• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unique pokemon

Shinx3000

Reaction score
Basically does anyone have any pokemon in their games that are unique in some way and legit? (Shinies don't count unless they have something else). Here is what I mean, I have these pokemon that I bred myself:

All on my pearl game (not traded from platinum, just GBA games or bred in my pearl game):

A charizard with outrage

A butterfree with double edge

A poliwrath with metronome

A nidoking with mimic (Was kinda good, used it to learn psychic from and KO a gengar while the nidoking was holding focus sash)

hmm... yeah, I have a few of those. I usually make sure my Pokemon can fend off their Type weaknesses, so as a result they tend to have some "unique" (at least to me) moves.

The best I could recall is my first Tyranitar, which had Aerial Ace to take care of pesky Fighting-types. I traded it away for a My Pokemon Ranch Mew in GTS, though I have a shiny Larvitar waiting to be trained to take its place.

I have a few others I can't recall right now. My sister also has a Butterfree with Dream Eater, which she Pal Parked from her LeafGreen. It helped her win the Indigo League Challenge, so it's pretty hot stuff for a Butterfree.

well, they aren't really special for egg moves or anything, but:

my suicune from crystal, ciikii. love that hound, it's one of my favorite pokemon. it featured as my partner in an rp or two of mine waaaaay back in the day. i kinda miss it, but roleplaying is near impossible for me now. i can't keep myself interested in things like that anymore.

my darkrai that i had gotten from one of those toys r us events - it has roar of time and spacial rend (that's palkia's signature move, right?). actually, i have no idea if it still exists, because i think i only traded my friend one darkrai to hold (my sister had one too)...if i lost either of them, i'm going to be in some deep shit.

and, i suppose my first team from my first run through pearl. lol, nostalgia. even if it was only two years ago, that's a long time for someone as small as me. i was 11!

I have a bunch of Piplup with Rain Dance + Aqua Ring, and some more with Agility.

If I get a shiny one with Agility bred on it, I'm sold. :p

My pride 'n' joy is my legit Modest Latios with near perect IVs. He has 31 IVs in every stat except Attack (which of course doesn't matter). I got him over the GTS. There's no way I can actually prove he's legit, but his stats, moves, etc. aren't illegal, and he's usable on Wi-fi, PBR, etc. so there's no way to prove he's illegit either.

My pride 'n' joy is my legit Modest Latios with near perect IVs. He has 31 IVs in every stat except Attack (which of course doesn't matter). I got him over the GTS. There's no way I can actually prove he's legit, but his stats, moves, etc. aren't illegal, and he's usable on Wi-fi, PBR, etc. so there's no way to prove he's illegit either.

Ohh, thats cool, I suppose near perfect IVs could be possible, but I would not complain if it had legit moves so people could not say you were winning with something hacked.

My gyrados always has thunderbolt, though that is more of a, "hi, I am a water and flying type and I can use the attack that would normally kill me."

I don't breed for anything other than Pokedex stuff, so I don't have Pokemon with unique egg moves. So for unique TM stuff...ok I got a few.

-Yellow version Mew, obtained by long range trainer event, has softboiled. I thought for the game this was unique since the man that gave you the TM said only Chansey could use it (which I thought made the TM uber useless since Chansey learns it anyway)
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Time Pikachu has Wide Slash, I thought this was really cool to use your tail as a sword, plus the move is only in MD games

I have loads of unique Pokemon, a Bulbasaur with Magic leaf. Chimchar with Blaze kick, and m working on a few more :)

I have a Ninetales with Energy Ball. It's a natural move to teach a Ninetales, but teaching it to it was really long and complicated. And it also gets unusual points for being an underused Pokémon on an overused team.
That's no proof that he's legitimate. However, the fact that his EVs are near perfect instead of completely perfect suggests it very easily could be legitimate.

Nitpicking: unique means literally one-of-a-kind. Not unusual.

Sounds a bit too good to be true, though not impossible. I'd be happy to run it through a hack-checker (legal.exe) for you. If you are interested. Just shoot me a PM.

Well, I only started breading for egg moves recently, so I only have two, although I breed to get a few:

Machop: My first egg move. I bred a few so they would inherit Close Combat from my Infernape. Boy, was I supprised when they also had Rock Smash, Return, and Flamethrower! (too bad their SpAtck. is too low to make good use of it...) I plan on placing a couple on the GTS once I get Wi-fi, and keeping one.

Ponyta: It took a couple of Heartscales, but I used my Infernape to get a ponyta with Flamewheel (which it can't learn in Pearl), Flare Blitz (which it doesn't learn until much later) and Flamethrower (which requires a TM). Like machop, I'll put most one the GTS and keep one.

My Scyther knows Bug Buzz, from breeding. I think it's cool.
I have Elekids with Cross Chop. XD

I have a bunch of shinx with fire fang, ice fang, thunder fang and signal beam. Just looking to maybe EV Train one right, I keep screwing up.

I have a buneary with Ice, fire and thunder punch. Then gonna get a machop with the punches, then a shinx with the fangs

Shiny Charmander with Outrage. Shiny Meditite with Psycho Cut.

Needless to say these two are my highest regarded memories.

A choice Specs Ctndaquil with Eruption. It's fun to OHKO people because they don't see he has base 65 speed

Machop: My first egg move. I bred a few so they would inherit Close Combat from my Infernape. Boy, was I supprised when they also had Rock Smash, Return, and Flamethrower! (too bad their SpAtck. is too low to make good use of it...) I plan on placing a couple on the GTS once I get Wi-fi, and keeping one.

If the pokemon can use a HM move and the parent knows it, its always passed on, I can see flamethrower only being the interesting one. I'd like a close combat machop, cause I like machamp in general. Does the Platinum GTS still have the glitch or has that been fixed? If so I can trade mt machoke to pearl and back.

If the pokemon can use a HM move and the parent knows it, its always passed on, I can see flamethrower only being the interesting one. I'd like a close combat machop, cause I like machamp in general. Does the Platinum GTS still have the glitch or has that been fixed? If so I can trade mt machoke to pearl and back.

Flamethrower is a TM move, therefore it will also be passed on no matter what as long as the baby can learn the TM.

On emerald I have a charmander with rockslide, outrage, and dragon claw!

I also had a chansey that I trained to be like an electric type

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom