a Pokémon anime? Let kids be kids.
Whut? Just because of that one line?
Anyways I agree with most of your choices is this Liam’s burner account

are we really accusing this like, 11 year old of emotional manipulation. i mean i didn't like this episode either but mainly bc it was a case of dramatic irony leading to secondhand embarrassment
Kids can unfortunately be manipulative. It's a good thing that this didn't become a habit for Sophocles since he still gets a reward in the end because of said lie. Would have been better if he did something to actually earn it. Like if he explained the misunderstanding and then some plot happened involving him befriending the new Pokémon.

Or if he actually moved for real which is something many kids can probably relate to even if it's sad.

When I was a kid I moved a lot but still kept in touch with my old friends through letters so I guess the idea behind the episode bothered me lol. Must have been awkward to watch for any kid that was actually moving and saying good-bye to friends for real.

Challenge of the Samurai - Ash getting blamed for shit that's the annoying Samurai's fault. The evolution was great and Metapod vs Metapod was funny but everything else sucks.
UnBEARable - Doomed to fail for using my least favorite cartoon plot (new guy arrives, does bad thing, main character gets the blame). Terrible idea, even worse execution, really stretched out.
Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama - Brock at his worst, and fucked morality and double standards. Any Sinnoh episode with Brock lecturing a COTD would qualify but this one was the worst. He yells at the COTD for "cheating" but, uhh, he gave Ash a badge when he didn't beat him! Why does it matter that the gym leaders were scared of her "legendary Pokemon" and surrendered? Why is that a problem with her and not them? Why is Paul allowed to abuse his Pokemon but her "cheating" is such a problem? Makes no sense!
Pika and Goliath - soulless rehash, the battle at the end was pretty good but the episode lacked any real substance
As Clear As Crystal - Disappointing. The previous episode before it had a good premise and left off with a cliffhanger of Ash turning into a Pikachu but this just gets it out of the way in the first 5 seconds of narration... in favor of another generic filler?! There's worse Johto fillers but this one is my least favorite for the wasted potential!
Hoenn Alone - Terrible way to end the original series. Also Ash IMO isn't interesting enough to carry an entire episode, which wouldn't be much of an issue if the content of the episode was good, which it isn't.
Dueling Heroes/The Perfect Match - A lot of people liked this arc, I don't. Ash loses in the worst way possible, and it doesn't exactly make Misty look good, and she loses in the next episode to someone we barely knew anyway. The other water Pokemon based tournament(s) in Johto were better, they were only one episode, Misty actually won due to her own merits, so despite those being filler I prefer them. In retrospect this arc feels like a filler one.
Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight - A really boring filler episode, it's the first episode I remember hating growing up (most of the rest of the earlier ones on this list I saw later on).
To Thine Own Pokemon Be True - You know why this is here. Ambipom leaving to play ping pong, just makes her look fickle at best and now you don't even want her to come back. What should have been yet another bland but inoffensive filler episode turned out to be the worst release episode EVER!

Honorable mention:
A Way Off Day Off - Nothing too bad, just kinda dull.
The Unova League - Would be on the list if I had seen it when it first came out and hadn't already heard all about how bad it was.
The Semi Final Frontier - see above
Down To The Fiery Finish! - see above

Last edited:
my list is:
That fricking rock seesaw episode with team rocket running around for like 10 minutes straight
XY 085braxien breaks his (or her) stick and acts like a crybaby over it
Bw050 ash vs elesa (enough said)
Bw090 and BW091 dragonite beats decently powerful opponents in just a few hits even though its disobedient
Bw104 and 105 lets have a rival that beats ash for most of the series and then just flush him down the drain.
105 is self explanatory.
98% of decolore islands
Xy139 (self explanatory)
JN008 and JN009 this has so much clickbait that its actually really infuriating
JN030 ash ignores his best friend so he can train riolu (train them together you piece of sh*t)
JN041 and JN058 boring two part episodes with zero reason to exist
Jn033 wasted potential, JN048 is just infuriating
JN059 where goh makes the series 100 times worse by getting the most annoying pokemon in the anime
JN061 and JN081 first one is just pointless and second one made me like blue less
and last, but not least, JN 104, JN118, 119, 120, and 121 first two are terrible episodes with way too much plot armor. last 3 have no reason to exist

bw050 ash vs elesa happened
bw104 and 105 lets develop a rival during the series and then make him lose in the first round
105 needs zero explanation
Xy139 needs none as well
xy085 WHY DO YOU EXIST
JN008 and 009 are littered with clickbait that its actively infuriating
JN030 how about I abandon my best friend who has been with me for over 2 decades and train my new friend instead
JN033 wasted potential
JN041 and 058 and boring useless fillers
JN061 is useless and JN081 actually made me like blue less
Jn048 drags on too long and just gives me a headache
JN059 Wow look i just stole a pokemon that turned out to be the most annoying pokemon in the entire anime
JN104 and 118 are littered with plot armor where ash wins just cause
and finally
journeys episodes 119 120 and 121 all have zero reason to exist and add absolutely nothing to the story

bw104 and 105 lets develop a rival during the series and then make him lose in the first round
The low-budget Paul/Todd Snap was dealt a bad hand of being the main rival of a character who already competed in 4 different leagues, had his storyline with Paul and defeated a Darkrai. For Trip those were too big of shoes to fill, which was why this was the perfect time to remove Ash from the series and start over with a new protagonist.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom